1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Demello Addition...

Discussion in 'Demello Offroad' started by fjfar80, May 15, 2012.

1. May 15, 2012 at 6:05 AM
    fjfar80

fjfar80 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD OR DC
    Total Chaos UCA's, King Coilover Front Suspension w/ Remote Reservoir Shocks, King / OME Dakar Rear Suspension with Remote Reservoir Shocks, DO Front Bumper, BruteForce Custom Rear Bumper, Slee Offroad Sliders, Warn w/synthetic line, Softopper, etc.
    I had the gentlemen at IPOR install my Demello Three Hoop (purchased from TRDPARTS4U) bumper w / Warn M8000 winch (Master-Pull Superline), a full OME suspension with the Dakar Leaf Springs, and Total Chaos UCA's. The truck is a 2009 DC TRD Offroad and I am running the Slee sliders.

Love the bumper and have nothing but positive things to say about Demello, picked up the truck last night from IPOR and as always...impressed by their work.

Now I just have to finish my dual battery installation this weekend.

Next up for the truck is a an ARB front air locker, re-gear, and a set of ASFIR skid plates...and just perhaps a CBI rear bumper.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My previous ride:

[​IMG]

Cheers.

- Mark

2. May 15, 2012 at 6:10 AM
    AzogSS

AzogSS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Soda City, SC
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma / 2011 FJC
    Looks good, that's a lot of toys installed at the same time!

3. May 15, 2012 at 6:24 AM
    captain.cardinal1

captain.cardinal1 instagram @e11lfd

Member:
    First Name:
    chad
    louisville, ky
    Vehicle:
    2016 trdorsb inferno FTMFW
    Pelfreybilt front aluminum bumper, full Pelfreybilt skid set, Pelfreybilt sliders, hondo garage phone vent mount, icon stage 3 lift, scs rays 10, 285-70-17 ridge grappler, c4 fab mid height bed rack (currently getting powder)
    Love the bumper and the rack.

4. May 15, 2012 at 11:04 AM
    penguins_cc

penguins_cc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    Perkins Performance Sliders, Warn 9000, Brute Force Fab front & rear bumper, OME/Dakar lift, full ATO skids and hi-lift mount, satoshi, Wet Okoles, illuminated 4x4 switch, Diff Breather.
    Looks pretty sweet! But then again, so does your previous Toyota. I've always wanted one of those LCs. How would you compare the offroad capabilities vs. our Tacomas?

5. May 15, 2012 at 12:32 PM
    fjfar80

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD OR DC
    Total Chaos UCA's, King Coilover Front Suspension w/ Remote Reservoir Shocks, King / OME Dakar Rear Suspension with Remote Reservoir Shocks, DO Front Bumper, BruteForce Custom Rear Bumper, Slee Offroad Sliders, Warn w/synthetic line, Softopper, etc.
    I hate to say it but, you just can't beat a triple-locked solid axle vehicle. Having said that...unless you are climbing rocks...the Tacoma is just as good. I anticipate once I put in the front ARB, re-gear, and put on some skid plates...the Tacoma should be able to do about 90% of what I could do in the Land Cruiser. None the less, I wouldn't turn the Tacoma down a level 5 trail strewn with boulders...the IFS would probably have a heart attack...where as the Land Cruiser just kept on moving over anything you would put in front of it...granted 35's help.

At the end of the day though...it's really about the driver...I have seen some well built vehicles absolutely fail off-road because there was a driver behind the wheel with little common sense and no technical knowledge. A little thinking and a little strategy can get you through most things off-road. My philosophy is if my tires are spinning even a little...I've picked the wrong line. That philosophy serves me well and keeps vehicles in one piece.

- Mark

6. May 16, 2012 at 3:32 AM
    penguins_cc

penguins_cc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    Perkins Performance Sliders, Warn 9000, Brute Force Fab front & rear bumper, OME/Dakar lift, full ATO skids and hi-lift mount, satoshi, Wet Okoles, illuminated 4x4 switch, Diff Breather.
    Well said, OP. Good points.

7. May 16, 2012 at 2:03 PM
    JDEMELLO

JDEMELLO Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Corona Ca
    Vehicle:
    none
    Nice pictures.

8. May 18, 2012 at 6:19 PM
    dirtysouthtaco

dirtysouthtaco Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Loxahatchee
    Vehicle:
    '07 SR5 4x4
    Billet Grille, Tonneu cover
    Is that a grocery basket on your roof?

9. May 21, 2012 at 4:56 AM
    fjfar80

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD OR DC
    Is this a serious question?

- Mark

10. May 21, 2012 at 5:43 AM
    buzzard1992

buzzard1992 Yep

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Summerville, SC
    Vehicle:
    01 4wd trd, 255/85/16 km2s
    5100's with eibachs. And 255/85/16 km2s
    Sick toyotas man! I drove around a white land cruiser like that for a few months till I traded it for my Tacoma. I kinda miss it now. They are great off road

11. May 26, 2012 at 12:19 PM
    JCfromDEMELLO

JCfromDEMELLO Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Black 2000 4x4
    Had to sell 'em all
    Looks like the fixtures Cy made for the side wings are working :D. Getting those sides to place properly was a real pain for the first few batches we built. We just had the laser cutters re-do the wings themselves (to get rid of that gap on the bottom seam). Let us know how things go with driving it around and if there's any chatter or rubbing between the wings and the fenders. That fixture has knocked off some serious labor time on the bumpers.

Cy doesn't get on the forums anywhere but he's seriously an asset to the shop and an unsung hero of the fab and install side of DO. Anyone who's been to the shop for an install and has met him knows what I'm talkin about.

Glad you're happy with yer new toy! Looks great!

J. C. P.

12. May 26, 2012 at 1:54 PM
    BlackSeven

BlackSeven Grab your helmet, this shits about to get retarded

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    '10 Reg Cab 4x4
    Toytec Ultimate Lift kit, Toytec Rear AAL, 4.88 Gears, ARB Rear locker, Doug Thorley header, Volant Cold Air Intake, Demello Offroad front high clearance bumper, ARB On board Air compressor, BLHM, Wet Okoles, 2011 Color matched grill, Weathertech mats, 4x Innovations Sliders, ATO Engine Skid plate, ATO High lift bed mounts.
    Can you explain this a little more? I installed the additional braces in the front and I do have some banging on the fenders. I loosened the bolts up and stood on the bumper and it seemed to give me a bit more clearance on, and for the most part has solved any banging/rubbing, but it's still very close and occasionally will make noise. Here is a picture of my truck. Still very happy with the bumper. This might be due to the fact that I have a high clearance bumper.

[​IMG]

13. May 26, 2012 at 2:30 PM
    JCfromDEMELLO

JCfromDEMELLO Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Black 2000 4x4
    Had to sell 'em all

14. Jun 3, 2012 at 7:00 AM
    screename

screename Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Van
    Houston, TX
    Very nice!!!! Quick question, what kind of fog lights are those? The stock fogs don't fit right?

15. Jun 3, 2012 at 7:53 PM
    BlackSeven

BlackSeven Grab your helmet, this shits about to get retarded

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    '10 Reg Cab 4x4
    Toytec Ultimate Lift kit, Toytec Rear AAL, 4.88 Gears, ARB Rear locker, Doug Thorley header, Volant Cold Air Intake, Demello Offroad front high clearance bumper, ARB On board Air compressor, BLHM, Wet Okoles, 2011 Color matched grill, Weathertech mats, 4x Innovations Sliders, ATO Engine Skid plate, ATO High lift bed mounts.
    The brand they highly recommend are Acro foglights. They're essentially these: http://acrolights.com/products.php?pid=37 without the brackets.

I'm not shelling out 300 dollars for 3 and 3/4 inch driving lights. Rigid is cheaper and that's really saying something.

The opening is exactly 4 inches, the acro driving lights are 3 and 3/4 inches. I picked up some 4 inch westin lights for 40 bucks and I'm going to make them work. after spending 1400+ on a bumper after shipping, the 300 bucks extra for lights was a bit of a punch in the stomach.

Products Discussed in

To Top