1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New England B.S. Thread

Discussion in 'North East' started by mach1man001, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Sep 30, 2016 at 10:18 AM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    Remind me, on a 2011-2014 V6..what's the towing capacity with and without tow package?

Asking for a friend..yes really

2. Sep 30, 2016 at 10:19 AM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 [OP] eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    Tacoma? 3500 with out. 6500 with

3. Sep 30, 2016 at 10:42 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    The Tacoma tow package is worth it in my opinion. It tows fine without it, but the tow package does add a lot of useful items like a tranny cooler (autos only), engine oil cooler and I believe a better battery and alternator and obviously the receiver but that can be added to any truck.

jpereira2 likes this.
  4. Sep 30, 2016 at 11:16 AM
    jethro

jethro Master Baiter

Member:
    First Name:
    Geoff
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    2020 Ford F-150 Lariat 5.0L V8
    My last Tacoma didn't have the tow package and honestly the biggest issue? The wiring harness. You can get those plug and play harnesses that tap into your tail lights but there is only one ground point for all the circuits (stop, turn and running) which means that ground and the converter box goes bad if you tow a lot. I tow all the time. The ground circuit get's way overloaded all the time.

This truck I paid gladly for the TRD package with the tow package and will gladly do it again. I went through honestly at least 6 or 8 of those plug and play harnesses on my Gen 1. The factory harness is worth every penny.

5. Sep 30, 2016 at 11:49 AM
    Pugga

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    When I bought mine, if I had known what was actually in the tow package, I would have paid for it. The salesman literally said, 'it's the $3,500 sticker package'... With that sales pitch, I passed and stuck with the SR5. I didn't tow frequently and still went through 2 of those plug and play wiring harnesses and I religiously stuffed the plug with dielectric grease. As you mentioned, they just corrode away.

6. Sep 30, 2016 at 11:53 AM
    Cativelense

Cativelense Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Black 4x4 TRD Sport
    -TRD oil cap -TRD radiator cap -TRD shift knob -2015 Entune system with Nav, -OEM roof rack -Front windows tinted to match back (20%) -BPK Skid Plate -Non clock hazard switch assembly -WeatherTech floor mats -AFE Stage II Pro Dry Intake -AVS Vent Shades -AMP Research bed extender -Horn relocation mod -Bob's Mirror -Redline hood struts -UltraGauge MX 1.3 -Debadged -Reverse LEDs & shifter bezel LED -Black steering wheel controls, black shifter bezel, black AC vent panel -Black gauge cluster rings + black tweeter rings -Morimoto XB LED fog lights -Anzo tail lights -Hilux 4x4 lighted switch -Bed mat -Hondo Garage radio knobs -OKLED 20" light bar mounted on BAMF behind the grill mount -CH4X4 LED light bar switch w/add-a-fuse -nd4spdbh fog light anytime mod (HUGE thanks to @tgriff) -Debadged bed -Secondary air pump filter -Retros (Morimoto Mini H1's and Morimoto Panamera shrouds with dual intensity LED DRL's & 5000k bulbs) -Tailgate Anti-Theft Device by @scleaf -OEM TRD Sport 17" wheels painted black w/Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 tires (Winter wheels) -Pro Comp Extreme 17" wheels w/Firestone Destination LE2 tires (Spring/Summer/Fall wheels) -Anzo blacked out third break light -HomerTaco Tacoma Ghost Raptor Insert -Rear diff breather mod (HUGE thanks to @jc11taco89) -Fumoto Valve -LEER 100R -Salex center console and glove box organizers -Power Pop N Lock -Mobtown Tailgate Skin -TRD Pro suspension with HS Progressive AAL (overload leaf in) -ECGS replacement bearing -Dust caps on rear drums to match front -Me-So Customs "The Gasshole" -ACEkraut license plate bracket -mesojdm's 2nd Gen Ultimate LED Dome and Map lights -Seat spacers from olecoot -Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation Bracket
    I'm glad I paid for the sticker package then!

7. Sep 30, 2016 at 12:01 PM
    Noelie84

Noelie84 What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Wales, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '15 Ram 2500 Land Barge
    8.5 Fisher XV2, some switches, some lights.
    I hate FedEx. Stupid. I ordered some stuff on Amazon and the tracking info on Fedex said that they needed a signature in order to deliver. So I printed off the 'drop here' form from FedEx's website, filled it out, and taped it to the front door. Got a notification that day saying that delivery had been attempted, but nobody was home so they'd try again next day. Got home and found the FedEx 'drop here' form still taped to the door, and right next to it was a slip from FedEx for me to sign and date so they could drop the package. :facepalm:

So I filled out their little slip and left it on the door yesterday, and got an alert saying that they had attempted delivery but that nobody was home so they'd try again. I called the FedEx help line and told them that I'd filled out the form and had it waiting, and that I wanted them to have the driver swing back by and drop my package off. They obliged, and I got another alert saying that delivery had been attempted but that nobody was home so they'd try again later. I called FedEx back, and was told that the driver noted that the slip couldn't be located.
    Got home, and it's still taped to the front door, right where I left it. :frusty:

So I logged onto their website and told them to hold it at their facility and I'd pick it up, since they obviously can't manage to do their job. I got there to pick my package up and the box was totally mangled. Crushed, retaped, and obviously crushed again. I asked the clerk lady if she was serious, and she offered that I could refuse it. Told her that I'd take it, but if what I ordered was damaged that I was bringing it back.

I order from Amazon all the time, and UPS never causes any problems. But FedEx... sheesh.

bornruffian likes this.
  8. Sep 30, 2016 at 12:06 PM
    Noelie84

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Wales, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '15 Ram 2500 Land Barge
    One of my favorite parts on my new truck is that they integrated the hitch plugs right into the bumper, behind their own watertight doors, and there's a trailer brake controller built right into the dash. It also has a set of lines on the backup camera, one of which is aligned exactly with the trailer hitch and moves with how you turn the wheel, so I can plot the approach when I'm hooking up. :thumbsup:

ERMB likes this.
  9. Sep 30, 2016 at 12:13 PM
    BananaPeelOut

BananaPeelOut Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2005 silver access cab TRD Off-Road
    Kenwood Headunit, CB radio setup, wind deflectors.
    [QUOTE="Noelie84, post: 13340794, member: 112264"... so I can plot the approach when I'm hooking up. :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

I bet your wife/GF appreciates that ;)

10. Sep 30, 2016 at 12:25 PM
    Noelie84

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Wales, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '15 Ram 2500 Land Barge
    Certainly cuts down on instances of lining up with the wrong.... spot.

jpereira2 and BananaPeelOut like this.
  11. Sep 30, 2016 at 12:38 PM
    bornruffian

bornruffian Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Halifax MA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4 cyl.
    Fog Light, LED Bar in the lower valence, fumoto oil drain plug replacement, backrack

When I order stuff on the interwebs, I always hope for it to be through UPS. I have never had a problem with them. But it is funny that you bring this up because I have very similar problems with my local Post Office, if the package is too large to fit in the mailbox they usually just leave a slip in the mailbox saying that it was unsafe to drop the package. Even after I have told them they can leave it right on my porch. Well today I got a notification that it was delivered at the garage... Lets hope they actually did so! UPS is the way to go

Noelie84[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Sep 30, 2016 at 12:43 PM
    Noelie84

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Wales, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '15 Ram 2500 Land Barge
    My postal carrier is usually pretty good, but we'll occasionally go all week without getting any mail, and then on Friday I'll come home to a mailbox that's chockablock full.

bornruffian likes this.
  13. Sep 30, 2016 at 12:49 PM
    BananaPeelOut

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    NH
    Vehicle:
    We have a grumpy mailman.

After talking to our neighbors about him one time they said he has driven right by their house as they were standing in their driveway graciously awaiting his delivery.

Noelie84 likes this.
  14. Sep 30, 2016 at 12:55 PM
    Noelie84

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Wales, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '15 Ram 2500 Land Barge
    Ours is one strange cat. Sometimes on a Saturday he'll drop off our mail, then 2 or 3 hours later we'll see him go back up the hill again. Once he stopped at our mailbox a second time, just to drop off a Tractor Supply flyer. Nothing that couldn't have waited until Monday....

15. Sep 30, 2016 at 12:57 PM
    BananaPeelOut

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    NH
    Vehicle:
    Maybe the coupons expire on Sunday!!!

16. Sep 30, 2016 at 1:01 PM
    Noelie84

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Wales, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '15 Ram 2500 Land Barge
    I don't remember, to be honest. But we usually get their flyers 2-3 weeks in advance, so I don't think that'd be the case. :notsure:

17. Sep 30, 2016 at 3:21 PM
    DoubleRGirl

DoubleRGirl Hello Kitty Edition

Member:
    First Name:
    Rebecca
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRD Sport 6speed
    Awesome day at the track despite the cold!

18. Sep 30, 2016 at 3:21 PM
    gugman

gugman analog

Member:
    First Name:
    bob
    Vermont
    my town dose not even have law enforcement. we rent it from the town next door

19. Sep 30, 2016 at 3:22 PM
    gugman

gugman analog

Member:
    First Name:
    bob
    Vermont
    Sparsely at that

20. Sep 30, 2016 at 3:36 PM
    Pugga

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Nice! Mine was weird... I have the tow package so it has a tranny cooler, receiver and both the 7 and 4 pin wiring, but no integrated brake controller. I bought the Ford module, all the wiring was in the dash, just plugged it in and Ford activated it for me in the dash. My plugs hang down next to the receiver though, same vulnerable spot as the Tacoma's stock plug.

Products Discussed in

To Top