1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New England B.S. Thread

Discussion in 'North East' started by mach1man001, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Oct 12, 2017 at 10:35 AM
    Noelie84

Noelie84 What could possibly go wrong?

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Wales, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '16 F150 SCAB 2.7EB
    Deliberately stock daily driver
    Baseball. Fun to play, usually pretty :tumbleweed: to watch. I'll catch a minor league game or two in Portland every summer, but the pro games are :turtleride:

Sloth likes this.
  2. Oct 12, 2017 at 10:42 AM
    morri89

morri89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brendan
    Hopedale MA
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR5 Double Cab 4x4
    Every pro sporting event is turning into :turtleride: with reviews and challenges of every other play...

3. Oct 12, 2017 at 10:45 AM
    TreeFortRichard

TreeFortRichard Going to hit 100K this month...

Member:
    Massachusetts (Central)
    Vehicle:
    '10 Access 4x4 SR5 Manual
    If they are going to allow umpires to call balls and strikes there is going to be a debate about balls and strikes...I want the K-zone up for every pitch. It never fails that when we get to the playoffs they will go for stretches without the K-zone and debate the pitch...just show the K-zone and end the argument...

4. Oct 12, 2017 at 10:46 AM
    Cativelense

Cativelense Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Black 4x4 TRD Sport
    -TRD oil cap -TRD radiator cap -TRD shift knob -2015 Entune system with Nav, -Bakflip G2 cover -OEM roof rack -Front windows tinted to match back (20%) -Map and dome LEDs, -BPF skid plate -Non clock hazard switch assembly -WeatherTech floor mats -AFE Stage II Pro Dry Intake -AMP Research bed extender -Horn relocation mod -Bob's Mirror -Redline hood struts -UltraGauge MX 1.3 -Debadged -Reverse LEDs & shifter bezel LED -Black steering wheel controls, black shifter bezel, black AC vent panel -Black gauge cluster rings + black tweeter rings -Morimoto XB LED fog lights -Anzo tail lights -Hilux 4x4 lighted switch -Bed mat -Hondo Garage radio knobs -OKLED 20" light bar mounted on BAMF behind the grill mount -CH4X4 LED light bar switch w/add-a-fuse -nd4spdbh fog light anytime mod (HUGE thanks to @tgriff) -Debadged bed -Secondary air pump filter -Retros (Morimoto Mini H1's and Morimoto Panamera shrouds with dual intensity LED DRL's & 5000k bulbs) -Tailgate Anti-Theft Device by @scleaf -OEM TRD Sport 17" wheels painted black w/Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 tires (Winter wheels) -Pro Comp Extreme 17" wheels w/Firestone Destination LE2 tires (Spring/Summer/Fall wheels) -Anzo blacked out third break light -@HomerTaco Special grill insert -Rear diff breather mod (HUGE thanks to @jc11taco89)
    Yeah... but then you're getting into a "sketchy" area about the umps, etc, and calling stuff.

Take the human element out of the game, which in my opinion is what's good about baseball. Some things just aren't worth getting technology into, to help. Balls and strikes is one of them.

Spare Parts likes this.
  5. Oct 12, 2017 at 10:51 AM
    Noelie84

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Wales, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '16 F150 SCAB 2.7EB
    Ugh, tell me about it. The fact that the refs are stopping football games now to review a play drives me nuts. It stalls SO many drives now. The offense has momentum, they're going no-huddle and lining up to snap the ball to catch the defense on their heels, aaand the refs blow the whistle, stop the game, give the defense a chance to catch their breath and get organized while they review the previous play that was an obvious completion or an obvious first down. :rant:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    morri89 likes this.
  6. Oct 12, 2017 at 11:04 AM
    morri89

morri89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brendan
    Hopedale MA
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR5 Double Cab 4x4
    I can't stand that every scoring play and turnover is reviewed. If it's a close call, the ref is just going to call it a touchdown or interception just so they can review it.
    Coaches basically never have to even use their challenges anymore. Or, when they actually want to, they can't because the wind was blowing north to south and therefore is a non-challengeable play.

Noelie84 likes this.
  7. Oct 12, 2017 at 11:04 AM
    DoubleRGirl

DoubleRGirl Hello Kitty Edition

Member:
    First Name:
    Rebecca
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRD Sport 6speed
    i feel like the human element of the officials is part of the game

8. Oct 12, 2017 at 11:42 AM
    Sloth

Sloth Baby Ruth?

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Democratic Peoples Republik of Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ Cruiser
    Stuff
    That's where blow, bribes, and hookers come in too!

DoubleRGirl and Pugga like this.
  9. Oct 12, 2017 at 11:45 AM
    BananaPeelOut

BananaPeelOut Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2005 silver access cab TRD Off-Road
    Kenwood Headunit, CB radio setup, wind deflectors.
    I have said it multiple times and I will say it again, if the government wants to build a god damned wall, put it on MA's Nothern border.

Noelie84 likes this.
  10. Oct 12, 2017 at 11:48 AM
    BananaPeelOut

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    NH
    Vehicle:
    wheeliest likes this.
  11. Oct 12, 2017 at 11:50 AM
    BananaPeelOut

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    NH
    Vehicle:
    No surprise coming from a Pats fan, although I don't know if I have room to talk as a cheesehead

12. Oct 12, 2017 at 11:57 AM
    js312

js312 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New England
    Vehicle:
    11.5 Pyrite Mica DCLB TRD Sport 4X4
    OME 884 Coils, Bilstein 5100s (x4), General HD Leaf Packs, Kenwood DDX271, Sound Ordnance 8" Shallow Powered Sub, Tundra USB/Aux Port, OEM Tube Steps, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Heated Seats, Heated Mirrors, WeatherTech Floor Liners w/ TRD Sport decals, EGR In-Channel Vent Visors, OEM Bed Mat, Hankook DynaPro ATM P265/70 R17 (summer), Yokohama Geolandar I/T G072 P245/75 R16 (winter), Northstar AGM27F, FJ40 4WD Emblem, Illuminated 4x4 Switch, LED Bed Lights w/ Air on Board switch, UltraGauge MX 1.3, 35% Front Window Tint, Center console AC outlet
    @Noelie84 Had that dentist appointment today. He pulled the one wisdom tooth that I knew was an issue, said the others are fine. Found two small cavities on other teeth that he wants to deal with next week, and x-ray the other side to make sure there's nothing he can't see there. It had been eight years--he said if I hadn't been so good about keeping them clean it would have been a bad situation.

I was panicking that he was going to find a lot of issues and it'd cost me a ton of money, so it's a relief for sure. I'm mostly just disappointed that I can no longer say I've never had a cavity.

Noelie84 likes this.
  13. Oct 12, 2017 at 11:58 AM
    Noelie84

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Wales, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '16 F150 SCAB 2.7EB
    Packers have been bitten by it a couple of times this season, since they're all about momentum. But I don't care what team it is, I'm seeing it all over the league. I'm not somebody who JUST watches Pats games; I'll watch pretty much any football game, regardless of who's playing (that's why I hate when the Pats have a 1pm game; I blow all day Sunday watching football because I'll watch the Pats play at 1, then roll into the 4:30 games, and then keep watching for the GOW). And FWIW, Packers are my #2 team. If the Pats aren't playing, go Pack.

:rofl:

You should be thrilled that after 8 years that was ALL you had. Guy I work with has been complaining for 6 weeks about how much one of his teeth hurts (he hadn't been to the dentist in about that same stretch, 8 years or so) and I finally convinced him to go. Needs something like 10 fillings and one of his molars is so far gone that they're just going to yank it because there's not even enough left to do a root canal.

BananaPeelOut likes this.
  14. Oct 12, 2017 at 12:00 PM
    BananaPeelOut

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    NH
    Vehicle:
    Hell yeah!

Noelie84 likes this.
  15. Oct 12, 2017 at 12:04 PM
    replica9000

replica9000 Mildly retarded...

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    New Vertiform City
    Vehicle:
    2008 AC Sport 6spd
    What was the deal with the ball girl? Isn't her job to get stray foul balls? Looked like her interference actually helped the Sox.

16. Oct 12, 2017 at 12:07 PM
    Noelie84

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Wales, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '16 F150 SCAB 2.7EB
    Granted, the momentum killing pisses me off more with the Pats and the Packers because they both know how to push a defense off balance and run with it, but it annoys me when I'm just watching a regular game too. Just let them play! If the coaches want a review done on a call, they've got a flag for that.

17. Oct 12, 2017 at 12:08 PM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    -TRD oil cap -TRD radiator cap -TRD shift knob -2015 Entune system with Nav, -Bakflip G2 cover -OEM roof rack -Front windows tinted to match back (20%) -Map and dome LEDs, -BPF skid plate -Non clock hazard switch assembly -WeatherTech floor mats -AFE Stage II Pro Dry Intake -AMP Research bed extender -Horn relocation mod -Bob's Mirror -Redline hood struts -UltraGauge MX 1.3 -Debadged -Reverse LEDs & shifter bezel LED -Black steering wheel controls, black shifter bezel, black AC vent panel -Black gauge cluster rings + black tweeter rings -Morimoto XB LED fog lights -Anzo tail lights -Hilux 4x4 lighted switch -Bed mat -Hondo Garage radio knobs -OKLED 20" light bar mounted on BAMF behind the grill mount -CH4X4 LED light bar switch w/add-a-fuse -nd4spdbh fog light anytime mod (HUGE thanks to @tgriff) -Debadged bed -Secondary air pump filter -Retros (Morimoto Mini H1's and Morimoto Panamera shrouds with dual intensity LED DRL's & 5000k bulbs) -Tailgate Anti-Theft Device by @scleaf -OEM TRD Sport 17" wheels painted black w/Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 tires (Winter wheels) -Pro Comp Extreme 17" wheels w/Firestone Destination LE2 tires (Spring/Summer/Fall wheels) -Anzo blacked out third break light -@HomerTaco Special grill insert -Rear diff breather mod (HUGE thanks to @jc11taco89)
    What happened?! I didn't watch the Sox game... ball girl got in the way?!

18. Oct 12, 2017 at 12:10 PM
    js312

js312 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New England
    Vehicle:
    11.5 Pyrite Mica DCLB TRD Sport 4X4
    OME 884 Coils, Bilstein 5100s (x4), General HD Leaf Packs, Kenwood DDX271, Sound Ordnance 8" Shallow Powered Sub, Tundra USB/Aux Port, OEM Tube Steps, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Heated Seats, Heated Mirrors, WeatherTech Floor Liners w/ TRD Sport decals, EGR In-Channel Vent Visors, OEM Bed Mat, Hankook DynaPro ATM P265/70 R17 (summer), Yokohama Geolandar I/T G072 P245/75 R16 (winter), Northstar AGM27F, FJ40 4WD Emblem, Illuminated 4x4 Switch, LED Bed Lights w/ Air on Board switch, UltraGauge MX 1.3, 35% Front Window Tint, Center console AC outlet
    I do have one molar that had a crack for years that let go not long ago. He said the piece that's gone is just an outer layer of enamel and it hasn't impacted the root, but wants to build it back up because it's weaker now as a result. So, three things remaining I guess. Unless he finds another filling to do with more X-Rays.

Either way, I'm lucky. He didn't act like any of it was a big deal at all.

Noelie84 likes this.
  19. Oct 12, 2017 at 12:11 PM
    replica9000

replica9000 Mildly retarded...

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    New Vertiform City
    Vehicle:
    2008 AC Sport 6spd
  20. Oct 12, 2017 at 12:13 PM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    BigMacMcCoy likes this.

Products Discussed in this Thread

To Top