1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New England B.S. Thread

Discussion in 'North East' started by mach1man001, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Mar 15, 2018 at 5:36 AM
    Bruce988jl

Bruce988jl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Dbl Cab TRD Off-Road & 05 Mitsubishi Evo
    Thanks dude

@Spare Parts shoot me a message if you want my spot in the current group buy he's doing. If not I'll keep it and just have it put on the massive to-install list for my truck...

2. Mar 15, 2018 at 5:42 AM
    micwillia

micwillia Nonstop Tinkerer

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Cental Masshole
    Vehicle:
    Turd gen Inferno Taco TuRD OR DCSB 6MT, '96 Mustang V6 Vert 5MT
    Cubby Covers, TRD Pro Exhaust, BAK RevolverX2, Pro Skid, Speaker Upgrade, OBA/W, CB, 255/85R16
    Makes sense since you usually hike what you ski. Most of the mountains will be going strong for at least a bit. I just keep looking on instagram and drolling all day seeing pictures & videos from VT/ME. I may try to get next friday off so I can get another weekday slopes day in before the weekend crowd.

Sorry not enough vertical for it to be useful. Even on the mountains around here the runs end too quickly; that's why I disappear into the trees, it helps make the runs last longer. Maybe you can work a deal to deliver it to a mountain for it to be recycled :rofl:

So many times I wished I had someone to teach me that kind of stuff; my dad always had the belief of pay someone to do the work for you and you don't need to put unnecessary money into things (i.e. cars). Mom tells me I'm just like her dad but, I was young when he passed. I've got the skills to do the work but none of the knowledge; so I'm trying to learn as much as I can now.

jpereira2 and DrFunker[QUOTED] like this.
  3. Mar 15, 2018 at 5:44 AM
    Noelie84

Noelie84 What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Wales, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '15 Ram 2500 Land Barge
    8.5 Fisher XV2, some switches, some lights.
    For those of you who aren't on my snap feed, figured I'd share. My garage shed yesterday and I decided I didn't feel like shoveling that much wet, heavy, packed-in snow. It does this a few times a winter and by this time of year I'm sick of removing it, so...I cheated. Used the tractor to stack it up and shove it back instead.
    :thumbsup:

Before I started it looked pretty much like this one, from a couple of years ago. Which explains my lack of enthusiasm about shoveling it...

There's times I wish I had a bigger tractor, but for stuff like this having a small one is really damned handy :laugh:

micwillia, DrFunker and Cativelense like this.
  4. Mar 15, 2018 at 5:51 AM
    micwillia

micwillia Nonstop Tinkerer

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Cental Masshole
    Vehicle:
    Turd gen Inferno Taco TuRD OR DCSB 6MT, '96 Mustang V6 Vert 5MT
    Cubby Covers, TRD Pro Exhaust, BAK RevolverX2, Pro Skid, Speaker Upgrade, OBA/W, CB, 255/85R16
    You call yourself old but, you're on snapchat? o_O

DoubleRGirl likes this.
  5. Mar 15, 2018 at 5:53 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I wish I knew more about metal working and machining. I've been learning from one of the local ironworkers when I have time. He does welding classes as his shop so I'm just starting to pick up the basics. I figured knowing how to at least stick weld could come in handy at some point in my life. If I can keep with it, he'll teach me how to use the other, more advanced techniques as well.

6. Mar 15, 2018 at 5:54 AM
    Noelie84

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Wales, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '15 Ram 2500 Land Barge
    Story of my life VVVV
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  7. Mar 15, 2018 at 5:56 AM
    jethro

jethro Master Baiter

Member:
    First Name:
    Geoff
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    2020 Ford F-150 Lariat 5.0L V8
    Well, as bang buddies, bj's certainly happen, but scheduled bj's? Like the whole birthday, anniversary or March 14th thing? That seems to be the domain of married or long term committed people.

We just spent a week together so we need some alone time.

Noelie84[QUOTED] and Jcyr like this.
  8. Mar 15, 2018 at 5:56 AM
    Noelie84

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Wales, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '15 Ram 2500 Land Barge
    My GF uses it constantly and she downloaded it onto my phone so she could send me pictures during the day without having to text them.
    :laugh:

I would think that MIG would be easier to learn on; stick is kind of a pain on anything thin-gauge.

I'll never turn the GF down if she wants to do one, scheduled or not :laugh:

9. Mar 15, 2018 at 5:58 AM
    Jcyr

Jcyr Midnightthetaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    North east
    Vehicle:
    3RZ 04 4x4 black ext cab
    2.5" lift king/total chaos Skids sliders rear tire swing
    I do this with a skid steer every time it snows

Noelie84[QUOTED] likes this.
  10. Mar 15, 2018 at 6:05 AM
    jethro

jethro Master Baiter

Member:
    First Name:
    Geoff
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    2020 Ford F-150 Lariat 5.0L V8
    I rode my sled around town like a punk hooligan on Tuesday during the storm, road riding all over the place. Lot's of the gates for the trails are closed, so all this snow is useless to me. The good news is it will help speed up ice out so I can hopefully get the boat out to do some fishing.

DrFunker[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Mar 15, 2018 at 6:08 AM
    Bruce988jl

Bruce988jl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Dbl Cab TRD Off-Road & 05 Mitsubishi Evo
    Stripped down an evo motor to part out yesterday.. Almost dropped the head off the table when the leg gave out under it. That would have sucked... 3000$ aluminum casted head... brand new and upgraded too
    This is what happens when you buy cheap tables for shop use....

Noelie84 and jpereira2 like this.
  12. Mar 15, 2018 at 6:09 AM
    Noelie84

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Wales, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '15 Ram 2500 Land Barge
    There's actually a pretty steep bank there normally, but the tractor is light enough and when the snow is wet it packs in firmly enough that I can drive over it if I'm careful not to spin the tires and dig in. Normally the garage sheds slowly enough that it just piles up under the eaves, but when we get this heavy snow it all comes loose in a rush and dumps over onto the shed (and buries my path to the chicken coop)

Bet that was a heart starter.

13. Mar 15, 2018 at 6:09 AM
    DrFunker

DrFunker Well-Known Member

Member:
    ahhhhh....fishing......:rolleyes:
    Rivers are going to be in great shape.

14. Mar 15, 2018 at 6:12 AM
    tacobell007

tacobell007 Western Mass Automotive Coatings

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Western MA
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab Lifted
    Eibach springs, OME Dakars, Walker Evans remote resi coilovers with adjustable dampening, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Icon ext travel rear shocks, Kenwood in-dash nav receiver, Kicker 10 inch sub in a ported truck box, Alpine 250 watt amp, stickers, Rigid 32" gang box, LED tool box lights, 35% tint, Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, 35x12.5x17 Mastercraft Courser MXT's, Fuel Off-Road Trophy d551 in 17x8.5, Retros, white corner marker bulbs, color matched front grille, custom satoshi grille mod with matching Toyota badge, aFe Pro5R drop in filter, diff breather mod, new frame from recall, SOS concepts front plate, SOS concepts rear high clearance plate with swing out and full size spare, SOS bolt-on sliders with kickout, 22" LED bar, flush mount pods in rear plate bumper for aux reverse lights, Rigid Industries dually's on SOS ditch light brackets, 5.29 Nitro gears, ARB front air locker, Detroit locker in the rear
    I really enjoy machining, I'm trying to get better at welding as well, it is all in practicing. Learn the techniques and theories then practice, practice, practice.

Yup, exactly :rofl:

Darth_Yota and ERMB like this.
  15. Mar 15, 2018 at 6:32 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    He said that MIG is easier to learn also. He also said, if I can learn how to properly stick weld, switching to MIG would be a breeze. He's old school in the sense of, if you can do it the old fashioned way, the new and improved methods are easy but you need to know the basics first. Fortunately, we haven't done any welding on thin gauge material. It's all been 1/8" or thicker. The first couple 'classes' were just laying down beads on flat stock, not even joining pieces together.

16. Mar 15, 2018 at 6:46 AM
    Noelie84

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Wales, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '15 Ram 2500 Land Barge
    I suppose that's true. I learned on stick, then learned mig in high school and it was a lot easier. Laying beads on flat stock is a typical way of learning; easier to see the results of your puddle and penetration on flat stock, since there's no gap to fill and change the shape of the bead, probably.

17. Mar 15, 2018 at 6:58 AM
    js312

js312 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New England
    Vehicle:
    23 F150 PowerBoost Lariat 502a
    Husky Weatherbeaters, OEM Mud Guards, Wheel Well Liners, Bullet Spray-In Bed Liner, Gator Soft Tri-Fold Cover, Hankook DynaPro AT2 (Summer), Blizzak DM-V2 (Winter)
    I don't understand the success of SnapChat. I text people pictures all the time...I don't see how that's a problem that needed to be solved.

BigMacMcCoy likes this.
  18. Mar 15, 2018 at 7:01 AM
    BigMacMcCoy

BigMacMcCoy Cajun In Vienna

Member:
    First Name:
    Braedon
    Vienna, VA
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2010 Tacoma Access Cab
    All the dumb choices in one vehicle
    Morning y'all! Driving in to work today I was thinking "Man, the truck is riding really smooth this morning. I wonder why?" And it took me a minute to realize it's because the bed is full of snow and ice. All that extra weight must be smoothing things out haha

Yeah! I've got a pair of Flex Duals as my fog lights. You can wire them in directly, since they are lower amperage than the stock fogs, which is nice. I got the spread pattern, which casts out a ton of light, but also means I have to angle them down quite a bit. I'm wary of driving with them on normally, since they aren't technically street legal, but if it's adverse conditions I will happily turn them on. I got the amber covers for them as well. Bright as hell!

Bridge4[QUOTED] and tacobell007 like this.
  19. Mar 15, 2018 at 7:04 AM
    BigMacMcCoy

BigMacMcCoy Cajun In Vienna

Member:
    First Name:
    Braedon
    Vienna, VA
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2010 Tacoma Access Cab
    All the dumb choices in one vehicle
    Imagine wanting to send someone a risqué picture, but you don't want them to be able to show it around to all their friends. You can't send it by normal means...

Well here comes an app that makes it easy to send those pictures, but they auto-delete from the recipient's phone after however many seconds you wish, and if they screenshot it you'll get notified! Makes you feel a lot safer about sending those pictures haha

So of course it took off in colleges, and the rest of the world followed.

BostonBilly and tacobell007 like this.
  20. Mar 15, 2018 at 7:04 AM
    Noelie84

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Wales, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '15 Ram 2500 Land Barge
    Lots of people use it for sending pictures that they don't want the recipients to be able to keep, like noodz. The GF likes it because she can send a photo to all of her friends, some of her friends, etc. without having to send 16 different texts.

tacobell007 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top