1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New England B.S. Thread

Discussion in 'North East' started by mach1man001, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Sep 27, 2019 at 12:26 PM
    emelianenkov

emelianenkov Santa/Alex Emeliahoweveryouspellhislastname

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    NORTH POLE
    Vehicle:
    Alex's Shitbox Emporium
    NE Special Rust Edition
    I just don't want snow in the bed.

Bridge4[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Sep 27, 2019 at 12:28 PM
    Pibbles99

Pibbles99 One more cast

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    21 OR dbl cab
    Can anybody tell me if the wire clips that hold the headlight bulbs in place for my truck are easy to obtain. If I’m not mistaken I believe this dealership told me I need to buy the whole headlight assembly to get that I find that hard to believe and then I should be able to obtain it fairly easily

3. Sep 27, 2019 at 12:28 PM
    Bridge4

Bridge4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2003 DCSB Imperial Jade
    If you plan on not using it most of the year, then it wouldn't be an issue. I had to roll mine up and down a lot in the winter and if I didn't remember to put it back flat before I went to bed, it was tough luck in the morning until another warm sunny day

jethro and emelianenkov[QUOTED] like this.
  4. Sep 27, 2019 at 12:39 PM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 [OP] eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    I never had a problem with my Truxedo lo-pro qt but then again I always unrolled it as soon as I was done.
    And Alex @emelianenkov it kept the snow out great while allowing me the use of the whole bed without blocking my rear window!

emelianenkov likes this.
  5. Sep 27, 2019 at 12:50 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I think you're doing the right thing, ask people on here. I'm sure someone has a trashed set of lights and could get you the clips. Otherwise, give NAPA, Advanced or Autozone a call and see if they sell the bulb retainer clips.

If you go through a dealership, that is likely not a part they sell separately, that doesn't mean it isn't available somewhere else separately. I have to believe someone sells them and they're probably like a $0.50 part.

Pibbles99[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Sep 27, 2019 at 12:58 PM
    emelianenkov

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    NORTH POLE
    Vehicle:
    Alex's Shitbox Emporium
    NE Special Rust Edition
    I would only be using the bed during the weekend, if ever in the winter. If I did have to use it, I would close it up before it became an icicle.

The Truxedo is really appealing, though that Gator looks good too. Plus no rails, so I can take it off and put the RTT on quickly.

Bridge4[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Sep 27, 2019 at 1:04 PM
    Noelie84

Noelie84 What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Wales, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '15 Ram 2500 Land Barge
    8.5 Fisher XV2, some switches, some lights.
    You might want to opt out of a tonneau cover unless it's one that you can stand on, so you can clean your roof off during the winter.
    Not sure what you'd do about the hood; maybe a stepladder.

Bridge4 and emelianenkov[QUOTED] like this.
  8. Sep 27, 2019 at 1:05 PM
    mach1man001

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    Yeah but like all the other tri-folds, in order to used the whole bed you either have to remove and store it or have it block your whole rear window. The roll ups just roll up and are out of the way

emelianenkov[QUOTED] likes this.
  9. Sep 27, 2019 at 1:08 PM
    emelianenkov

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    NORTH POLE
    Vehicle:
    Alex's Shitbox Emporium
    NE Special Rust Edition
    :laugh: Shit, you're right......

Does auto insurance cover damaged paint from 20lb propane bottle torches?
    That's true. It'll be a while, and a lot of Ramen, before I can afford to accessorize this truck. Maybe I'll get a few little things when I sell that 05 outback.

10. Sep 27, 2019 at 1:12 PM
    mach1man001

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Yeah and the lo-pro qt is not cheap for what it is

11. Sep 27, 2019 at 1:14 PM
    emelianenkov

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    NORTH POLE
    Vehicle:
    Alex's Shitbox Emporium
    NE Special Rust Edition
    Looks great though!

I might try to have them throw a tri-fold into the deal, or see what other offerings they have here.

The only accessory I was dead set on having/installing was a remote starter, and this has it. Everything else is nice, but not a necessity.

12. Sep 27, 2019 at 1:14 PM
    Pibbles99

Pibbles99 One more cast

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    21 OR dbl cab
    Copy that! Just now getting off my ass and ordering a passenger side headlight assembly because it is all hazed over and I’ve had enough of that. Fog lights. Does anybody recommend a fog light assembly that is decent? One of mine leak and I would like to change those out.

Thanks

13. Sep 27, 2019 at 1:25 PM
    mach1man001

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Stock or aftermarket fog lamps?

14. Sep 27, 2019 at 1:27 PM
    Noelie84

Noelie84 What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Wales, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '15 Ram 2500 Land Barge
    8.5 Fisher XV2, some switches, some lights.
    Everybody will recommend morimoto LED's, but unless you've got LED headlights to match they just look too mall-rated for me :notsure:

For something like a fog, an aftermarket like TYC will work fine. You can go OE if you want but they're more $$ for basically the same thing

15. Sep 27, 2019 at 1:51 PM
    emelianenkov

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    NORTH POLE
    Vehicle:
    Alex's Shitbox Emporium
    NE Special Rust Edition
    Have you tried one of the Mother's headlight restoration kits??

16. Sep 27, 2019 at 1:52 PM
    mach1man001

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    KC would be another LED fog lamp. The KC is a bit more "regular" looking than the Morimoto but offers the improved performance of the LED

Noelie84[QUOTED] likes this.
  17. Sep 27, 2019 at 2:19 PM
    Pibbles99

Pibbles99 One more cast

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    21 OR dbl cab
    I ordered a TYC headlight . Got good rating. So I think the TYC fog will suffice. I will add the Ciiton( spelling?) to the fogs. They are dual color , both amber and white. I really want an amber fog lighting for obvious reasons. Thoughts?

18. Sep 27, 2019 at 2:21 PM
    Pibbles99

Pibbles99 One more cast

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    21 OR dbl cab
    Negative. Are they worth it?

19. Sep 27, 2019 at 2:27 PM
    replica9000

replica9000 Das ist no bueno

Member:
    Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg
    Vehicle:
    2019 T4R ORP
    I have a set of foglights available.

20. Sep 27, 2019 at 2:45 PM
    super_white

super_white Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Harry
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma 4X4
    Got my wheels today. Hope to have them installed next week.

wheels.jpg

emelianenkov, Spare Parts and Bridge4 like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top