1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New England B.S. Thread

Discussion in 'North East' started by mach1man001, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Oct 10, 2019 at 7:48 AM
    MikeyMcFly

MikeyMcFly This is heavy, Doc.

Member:
    I'm a Masshole
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off-Road 6MT / 1999 Corvette 6MT
    Building a Broja
    Absolutely. The birth was an adventure (baby got stuck, needed oxygen) and then we got home and all was well until my wife started having breathing issues. She went to her PCP and saw the LPN which dismissed it as an upper respitoary infection. The next day she was worse, called back and a different nurse said get to the ER ASAP. Next thing she's hooked up to oxygen. She's fine now, but figuring out how to balance the 2 year old and the new baby and get everyone out in time in the AM is going to be an adventure.

Thanks! Yeah, I've had an Alpine PWE-S8 for a few years which is okay for bass fill. I just did the ever popular Kicker speakers in the front doors and I find myself thinking I could use some more highs and wishing I had more low. I figure I'll eventually do Kickers in the back doors and then the Subaru / Kicker PnP tweeters. I likely won't do a different sub, although I really, really want to. My STi had two amps, components and subs by the time I was done. My Vette came with a full audio system done, custom enclosure, etc. My buddy had a CarPlay HU left over I just swapped in and that still thumps like I'm 18, so it's hard not to want it in the truck.

I just really don't want to pull door wiring again. I did that with the STi, overgauged everything, etc. It was fantastic, but I think in the end all it did was damage my hearing.

2. Oct 10, 2019 at 7:51 AM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 [OP] eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    I have Monday "off" because it's my regular day off but I still get paid for it anyways. I put off in quotation marks because when I leave on Sunday to drive back I'm still in the truck until whatever time I arrive Monday morning.
    Glad she is OK.
    I'm going to go this route next time because to me all the newest phones get is like one new little gadgetry thing and a slightly better camera.

tacobell007 likes this.
  3. Oct 10, 2019 at 7:58 AM
    emelianenkov

emelianenkov Santa/Alex Emeliahoweveryouspellhislastname

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    NORTH POLE
    Vehicle:
    Fuck you, a Toyota is a Toyota
    URD Stage III clutch, URD short throw kit. Radflo 2.0 coilovers. Rear MetalTech progressive springs. Pioneer Audio all around. 600w sub amp
    Sounds like you have your hands full enough with the kids, never mind the cars lol.

I got a 10" android HU for my STi, and for some reason the front speakers aren't working... It's very frustrating, and I haven't had time to screw with it.
    image.jpg

The F-250 needs some bass. The seller claimed it had an upgraded stereo. My drive home proved that his claims were false. It is VERY stock
    FB29DA30-A77E-40C8-93EB-366223C5FCBE.jpg

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    jpereira2 likes this.
  4. Oct 10, 2019 at 8:14 AM
    MikeyMcFly

MikeyMcFly This is heavy, Doc.

Member:
    I'm a Masshole
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off-Road 6MT / 1999 Corvette 6MT
    Building a Broja
    Are you using the factory speaker wiring or pulling new wires? The only time I'd lose audio is when my wife accidentally pulled out my RCAs on my old AVIC since I pulled new wires from the amp to the speakers. I would assume you've either got an incorrect config in the HU itself or have a bad wire.

tacobell007 likes this.
  5. Oct 10, 2019 at 8:18 AM
    jpereira2

jpereira2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2013 double cab trd off road
    Bilstein 6112 4th notch Bilstein 5160 rear Camburg ball joint UCAs Old man emu dakar leafs 265/75R16 Cooper ST Maxx Crux stereo a/v interface UltraGauge ARE fiberglass cap Wet okole seat covers Retro fit source Led fog lights Superbrightled pods in rear bumper Superbrightled light bar in grill Rock blokz mud flaps SOS Rock Sliders RCI Skid Plates (to be painted and mounted)
    might just need an update. my android unit was randomly restarting, after an update it never did it again

6. Oct 10, 2019 at 8:49 AM
    guitarjamman

guitarjamman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Northeast
    Vehicle:
    2017 Ram 1500
    Little late here, but I wouldn't sweat it even if the maker was removed. Any surveyor that comes to the area will be able to calculate the original point, regardless if it is there or not.

If you see a fence being constructed, then I would be a little leery and get that property line surveyed - or better yet, ask the neighbor who he hired as a surveyor to build the fence. Otherwise it would probably be a waste of money to have a monument reset. As a side note, in Massachusetts it is illegal to remove property markers. Can come with a fine of up to $10K

7. Oct 10, 2019 at 8:54 AM
    CttAznRanger

CttAznRanger Crazy NE Asian

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Reminds me of what our neighbors did by one of our rental properties. They did a land survey and it showed that the outer edge of our wall was the property line and it was staked out. They then removed the stakes and made a retaining wall butting up right against our wall and continued further down. We got another surveyor to come down and check it out, and they built their retaining wall/driveway/fence a good 2 feet into our property, so they put a property marker on their asphalt.

8. Oct 10, 2019 at 9:08 AM
    guitarjamman

guitarjamman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Northeast
    Vehicle:
    2017 Ram 1500
    I cant even begin to count the number of times I have been hired to resolve a discrepancy where someone thought a wall or a fence was the property line and did something stupid like build a shed pulling a steel tape from the line. I get that people do not want to spend money when they aren't required to, but when a mess up happens my fee is pennies in the bucket compared to the cost to fix their mistake.

Bridge4 and CttAznRanger like this.
  9. Oct 10, 2019 at 9:09 AM
    emelianenkov

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    NORTH POLE
    Vehicle:
    URD Stage III clutch, URD short throw kit. Radflo 2.0 coilovers. Rear MetalTech progressive springs. Pioneer Audio all around. 600w sub amp
    Factory wiring was used. I might try to solder the connection, however I had pulled the unit out, disconnected and reconnected, and the front speakers worked. I did a key cycle, and they didn't work again.. I'll have to do some digging. I just have too much crap going on to worry about it haha.

It should be updated. I have it set to connect to the wifi at home and perform updates automatically. The difference with this unit is it is essentially an android tablet with audio outputs. So its a little different than a run-o-the mill android HU

tacobell007 likes this.
  10. Oct 10, 2019 at 10:16 AM
    jpereira2

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    Bilstein 6112 4th notch Bilstein 5160 rear Camburg ball joint UCAs Old man emu dakar leafs 265/75R16 Cooper ST Maxx Crux stereo a/v interface UltraGauge ARE fiberglass cap Wet okole seat covers Retro fit source Led fog lights Superbrightled pods in rear bumper Superbrightled light bar in grill Rock blokz mud flaps SOS Rock Sliders RCI Skid Plates (to be painted and mounted)
    I'm running a dasaita unit from ebay. i have auto update on as well but have to download the zip file manually onto a flash drive and plug it in in order to update it. regardless of connection to wifi

11. Oct 10, 2019 at 10:20 AM
    emelianenkov

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    NORTH POLE
    Vehicle:
    I'll have to try that out!

jpereira2 likes this.
  12. Oct 10, 2019 at 10:21 AM
    jpereira2

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
  13. Oct 10, 2019 at 10:34 AM
    emelianenkov

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    NORTH POLE
    Vehicle:
    Where do you get the updates?

Edit: must refresh before posting follow-up questions

jpereira2 likes this.
  14. Oct 10, 2019 at 10:37 AM
    m603holden

m603holden @Koditten Pirate Radio member #063

Member:
    First Name:
    Marteeen
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma DCSB OR MT
    Lots of sail boat fuel
    If anyone is looking for some good camping, the south green mountain forest was a ghost town this past weekend.

15. Oct 10, 2019 at 2:26 PM
    Bridge4

Bridge4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Battery corrosion is crazy, charging system alert and truck wouldn't start without a jump. Will have to call service department tomorrow, also have a driverside visor that fell out somehow.

Installed some new fancy mirrors with better angles and a flashing signal. The "Sumo" ones that just came out. Should be real nice for towing views, or when I have my bed full with crap and can't see out the back. Maybe I won't crash anymore backing up too :fingerscrossed::rofl:

emelianenkov likes this.
  16. Oct 10, 2019 at 4:07 PM
    Pibbles99

Pibbles99 One more cast

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport 4x4 AC silver
    Excellent advice. Thanks. :thumbsup: Any idea on removal in NH. My neighbor (s) are excellent and I’m wondering if it is an overreaction on my end.:notsure:.

17. Oct 10, 2019 at 4:15 PM
    Dirtridercrf250

Dirtridercrf250 WHT_SHRK_TRD

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR 6MT, OME 2", JBA, DAKARS, 285s, OVT, ARB SUMMIT
    Where did you stay? I've been scouting some spots in VT.

18. Oct 10, 2019 at 4:21 PM
    vssman

vssman Rocket Engineer

Member:
    Naugatuck, CT
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 double cab
  19. Oct 10, 2019 at 4:39 PM
    m603holden

m603holden @Koditten Pirate Radio member #063

Member:
    First Name:
    Marteeen
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma DCSB OR MT
    Lots of sail boat fuel
    Forest Rd 71. Let me know if you need some spots. It's a good location if you want to push on to the Dorset caves after

Dirtridercrf250 likes this.
  20. Oct 10, 2019 at 4:48 PM
    Pibbles99

Pibbles99 One more cast

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport 4x4 AC silver
    Very interesting. This Saturday, when I mow my lawn I will get a very good look. There is a spot that looks like the square monument was removed. I have mowed over that spot for years and all of a sudden I noticed that it’s gone. I will also call the assessors office and ask them some questions .

Products Discussed in

To Top