1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New England B.S. Thread

Discussion in 'North East' started by mach1man001, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Feb 2, 2020 at 9:22 AM
    MikeyMcFly

MikeyMcFly This is heavy, Doc.

Member:
    I'm a Masshole
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off-Road 6MT / 1999 Corvette 6MT
    Building a Broja
    I'm 24W x 26D. The extra depth is nice because I've got a large snowblower and no storage shed. At one point I had a lawn tractor in there and could still fit a CX-5, but I don't know if I could fit my truck in there if I still had one. The wild thing is that when I moved in to the house there wasn't an entry door between the house and garage even though it was attached. I've got two dedicated doors rather than a single, although I think the single would be nice in terms of working on vehicles.

For the next house, I'd like a three car as well, although if they're not done right, they're a bit ostentatious. I'd either have it set up so that the door openings don't face the road and you see the side of the garage from the street, or have a two car opening in front with a side door / extra stall in back so I could put a third car in for winter.

What is kinda nice (and selfish for me at least) right now is that Amy doesn't necessarily want the garage space. Her Jeep has a remote start so she doesn't care about the garage stall. Since I don't have a remote start, it's nice to not wait in a freezing cold truck for windows to defrost.

2. Feb 2, 2020 at 10:23 AM
    js312

js312 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New England
    Vehicle:
    23 F150 PowerBoost Lariat 502a
    Husky Weatherbeaters, OEM Mud Guards, Wheel Well Liners, Bullet Spray-In Bed Liner, Gator Soft Tri-Fold Cover, Hankook DynaPro AT2 (Summer), Blizzak DM-V2 (Winter)
    I used to park the truck inside and put the ATV, lawn tractor, snow blower, etc in the other bay. I have a 17x17 canopy out back and I keep those things under it now so Meg can have the garage space. She parks inside every day, I only do if there is a storm. Easier to clear the driveway when it is empty and that way I don't have to clear the truck off. I have remote start and she doesn't.

Her CX5 has garage door buttons in the mirror though. My nearly $50k MSRP F-150 doesn't so I need to clip the Craftsman opener on. It's so weird what things manufacturers will skimp on. My friend has a similarly equipped Silverado and it doesn't have an auto dimming mirror.

3. Feb 2, 2020 at 12:06 PM
    MikeyMcFly

Member:
    I'm a Masshole
    Vehicle:
    Building a Broja
    That's the one thing that drives me nuts...how best to shovel/snowblow with vehicle placement. Something always has to live outside.

Your CX-5 is the Grand Touring, right? I had the Touring with the Sunroof / Bose but without the Tech package, which I regretted since the stock headlamps were AWFUL. I added the Homelink mirror.

I added Homelink into my 2013 using a GM sunvisor module cut into the headliner, but my 2016 has the opener clipped on. I'm thinking I'll eventually buy a used Homelink mirror and be done with it. The Jeep has Homelink built in.

tacobell007 likes this.
  4. Feb 2, 2020 at 12:43 PM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    Mine is 1200 or so. Upstairs is 2 small rooms, but technically just one room..no separate entrance to the second room

5. Feb 2, 2020 at 12:48 PM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    One car one door for me, but the clearance is too tight to fit Linda's Rav4 in..I think it just might fit my truck which is sad. Just gets used for my bikes and the in-season power stuff, the out of season is in the shed.

Bridge4 likes this.
  6. Feb 2, 2020 at 1:27 PM
    Blackbeard83

Blackbeard83 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Sport 4x4 ACLB MBM MT
    currently stock
    I told the wife if we ever move somewhere else that I want a big barn style garage for my vehicles and future toys with a regular 2 car garage attached to the house. Currently we have no garage but we do love our house and the town Wrentham.

7. Feb 2, 2020 at 2:02 PM
    js312

js312 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New England
    Vehicle:
    Husky Weatherbeaters, OEM Mud Guards, Wheel Well Liners, Bullet Spray-In Bed Liner, Gator Soft Tri-Fold Cover, Hankook DynaPro AT2 (Summer), Blizzak DM-V2 (Winter)
    The CX5 is a touring model with Bose/Sunroof and tech. I don't think the Kicker system in my F150 is great, but compared to the Bose in the Mazda it's much better. If it didn't have the Bose tags on the doors I would have thought it was the base system.

I could buy a Lariat sun visor and get the buttons, but the price of them went way up recently so I decided not to. I think Ford caught on to what people were doing.

8. Feb 2, 2020 at 2:12 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Where do you get your Ford parts from? Tasca online has parts for 10% over list, they’re much cheaper than anything around. When I bought my Lariat steering wheel, I did get Franklin Ford to price match Tasca so I saved the shipping cost.

9. Feb 2, 2020 at 3:16 PM
    js312

js312 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New England
    Vehicle:
    Usually Tasca. Sometimes another online dealer will be a little lower. They were more reasonably priced when I first bought the truck, but last I looked they went way up.

10. Feb 2, 2020 at 3:36 PM
    MikeyMcFly

Member:
    I'm a Masshole
    Vehicle:
    Building a Broja
    I didn't think the Bose was mindblowing, but turning off the stupid 3D surround thing helped immensely. I had done a bunch of small tweaks to that car (WeatherTechs, OEM trunk liner, Homelink, OEM aluminum sills, a stainless trunk garnish and a fog surround DRL kit). I really enjoyed it. I paid I think $27,500 for it and after I got sent into the telephone pole my insurance payout was something like $32,000 as I got MSRP plus sales take.

The only thing I didn't like about that car was the remote start. The OEM setup had that stupid huge remote, extremely limited range and it shut off when you opened the door. I'd buy another in a heartbeat, even if they don't hold their value well.

11. Feb 2, 2020 at 4:21 PM
    js312

js312 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New England
    Vehicle:
    The centerpoint option? I turned that off and it helped some. Seems like the system lacks good lows and highs, everything is mid-range. It isn't bad, but definitely isn't anything great even by OEM standards.

She doesn't have the remote start in hers but does have the keyless start. The car is kind of oddly optioned. Rain sensing wipers but no heated seats, for example.

12. Feb 2, 2020 at 6:04 PM
    MikeyMcFly

Member:
    I'm a Masshole
    Vehicle:
    Building a Broja
    The 2016.5 got the heated seats in the Touring as well as the nav SD card standard. The rain sensing wipers must have been part of the Tech package because we didn’t have those.

13. Feb 3, 2020 at 4:35 AM
    jethro

jethro Master Baiter

Member:
    First Name:
    Geoff
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    2020 Ford F-150 Lariat 5.0L V8
    Wow, big toothy!

14. Feb 3, 2020 at 4:25 PM
    JeffB

JeffB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    N.E. CT
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport
  15. Feb 3, 2020 at 9:04 PM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 [OP] eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    JeffB[QUOTED] and Blackbeard83 like this.
  16. Feb 4, 2020 at 2:55 AM
    Bridge4

Bridge4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2003 DCSB Imperial Jade
    I appreciate this in general. The only thing that sucks though is magic mountain doesn't make snow, it only has natural snow (at least I think thats the case). So with not much snow this winter, theres a good chance that guy really fucked up the park area and they won't be able to just blow some snow on top to fix it.

JeffB[QUOTED] and tacobell007 like this.
  17. Feb 4, 2020 at 4:18 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    That sucks. It'd be a tough year for a mountain without extensive snow making. Maybe they can just throw a pipe in the ruts and make an obstacle out of it :notsure:

Bridge4[QUOTED] likes this.
  18. Feb 4, 2020 at 4:21 AM
    Bridge4

Bridge4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2003 DCSB Imperial Jade
    Hopefully they can pull from somewhere, or it was ice like that late at night and didn't cause too much an issue. Looks like some snow this week/weekend too, so that should help as well.

19. Feb 4, 2020 at 4:24 AM
    Noelie84

Noelie84 What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Wales, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '15 Ram 2500 Land Barge
    8.5 Fisher XV2, some switches, some lights.
    They'll be able to groom it out; They'll knock off the high spots, stack up some snow from other parts of the trail, make a couple of passes in a Pisten Bully w/a tiller & blend it in, corduroy it, and you won't even be able to tell. Might take them 20 minutes. I used to volunteer at the ski slope down the road from where I grew up, and it's amazing what those big cats can do, and how fast they can do it. Titcomb is a smaller mountain, but even after a storm an experienced operator could groom the entire place in 2-3 hours with one machine.

Edit- as a disclaimer, they did make snow (what I helped with), but the manmade stuff is actually harder to groom than the real thing.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
    Bridge4[QUOTED], tacobell007 and _kb_ like this.
  20. Feb 4, 2020 at 5:43 AM
    jethro

jethro Master Baiter

Member:
    First Name:
    Geoff
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    2020 Ford F-150 Lariat 5.0L V8
    You should see what groomers can do to the snowmobile trails when jackholes drive down them. A good groomer operator can perform miracles.

And for entertainment purposes, here is a groomer operator extracting a car with no fucks given:

Products Discussed in

To Top