1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New England B.S. Thread

Discussion in 'North East' started by mach1man001, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Apr 13, 2020 at 11:27 AM
    jethro

jethro Master Baiter

Member:
    First Name:
    Geoff
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    2020 Ford F-150 Lariat 5.0L V8
    It's a 36v Minn Kota Ulterra with I-Pilot Link. It's the one with auto deploy and trim. 112 lbs of thrust. It's awesome!

[​IMG]

2. Apr 13, 2020 at 11:35 AM
    Clark27

Clark27 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Springfield, MA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Lexus GX460
  3. Apr 13, 2020 at 11:40 AM
    crashngiggles

crashngiggles Tacomaworld's Resident Psych Dr.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Wilbraham, Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM TRD 4x4 DCLB Trail Limo
    I have run both Minn Kota and Motorguide. I love the electronic aspect of the Minn Kota but I have had numerous faulty switches leading to foot pedal replacements. The motorguides that I had used have the cable system. it takes a little getting used to but More reliable IMO. Then again, I haven't spent more than $700 on a trolling motor. I am saving for the new garmin. That Ultrerra looks sick though. I believe it is salt water rated as well correct?

4. Apr 13, 2020 at 4:22 PM
    jpereira2

jpereira2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2013 double cab trd off road
    Bilstein 6112 4th notch Bilstein 5160 rear Camburg ball joint UCAs Old man emu dakar leafs 265/75R16 Cooper ST Maxx Crux stereo a/v interface UltraGauge ARE fiberglass cap Wet okole seat covers Retro fit source Led fog lights Superbrightled pods in rear bumper Superbrightled light bar in grill Rock blokz mud flaps SOS Rock Sliders RCI Skid Plates (to be painted and mounted)
  5. Apr 13, 2020 at 4:37 PM
    dc welding

dc welding Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Swansea Mass
    Vehicle:
    15 DCSB TRD Sport BRM / 2002 AC SR5
    jpereira2[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Apr 13, 2020 at 4:44 PM
    jethro

jethro Master Baiter

Member:
    First Name:
    Geoff
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, I struggled hard about not being able to buy a Garmin but they only make a deck mount geared towards the bass boats. I cant use a rope retrieve on my deep V salmon trolling boat. I will be buying Garmin for my sonar eventually, need to have Panoptix, but they just aren't there yet for coldwater and saltwater boats on the trolling motors yet. My simple Powerdrive units have been good over the years but I don't need a footpedal for what I am doing. I need autopilot and cruise control. And being able to deploy without leaving my cockpit is real nice. We shall see how it holds up, I'm a little worried myself with as much as this thing has going on.

7. Apr 13, 2020 at 4:48 PM
    jpereira2

jpereira2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2013 double cab trd off road
    Bilstein 6112 4th notch Bilstein 5160 rear Camburg ball joint UCAs Old man emu dakar leafs 265/75R16 Cooper ST Maxx Crux stereo a/v interface UltraGauge ARE fiberglass cap Wet okole seat covers Retro fit source Led fog lights Superbrightled pods in rear bumper Superbrightled light bar in grill Rock blokz mud flaps SOS Rock Sliders RCI Skid Plates (to be painted and mounted)
    Lol, going to be doing stick

dc welding[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Apr 13, 2020 at 8:42 PM
    dc welding

dc welding Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Swansea Mass
    Vehicle:
    15 DCSB TRD Sport BRM / 2002 AC SR5
    This is also good :thumbsup:

jpereira2[QUOTED] likes this.
  9. Apr 14, 2020 at 3:36 AM
    Bridge4

Bridge4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2003 DCSB Imperial Jade
    36 tons of gravel being dropped off this morning, can finally finish our driveway area. We have a really good natural gravel foundation that has held up for the last year without rutting or really even showing any sign that we drive on it everyday at all. I want more stone for 2 reasons. 1-asthetics and 2- to slow down the run off from the water, we have a big parking area in front of the house where the water just runs down into our driveway, not a big deal but want to slow it and guide it a little.

Didn't order crushed because it will pack too much I think and not drain like I want...at least theoretically. So we are getting some 1/2 inch river rock and I am going to spread it. I also wanted something we could walk and run around on barefoot. That was honestly one of the biggest factors of a smaller, rounded stone.

I have two concerns with this, but am moving ahead anyways.

1) rounded rock doesn't hold in place as well as crushed angular stuff
    2) not as pretty as some nice consistent shoulder pack color

We will see how it goes!

10. Apr 14, 2020 at 4:18 AM
    Noelie84

Noelie84 What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Wales, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '15 Ram 2500 Land Barge
    8.5 Fisher XV2, some switches, some lights.
    Morning all. Tuesday...
    Not holding shouldn't be much of an issue (other than plowing, and a plow will hook crushed just as easy) unless you're on a pretty good slope that the water can wash it down. Some of the smaller stuff (1/3" or less) might wash out, but if things are fairly level it'll only wash as far as the grass at the edge of the drive. :notsure:

It is less visually appealing than crushed, though, for uniformity reasons. And once crushed gets packed in it's not really any harder on the feet than the round stuff. Either one should work fine for what you've got, from what I've seen for pictures. You'll just have to do some raking in the spring to get it back off of your lawn (or wherever you leave your snow piles), which you'd have to do regardless of what type of gravel/stone you use. Even that asphalt reclaim does it.

11. Apr 14, 2020 at 4:39 AM
    Bridge4

Bridge4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2003 DCSB Imperial Jade
    I snowblow the driveway now, and had good luck next door without lifting much gravel at all, so hopefully I don't have a ton of clean up in the spring, but I do have a power broom that makes things much easier. Good to hear it shouldn't move around too much, we are getting 1/2 inch but from the photo he sent I'm sure there is a range in the size that actually is in the mix.

The crush pack would have been fine, but we have a few spots on the top of the driveway that are set to let water run past and into the side yard/woods. These are basically speed bumps now, and the stone will fill it in but let water keep going through it, while the pack would just bring us back to the original issue. So that was something brought into consideration as well. I agree it isn't going to look as good though, I am hoping for a darker mix :fingerscrossed:

12. Apr 14, 2020 at 4:59 AM
    Noelie84

Noelie84 What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Wales, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '15 Ram 2500 Land Barge
    8.5 Fisher XV2, some switches, some lights.
    Should be fine, then. Eventually you'll have to dig your channels out, wash the stone or replace it, and reset everything, because they'll silt in. How long really will depend on the soil in your area, how much rain we get, etc.

Maintenance...

Bridge4[QUOTED] likes this.
  13. Apr 14, 2020 at 5:53 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Are you using any sort of barrier between the round rock and whatever it's going on? If it's a hard back base, you'll be fine, if it's going on dirt, the dirt will work it's way up and fill the voids between the round rock and, in a few years, you end up with a mess.
    I know it's too late now, but something to consider for the future is possibly using stone dust. It's small so it's comfortable to walk on barefoot and still packs in nice and tight.

Bridge4[QUOTED] likes this.
  14. Apr 14, 2020 at 9:53 AM
    Pugga

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I did my part to help the US economy today... I ordered the Gibson exhaust kit for the truck. They're marked pretty far down and free shipping. Ordering direct through Gibson was the cheapest option. Hopefully it gets here while I'm still working from home so I'll have some time to install it.

15. Apr 14, 2020 at 9:59 AM
    GarlicFarts

GarlicFarts Bang Ding Ow

Member:
    Lil Rhody
    Vehicle:
    2020 White DCSB TRD OR
    SOS bolt-on sliders In-cab sleeping platform J-Dub IFS Skid
    In a few days I'll be ordering some SOS sliders I believe. :rofl:

16. Apr 14, 2020 at 10:01 AM
    morri89

morri89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brendan
    Hopedale MA
    Vehicle:
    2020 Rubicon
    I'll be doing my part soon. Placing an order with Rogue to upgrade the garage gym. Just waiting on them to get stuff back in stock.

17. Apr 14, 2020 at 11:54 AM
    jethro

jethro Master Baiter

Member:
    First Name:
    Geoff
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    Nice! I'm doing too much shopping myself being at home... nothing else to do but shop online and I bet my Amazon driver and mailman are like wtf is up with this guy... delivery every day or what?

18. Apr 14, 2020 at 12:23 PM
    Pugga

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I've got the same thing going on. Not uncommon these days for the Amazon guy to be by our house 2-3 times a day. If they could get their act together and make a single trip, I bet they'd be much more profitable.

We're also doing things like Peapod, Insta-cart and Grub-Hub so we have those people coming by also.

Bridge4, Blackbeard83 and morri89 like this.
  19. Apr 14, 2020 at 12:32 PM
    GarlicFarts

GarlicFarts Bang Ding Ow

Member:
    Lil Rhody
    Vehicle:
    2020 White DCSB TRD OR
    SOS bolt-on sliders In-cab sleeping platform J-Dub IFS Skid
    I've been keeping my non-stupid Amazon purchases to a minimum. I actually ended up with two bags of dog food, we went out a few days before the end of March when there was talks of them stopping deliveries, planned for april 4th on recurring orders. So, now we have 2x 40lb dog food in the garage and drove to Bristol to buy it :D :D But otherwise like center console organizers for the tacoma....that can wait :notsure:

Bridge4 likes this.
  20. Apr 14, 2020 at 12:32 PM
    morri89

morri89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brendan
    Hopedale MA
    Vehicle:
    2020 Rubicon
    We've been doing insta cart as well. It's worked pretty well. Sprinkling in some Whole Foods deliveries as well. BJ's online ordering has been very good too.

Products Discussed in

To Top