1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New England B.S. Thread

Discussion in 'North East' started by mach1man001, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Jun 5, 2020 at 12:19 PM
    jjsul

jjsul Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    95.5 OME
    Hey all, can you folks enlighten me with some 2nd gen knowledge?

My father has a 2009 DCSB automatic and the driveshaft yolk blew up. I might source him just the yolk, but I’m not sure if the driveshaft got tweaked during the break.

my question: do DCSB and ACLB automatics Share the same driveshaft? Just wanna know what my options are

cheers!

2. Jun 5, 2020 at 1:24 PM
    tacobell007

tacobell007 Western Mass Automotive Coatings

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Western MA
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab Lifted
    Eibach springs, OME Dakars, Walker Evans remote resi coilovers with adjustable dampening, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Icon ext travel rear shocks, Kenwood in-dash nav receiver, Kicker 10 inch sub in a ported truck box, Alpine 250 watt amp, stickers, Rigid 32" gang box, LED tool box lights, 35% tint, Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, 35x12.5x17 Mastercraft Courser MXT's, Fuel Off-Road Trophy d551 in 17x8.5, Retros, white corner marker bulbs, color matched front grille, custom satoshi grille mod with matching Toyota badge, aFe Pro5R drop in filter, diff breather mod, new frame from recall, SOS concepts front plate, SOS concepts rear high clearance plate with swing out and full size spare, SOS bolt-on sliders with kickout, 22" LED bar, flush mount pods in rear plate bumper for aux reverse lights, Rigid Industries dually's on SOS ditch light brackets, 5.29 Nitro gears, ARB front air locker, Detroit locker in the rear
    OE, or all NGK, or all Denso

Pugga and GarlicFarts like this.
  3. Jun 5, 2020 at 3:23 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I'm like 99% certain they do (4wd of course).

Which side broke, the short prop shaft or the longer drive shaft? Keep in mind, if you buy a replacement drive shaft, depending if you go new or used, it would come with new u-joints and a carrier bearing. If the yolk blew up, even if the shaft itself is fine, you're probably due to replace the other 2 u-joints and likely the carrier bearing as well (if they haven't been done before). The Spicer u-joints are $50/ea and the OEM carrier is $150. There are cheaper options from Moog and Dorman, but they come with headaches that don't make the savings worth it (in my opinion). When pricing out your options, you may want to consider other parts that may need to be replaced in the process.

jjsul[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Jun 5, 2020 at 3:23 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Haha, I forgot about that stupid little fun fact about the 4.0. Are they still doing that with the 3.5?

5. Jun 5, 2020 at 4:09 PM
    jjsul

jjsul Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    95.5 OME
    it’s the rear driveshaft. The yolk at the rear diff gave out when my brother pulled out of the driveway.

6. Jun 5, 2020 at 4:39 PM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    Reminds me my 4 banger is about due for plugs..first time, fun fun

GarlicFarts likes this.
  7. Jun 5, 2020 at 7:18 PM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 [OP] eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!

8. Jun 5, 2020 at 7:33 PM
    mach1man001

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    Well I didn't go that far but I did get an Optoma HD27HDR. 1080p and over 3000 lumens I should be good for some fun movie nights outside!

9. Jun 6, 2020 at 12:27 AM
    mach1man001

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    I towed a little something yesterday.

10. Jun 6, 2020 at 6:16 AM
    Bridge4

Bridge4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2003 DCSB Imperial Jade
    Well, porcupine on our trail right on one of my bridges this morning for our walk. Mouth full of quills on 1/5 dogs isn't too bad, but certainly wasn't the excitement I was looking for at 6:30.

Quills are out of the dog, luckily the wife is good about that, but bringing him to the vet for 10am to double check the throat area.

Porcupine has been seen in this same sport before, but dogs hadn't seen him before I could take them the other way. We are done with the game since you can't scare a porcupine like a fox or bear. It is in the dumpster, and that's where anymore I see will be headed.

CementedTaco and Pugga like this.
  11. Jun 6, 2020 at 6:17 AM
    Bridge4

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2003 DCSB Imperial Jade
    Renting or new pick up?? how much does the total thing weigh, surprised the taco is taking it so well!

12. Jun 6, 2020 at 6:24 AM
    GarlicFarts

GarlicFarts Bang Ding Ow

Member:
    Lil Rhody
    Vehicle:
    2020 White DCSB TRD OR
    SOS bolt-on sliders In-cab sleeping platform J-Dub IFS Skid
    I grew up with a husky. Her first porcupine won. Her second did not even come close. She likes to run in the woods behind our house and one time she came home with a few quills in her side but carrying it by its (broken) neck. Never told my parents about that one. I assume different animals but for all I know she went for vengeance.

lessons learned growing up....huskies are a handful. Kill count was probably in the triple digits.

Bridge4[QUOTED] and m603holden like this.
  13. Jun 6, 2020 at 6:37 AM
    m603holden

m603holden @Koditten Pirate Radio member #063

Member:
    First Name:
    Marteeen
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma DCSB OR MT
    Lots of sail boat fuel
    The only thing lethal about my dog is his farts

image000000_04.jpg IMG_20200529_201621.jpg

14. Jun 6, 2020 at 6:39 AM
    mach1man001

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    The trailer is 2300 by itself with a tounge weight around 900lbs and the tractor (without the loader) is about 1550lbs. I can't find where the weight of the loader is so I'd guess a bit over 500 pounds or so. It did very good pulling it.

15. Jun 6, 2020 at 7:08 AM
    tacobell007

tacobell007 Western Mass Automotive Coatings

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Western MA
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab Lifted
    Eibach springs, OME Dakars, Walker Evans remote resi coilovers with adjustable dampening, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Icon ext travel rear shocks, Kenwood in-dash nav receiver, Kicker 10 inch sub in a ported truck box, Alpine 250 watt amp, stickers, Rigid 32" gang box, LED tool box lights, 35% tint, Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, 35x12.5x17 Mastercraft Courser MXT's, Fuel Off-Road Trophy d551 in 17x8.5, Retros, white corner marker bulbs, color matched front grille, custom satoshi grille mod with matching Toyota badge, aFe Pro5R drop in filter, diff breather mod, new frame from recall, SOS concepts front plate, SOS concepts rear high clearance plate with swing out and full size spare, SOS bolt-on sliders with kickout, 22" LED bar, flush mount pods in rear plate bumper for aux reverse lights, Rigid Industries dually's on SOS ditch light brackets, 5.29 Nitro gears, ARB front air locker, Detroit locker in the rear
    From what I understand they are still are, or at least did on earlier 3rd gens if they stopped doing it

Pugga[QUOTED] likes this.
  16. Jun 6, 2020 at 7:54 AM
    jmferg

jmferg Well-Known Member

Member:
    man I miss That too. being picked up at 5am by a “family friend” who was well into his 70s with bad back. Drive an hour to carry and load 150 bales by myself. Drive back to his place and unload it all myself, Carry and stack it in his barn.
    3pm rolls around my parents pick me, he gives me a $20 and says he won’t deduct the gas station lunch he bought me. ahh the days of being 13 and loaned out by my parents

Spare Parts and Bridge4 like this.
  17. Jun 6, 2020 at 8:12 AM
    Bridge4

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2003 DCSB Imperial Jade
    I had a malamute and a samoyed growing up, the samoyed got quilled bad one time, not sure if he came out on top. My dogs now are 30-40lbs and not killing anything other than field mice. I shot it out of the tree then one in the head to finish it off. I've been reading and it seems Fischer cats and cougars are pro hunters of them...Fischer cats are dangerous tho so I might rather have porcupines!

Ha, 3 of my dogs are like that, 1 hunts mice only and the last one...well he's a bit of a wild card honestly. The wild card is who got the quills today:rolleyes:

This is too spot on. We had an old lady neighbor who would work you all day long and then give you a quart of UNFINISHED maple syrup you were supposed to some how cook off on your own :confused::rofl:

Oh well, they needed the help I'm sure more than we needed the money at that age

jmferg[QUOTED] likes this.
  18. Jun 6, 2020 at 8:35 AM
    MikeyMcFly

MikeyMcFly This is heavy, Doc.

Member:
    I'm a Masshole
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off-Road 6MT / 1999 Corvette 6MT
    Building a Broja
    Hi, I'm Mike and I'm a wheelaholic.

[​IMG]IMG_2556 by Mike M, on Flickr

It's been 2 hours since my last set.

Got these for free. There's 3 decent front wheels, one really rough one and two marginal rear wheels. Since they're free I'm thinking I'll strip the clear and clean em up the best I can and flip them for a profit. Of course, then there's small voice saying that you could always keep these and use them in the future, but I think Amy will kill me if I put another set of wheels in the crawl space.

19. Jun 6, 2020 at 8:43 AM
    replica9000

replica9000 Das ist no bueno

Member:
    Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg
    Vehicle:
    2019 T4R ORP
    I get it lol. At one point my basement was starting to look like a tire warehouse.

Blackbeard83 and Pugga like this.
  20. Jun 6, 2020 at 8:47 AM
    MikeyMcFly

MikeyMcFly This is heavy, Doc.

Member:
    I'm a Masshole
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off-Road 6MT / 1999 Corvette 6MT
    Building a Broja
    I've now got two spare sets for the Vette and three for the Tacoma. The Vette wheels are tempting to keep since they're factory forged wheels. They're not particularly rare or special, but if I ever broke a BBS they'd give me something to roll on in the meantime. I've got the "correct" wheels for the car as well, so who knows. I'll see how they come out. If nothing else I've got two extra front wheels I can sell. There's a vendor blowing them out online for $100 a wheel, but I figure I can list em locally for $200 for the pair and take a $120-150 offer and still come out well ahead, even after the cost of paint stripper. Then I can decide what to do with the second set.

Hell, if I get good and figure out the market, I could always do a few sets here and there for some spare cash.

Products Discussed in

To Top