1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New England B.S. Thread

Discussion in 'North East' started by mach1man001, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Oct 22, 2020 at 7:16 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Ah, I could have been mistaken, I thought the Tremor finally got a front locker.

2. Oct 22, 2020 at 7:17 AM
    crashngiggles

crashngiggles Tacomaworld's Resident Psych Dr.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Wilbraham, Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM TRD 4x4 DCLB Trail Limo
    I
    I'm down for a clean up job........if you are willing to come out to Wilbraham..... we can do the bumper, sliders, and parts of the frame all in one shot. Afterwards, you can set up a time with @jpereira2 to have everything sprayed....

3. Oct 22, 2020 at 7:28 AM
    GarlicFarts

GarlicFarts Bang Ding Ow

Member:
    Lil Rhody
    Vehicle:
    2020 White DCSB TRD OR
    SOS bolt-on sliders In-cab sleeping platform J-Dub IFS Skid
    ....I'm an idiot.

But yeah like you said, they softened the springs. I can definitely still see them being used for logging/whatnot, or at least a solid starting point if all you need is new springs to get a good woods work truck.

....I grew up in Maine. :p

4. Oct 22, 2020 at 7:39 AM
    Noelie84

Noelie84 What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Wales, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '15 Ram 2500 Land Barge
    8.5 Fisher XV2, some switches, some lights.
    But the problem is that the PW's have a softer spring rate AND taller springs, if I remember right. So different shocks, too, probably. And then even if you change them out, you're still only technically rated for what the PW #'s are, so you're still only legal with the lower payloads and towing ratings. It'd be nice if you could option a standard 1 ton truck with the PW axles and winch. I'm sure they'd sell a bunch of them, but it'd still be a niche market.

On the other hand, the standard PW design is something of a niche market as well, so who knows.

5. Oct 22, 2020 at 7:53 AM
    emelianenkov

emelianenkov Santa/Alex Emeliahoweveryouspellhislastname

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    NORTH POLE
    Vehicle:
    Alex's Shitbox Emporium
    NE Special Rust Edition
    Its a win win no matter which way you look at it! I just need to get the finances in order. I finally started saving money (GASP - I know!!!!!)

Yeah just because I'm making progress on the bed doesn't mean I don't get mad and start kicking and screaming :angrygirl: I have learned with more recent projects, I can either get angry, break bolts or what ever from pushing forward instead of thinking, and throw tools from frustration (very rare)... or I can step away for a few minutes, take some breaths, and logic my way around a tricky situation. Is that what getting older and wiser is? Cause I kinda dig it :cool:

The TRX is a response to the Raptor, yes- However the TRX has the HelloKitty motor in it, churning out like 702 clubbed to death baby seals, and making that sweet sweet supercharged V8 ear-love we all enjoy :drool:

The EcoBewst is kinda meh.. I drove a friend's tuned Raptor last week, and it was quite impressive, but it wasn't violent. I'd want to have unreasonable amounts of power, with heavenly engine sounds.. The twin turbo 3.5L V6 just doesn't do it for me.

All I'm saying is: They should take the 7.3L gas motor, slap an enormous whipple supercharger on it, and let the third gen Raptor decimate the competition :notsure: Is that too much to ask?

Bridge4, jpereira2 and zjcas like this.
  6. Oct 22, 2020 at 7:54 AM
    zjcas

zjcas Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Hooksett
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD Sport
    Fox 2.0 COs, Fox 2.0 Resi's, Wheeler's Prog. AAL.
    With it still being warm right now, be prepared for black droplets in your driveway over the next week or so. My frame continued to run a little for a few weeks afterward. I've never done fluid film before so I can't compare but even though you pay a little more I'll always recommend NH Oil to anyone who can find a place that'll do it. Pretty sure I saw a shop out in CO that used it when I was there for my honeymoon last June.

Bridge4[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Oct 22, 2020 at 8:09 AM
    TacoBella

TacoBella Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma (SOLD) leased RTL-E Ridgeline
    AVS Bug Deflector. TruXedo Lo Pro
    Since I have owned all three brands including 4 Tacomas, three Rangers including the 2019, and now the Ridgeline. Not many people have owned all three.

I have that exact truck RTL-E. Know that it is not a rock climber but the RWD handles most typical situations like boat launching and pulling a 5000LB trailer. IF he likes tech, the RL is loaded (RTL-E) with most if not all the modern tech. It does have four modes of AWD, normal,sand,small rock and mud.

VS the RAnger the ride is much better due to all-wheel independent suspension and an SUV ride. No bouncing like is common on Body on frame which is great if you are going to articulate steep rock climbing, Otherwise, it can do most anything a convention frame on body truck. I am more impressed with the RL every day.

Since I leased (making sure its as good as it is in the press). 2023 is going to be banner year for redesigned trucks. Lots of choices.

Sport mode is a blast. MPGs are very good. The only accessories I installed were the polished wheels and Tonneau Cover. ITs not a "hobby" truck like Tacoma and Ranger. It is what it is. A Pilot with a sweet lined bed.

I would offer that most TAcomas never see dirt. IT is what it is. People buy TAcomas because people buy Tacomas. MOst buy because it's a Tacoma. Tacoma is a "me too" truck, People's sensitive egos force the Tacoma sale .......Despite Toyota coming up in the rears when it comes to modern day features and reliability.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    JeffB[QUOTED] and Bridge4 like this.
  8. Oct 22, 2020 at 8:50 AM
    GarlicFarts

GarlicFarts Bang Ding Ow

Member:
    Lil Rhody
    Vehicle:
    2020 White DCSB TRD OR
    At that point just buy the truck yourself and do the mods :notsure:

The door sticker is always annoying once you start modding.

I have never thrown a tool. I HAVE thrown a bolt, and I realized that someone else had thrown a bolt on my old Jeep. It had 4 radiator bolts. I went to do the first one which was tucked up and around and the hardest to get to etc, and found it wasn't there. Someone just said F it before me :p

Older and wiser is working it out, then too old and too wise is having the financial situation to pay someone else to do it for you :(

I'd love Ford to come out with the 7.3 or dodge or anyone, meet fuel emissions, and then have "Ford Certified" stuff that will not void warranty if it's installed by Ford. Because then they'll meet the CAFE shit and then we can have some fun :) But, I'm not in the desert, I drive trucks slow and lumbering, I'm not a leadfoot with a truck. So it would be lost on me. But I did see someone put a hellcat in a miata, that sounds fun.

Sweet jesus. Just get bored or....? :boink::boink:

Ridgeline is definitely the most comfortable, cab and ride, because it's unibody. If that's worth it for others, so be it. For me right now, it wasn't worth that added cost. But if you don't go wheeling and don't need to tow/haul near the limits, heckin' good truck.

I was hoping to see a hybrid in the 2020 year, once they press released that they weren't doing that, I went to the toyota dealership. That's the only thing that would have pulled me into one (even though it would have cost more). Can't wait to see the next gens in all of the brands. Ford is close, that new ranger is old. Toyota just did they're major refresh 4 years in, so they're good for 2023, I think we'll see the Tundra first though. Mitsubishi is rumored to be back in 2023, and dodge in 22 I think. Plus the GM twins will be on their next gen, Nissan's will be getting the kinks out.... I wish I wanted a new truck in 2023 :p

Bridge4 likes this.
  9. Oct 22, 2020 at 9:02 AM
    emelianenkov

emelianenkov Santa/Alex Emeliahoweveryouspellhislastname

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    NORTH POLE
    Vehicle:
    Alex's Shitbox Emporium
    NE Special Rust Edition
    Just drove a Bullitt Mustang... Ugh the GT want is real.

10. Oct 22, 2020 at 9:06 AM
    GarlicFarts

GarlicFarts Bang Ding Ow

Member:
    Lil Rhody
    Vehicle:
    2020 White DCSB TRD OR
  11. Oct 22, 2020 at 9:06 AM
    Sloth

Sloth Baby Ruth?

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Democratic Peoples Republik of Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ Cruiser, 98 Landcruiser
    Stuff
  12. Oct 22, 2020 at 9:11 AM
    GarlicFarts

GarlicFarts Bang Ding Ow

Member:
    Lil Rhody
    Vehicle:
    2020 White DCSB TRD OR
  13. Oct 22, 2020 at 9:12 AM
    Sloth

Sloth Baby Ruth?

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Democratic Peoples Republik of Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ Cruiser, 98 Landcruiser
    Stuff
  14. Oct 22, 2020 at 9:12 AM
    Noelie84

Noelie84 What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Wales, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '15 Ram 2500 Land Barge
    8.5 Fisher XV2, some switches, some lights.
    :rofl:

In one breath: "I just need to get the finances in order"
    In the next:

15. Oct 22, 2020 at 9:20 AM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 [OP] eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    That sounds like fun! :thumbsup:

16. Oct 22, 2020 at 9:23 AM
    mach1man001

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
  17. Oct 22, 2020 at 9:24 AM
    MikeyMcFly

MikeyMcFly This is heavy, Doc.

Member:
    I'm a Masshole
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off-Road 6MT / 1999 Corvette 6MT
    Building a Broja
    You couldn’t give my that Challenger. If you gave it to me I’d literally spray paint over those stupid flames and then be annoyed that I had spray paint on the car.

I see all that BS in the Corvette world all the time. So much cringe.

Flames on a 32 Ford or 57 Chevy, cool. Flames on anything post-1960? Just why?

18. Oct 22, 2020 at 9:27 AM
    mach1man001

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    I kinda like some of the ghost flames they were doing in the rally stripes a few years back but for the most part I agree with you.

emelianenkov and jpereira2 like this.
  19. Oct 22, 2020 at 9:28 AM
    mach1man001

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    I was to drive a Shelby GT350.

emelianenkov[QUOTED] likes this.
  20. Oct 22, 2020 at 9:33 AM
    mach1man001

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey

Products Discussed in

To Top