1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New England B.S. Thread

Discussion in 'North East' started by mach1man001, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Nov 18, 2020 at 6:55 AM
    GarlicFarts

GarlicFarts Bang Ding Ow

Member:
    Lil Rhody
    Vehicle:
    2020 White DCSB TRD OR
    SOS bolt-on sliders In-cab sleeping platform J-Dub IFS Skid
    Good spots for them, read up on ground planes and whatnot. There's a good TW thread somewhere. Just know about your height when you go into parking garages and under bridges and stuff.

That's what happens when you have back country areas with one provider and no competition. Either pay what they're asking/telling you to pay, or you have no interwebs. I was saying it earlier - one of the trade offs to the city. Less trees and trails and quiet around me, but I have like 4 different internet providers I can pick from, at least.

2. Nov 18, 2020 at 6:59 AM
    Bridge4

Bridge4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2003 DCSB Imperial Jade
    I now have gigabit internet and the lowest taxes in the state. I'd call that a win-win :D

3. Nov 18, 2020 at 7:02 AM
    Sloth

Sloth Baby Ruth?

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Democratic Peoples Republik of Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ Cruiser, 98 Landcruiser
    Stuff
    Curious, how long was the run they needed to make from the closest distribution circuit? Like do you have a mile long driveway or something?

4. Nov 18, 2020 at 7:11 AM
    Bridge4

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2003 DCSB Imperial Jade
    400 feet, the neighbor was 175. They told me 22k was the difference in labor!!! It takes 10 minutes to pull the line, gtfo.

edit: we prepped everything ot their code already for them and had it approved by them. They had 0 site work except to set a transformer and pull the line to it.

tacobell007 likes this.
  5. Nov 18, 2020 at 7:17 AM
    Sloth

Sloth Baby Ruth?

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Vehicle:
    Stuff
    At 400' they'd need to install poles, unless you already did that. Then ya, it takes very little extra effort to hook up a few dollys to the pole tops to pull the single phase if they even used them. And the hardware for a dist line run from transformer to house is negligible.

tacobell007 and emelianenkov like this.
  6. Nov 18, 2020 at 8:22 AM
    jethro

jethro Master Baiter

Member:
    First Name:
    Geoff
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    2020 Ford F-150 Lariat 5.0L V8
    I had Comcast quote me $8000 to get cable to my house from where it stopped, 2 poles down the road. They actually had the balls to say, "We have good news for you sir, after a site evaluation we determined it's only going to cost $8000 to get cable to you your house! And it can be done sometime between 12 and 16 months from the date you sign the contract!"

[​IMG]

tacobell007, Pugga, zjcas and 3 others like this.
  7. Nov 18, 2020 at 8:45 AM
    Sloth

Sloth Baby Ruth?

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Vehicle:
    Stuff
    Damn that's crazy, Most time consuming part is just hooking up the fibers to the existing splice box.

tacobell007, Bridge4 and GarlicFarts like this.
  8. Nov 18, 2020 at 8:49 AM
    Bridge4

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2003 DCSB Imperial Jade
    It's all underground and all the conduits and concrete by the driveways etc... was pre-done and been inspected by them and approved months ago. Hell we even left pull rope in there so its easier for them! The transformer base is set and waiting. They have the transformer and the wire, that's it. They are assholes and attempted to rob me for over 20 thousand dollars. I should honestly be calling the police about it and filing a formal complaint. I've already reached back out to the representative who helped us and explained the situation and pressed for them to investigate the entire work load of this engineer. He has only been there for about two years after a WONDERFUL woman named Bonnie retired. Bonnie was 100/100 a great person to work with, this new guy doesn't know shit.

It's been 7 months, no timeline for when get power either. National Grid is a fucking clown show and all future buildings will be solar powered.

When they installed the spectrum yesterday, they ran it to the dump and not our pole. So the guy was running around with a ladder connecting them and then I stopped traffic while he ran it across the road. Didn't charge me a penny! They already had it going by though so its probably a little less complicated.

Sloth[QUOTED] likes this.
  9. Nov 18, 2020 at 8:51 AM
    Bridge4

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2003 DCSB Imperial Jade
    Pugga likes this.
  10. Nov 18, 2020 at 9:04 AM
    Sloth

Sloth Baby Ruth?

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Vehicle:
    Stuff
    Bridge4[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Nov 18, 2020 at 9:06 AM
    jpereira2

jpereira2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2013 double cab trd off road
    Bilstein 6112 4th notch Bilstein 5160 rear Camburg ball joint UCAs Old man emu dakar leafs 265/75R16 Cooper ST Maxx Crux stereo a/v interface UltraGauge ARE fiberglass cap Wet okole seat covers Retro fit source Led fog lights Superbrightled pods in rear bumper Superbrightled light bar in grill Rock blokz mud flaps SOS Rock Sliders RCI Skid Plates (to be painted and mounted)
    zjcas likes this.
  12. Nov 18, 2020 at 9:08 AM
    Bridge4

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2003 DCSB Imperial Jade
    Article says Toyota engine so I’m
    Sure it’s going to be close.
    okay so let’s all wait on Toyota’s.

I’d like a small “fun” car and this thing is yelling at me so far, if Toyota doesn’t kill the look I might look at a low mileage lease or something.

13. Nov 18, 2020 at 9:10 AM
    jpereira2

jpereira2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2013 double cab trd off road
    Bilstein 6112 4th notch Bilstein 5160 rear Camburg ball joint UCAs Old man emu dakar leafs 265/75R16 Cooper ST Maxx Crux stereo a/v interface UltraGauge ARE fiberglass cap Wet okole seat covers Retro fit source Led fog lights Superbrightled pods in rear bumper Superbrightled light bar in grill Rock blokz mud flaps SOS Rock Sliders RCI Skid Plates (to be painted and mounted)
    Im excited for the supposed corolla hatchback gr. Supposedly 257hp based off the yaris GR we aren't getting

Bridge4[QUOTED] likes this.
  14. Nov 18, 2020 at 9:11 AM
    Bridge4

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2003 DCSB Imperial Jade
    Yes I’ve been waiting but all I see is how we won’t get it.

then Toyota sends emails and has a web page about how cool it would be if we did get it. Well news to Toyota, we aren’t the ones stopping it you are!

jpereira2[QUOTED] likes this.
  15. Nov 18, 2020 at 9:19 AM
    Sloth

Sloth Baby Ruth?

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Vehicle:
    Stuff
    I would 100% rock a GR yaris. That's a car you could drive like an absolute dickbag asshat, and no one would like twice at it.

jpereira2, Bridge4 and Pugga like this.
  16. Nov 18, 2020 at 9:56 AM
    js312

js312 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New England
    Vehicle:
    23 F150 PowerBoost Lariat 502a
    Husky Weatherbeaters, OEM Mud Guards, Wheel Well Liners, Bullet Spray-In Bed Liner, Gator Soft Tri-Fold Cover, Hankook DynaPro AT2 (Summer), Blizzak DM-V2 (Winter)
    I knew a guy who lived about a 1/4 mile past the middle school. There's cable to the middle school. Time Warner quoted $40,000 to bring cable to his house.

I pay $69.99/month for Spectrum and have no complaints. I get a consistent 120 mbps down out of it.

Bridge4 likes this.
  17. Nov 18, 2020 at 10:33 AM
    GarlicFarts

GarlicFarts Bang Ding Ow

Member:
    Lil Rhody
    Vehicle:
    2020 White DCSB TRD OR
    Looks like the 350Z....:notsure: I do like it though. My dream car is a fiero but my realistic dream car is a BRZ/FRS. Although, that new Toyota GT86 is bitchin. There was one in the dealership floor when I was at the table for the tacoma, ±a few hundred bucks off the Tacoma....There was a little bit of me that was saying "Yeah but....What if..."

I do like those new corolla hatches! Realistically my future cars will be a pickup either 1/2 or 1/4 ton and then a hatchback like that.

I had a hatchback mazda 3 GT with the 2.5L. I drove like a dickbag asshat (not like, cutting people off/tailgating). Just fast, fast, and faster. That's actually one thing that clued me toward getting the tacoma instead. There's a 2 lane sort of limited access road on the easy bay down here, 45mph. Mostly people go 55 or so, police don't bat an eye if you go by going 55. :headbang: One day going down, I think just to the dog park, I came up on someone in the right lane, someone was passing me on the left. I moved over behind them, and then just kept pace with them. I was going ~5-10 faster than the right lane? Then we blew past this dude going way too slow.

Then I looked down. I was keeping up with the dude in front just casually going 80. Might have been 75. Either way. In a 45. 75 in a 45 is not a speeding ticket, that is a "I'm bicycling to work because I have to not because I want to" if you get popped. 395 ticket alone for doing +30. But with that speed potential of reckless driving etc.

Soooo yeah a few months later I was in a tacoma and now I'm back to driving like a grandpa.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  18. Nov 18, 2020 at 10:42 AM
    emelianenkov

emelianenkov Santa/Alex Emeliahoweveryouspellhislastname

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    NORTH POLE
    Vehicle:
    Alex's Shitbox Emporium
    NE Special Rust Edition
    My Spectrum is so slow in the house that I usually shut wifi off on my phone to be able to download pages.

Bridge4 and tacobell007 like this.
  19. Nov 18, 2020 at 11:04 AM
    jethro

jethro Master Baiter

Member:
    First Name:
    Geoff
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    2020 Ford F-150 Lariat 5.0L V8
    My TDS fiber is faster than what the military uses. I don't even want to post my speeds, you all might be angry with me. However, I pay $119 a month for it alone- it's my only option.

Bridge4 likes this.
  20. Nov 18, 2020 at 11:11 AM
    GarlicFarts

GarlicFarts Bang Ding Ow

Member:
    Lil Rhody
    Vehicle:
    2020 White DCSB TRD OR
    Hey @emelianenkov I am trying youtube music. It's weird - all the songs I've listened to so far, I guess the spotify version is like a radio version or something, where the YT version is off the music video or whatever. There's a few where the YT rolls in with birds chirping and shit like that, probably because that's part of the music video. Sirens at the end, etc. that Spotify doesn't have. I did just find a setting to play album versions of songs, so maybe that'll do it. I feel like such an old man - complaining on a truck forum about new fangled technology that these whipersnappers come up with!

emelianenkov and jpereira2 like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top