1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New England B.S. Thread

Discussion in 'North East' started by mach1man001, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Jul 11, 2021 at 5:30 PM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    Don't get me wrong, trails CAN be ridden with BMX. But a single speed machine will never be ideal for that, especially if hills are a big factor. To be fair, when I was a kid mountain bikes really weren't a thing yet..plus I was always a BMX kid.

I wouldn't say BMX was big at least in my neighborhood, but racing was happening still in the town over from me.

Love the 666

Chasespeed[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Jul 11, 2021 at 6:11 PM
    crashngiggles

crashngiggles Tacomaworld's Resident Psych Dr.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Wilbraham, Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM TRD 4x4 DCLB Trail Limo
    So I am camping up at Sebago Lake Maine for the next 5 days and I love the fact that I have already seen 3 really overland modified Tacos.....1 2nd gen and 2 3rd gen (both of them TRD Pro's actually) and both if them waved and gave me the thumbs up when I saw them in passing.....any members the live up in and around Standish Maine?

3. Jul 11, 2021 at 6:34 PM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 [OP] eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    Besides the hills it's probably even more the roots and rocks to be honest. BMX has it's place that's for sure but if you ride trails you want a mountain bike.

4. Jul 11, 2021 at 6:43 PM
    Bruce988jl

Bruce988jl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Dbl Cab TRD Off-Road & 05 Mitsubishi Evo
    I rode my street bmx bike on trails... Even took it up a ski lift with some downhillers. I couldn't keep up but it was fun as all hell.

I still have the bike, best 1700$ I ever spent. It's indestructible.

On a sadder note... The king shocks I have in the rear are done for. The d/s top bushing blew out and I didn't notice it. Rode on that for a while and the threaded shaft that bolts to the frame wore about 20% through and for some reason the weld material that the shaft is welded to the top of the shock body was torn up as well (see photo). Discovered it Friday when I went to rehaul all the suspension bushings in the rear. They're currently en route to king shocks in California for a full rehaul and rebuild... Trucks down for at least 4 weeks.

I guess on the bright side I can install all the parts I have for the truck waiting.. trying to do the arb twin compressor in the bedside mount this week, redo the roof rack harness next week and the molle backseat panel and bluesea fuse panel for a full in cab fuse panel.

20210709_173848.jpg
    20210709_172329.jpg

jpereira2 and Pugga like this.
  5. Jul 11, 2021 at 7:17 PM
    ABA180

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    Well let's see pics of the bike man!!

6. Jul 11, 2021 at 7:27 PM
    Bruce988jl

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    I'll have to dig it out. Last time I rode it on trails was senior year of college. I rode it a year ago at a local park and killed myself. 11 years older and definitely not as nimble. The frame was a s&m dirtbike classic, heavy as all hell but the only things I ever broke were handle bars and tacoed the front rim trying to gap a stair case. I suspect all the parts I had back then is all ancient history now.

7. Jul 11, 2021 at 10:33 PM
    ABA180

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    You'd be surprised what those things go for now...you don't even know what it cost me to build a couple of the bikes I have now, though I don't have a S+M I do love the Slam Bars..same as the old Woody bars in dimensions. Difference is my Slams ran me $85 versus $400 to buy a well used pair of Woodys

8. Jul 12, 2021 at 2:10 AM
    AllTacosFloat

AllTacosFloat I need to be moderated

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Boston ish
    Vehicle:
    Has lockers and a skewp
    :rain:another soggy week. All this rain really messes up my dinner plans. Usually during the summer we try to grill/smoke and eat outside a few days a week. Lucky to get one meal off the grill a week so far:oops:

Chasespeed and tacobell007 like this.
  9. Jul 12, 2021 at 3:38 AM
    Spare Parts

Spare Parts Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2022 Off Road Premium 4Runner Lunar Rock
    enjoy, your about 30 minutes from me, hopefully today will be your only rain.

10. Jul 12, 2021 at 4:13 AM
    Chasespeed

Chasespeed Just a monkey with a wrench

Member:
    In the woods...
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OffRoad
    Some stuff
    Yep, and it's messing with my money. I have a bunch of work that needs to be done, but, needs to be dry.

Sitting in my kitchen now. Wishing I could get into a RMV today(have appt for Wednesday already).
    Oh well.... need to sort out getting a could bikes through our ridiculous inspections.

AllTacosFloat[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Jul 12, 2021 at 5:33 AM
    Sloth

Sloth Baby Ruth?

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Democratic Peoples Republik of Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ Cruiser, 98 Landcruiser
    Stuff
    Damn that thing looks like shit. OEM look better after a few years.

Bruce988jl[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Jul 12, 2021 at 5:44 AM
    GarlicFarts

GarlicFarts Bang Ding Ow

Member:
    Lil Rhody
    Vehicle:
    2020 White DCSB TRD OR
    SOS bolt-on sliders In-cab sleeping platform J-Dub IFS Skid
    Damn. That's a bill for a BMX. I built mine for about a grand all in. They're also built as hell. Wicked overengineered. It's weird for me going to the road bike world where everything is so fragile. My BMX has taken tumbles to hell and back, yet one small tip over on a road bike can break shizz.
    Get a cover for the grill. A lot of the guys with smokers have them :D I don't have one yet, but I'm not saying it's not a possibility.

I won't complain - this weather is great for my lawn, it's finally green for once. Clover is coming in good, but just in general shit's green, that's new for me, usually this time of year is when we enter the beige stage.

13. Jul 12, 2021 at 7:13 AM
    guitarjamman

guitarjamman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Northeast
    Vehicle:
    2019 Ram 2500
    Get the rear suspension. While it may not be needed for what you intend to use, I'd bet you will have the hankering to upgrade shortly if you don't pony up now.

tacobell007 and Pugga[QUOTED] like this.
  14. Jul 12, 2021 at 7:24 AM
    AllTacosFloat

AllTacosFloat I need to be moderated

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Boston ish
    Vehicle:
    Has lockers and a skewp
    I'm a charcoal guy. Tried gas, not for me. Throws up some serious heat. But you're right. I'm sure I could do something with metal studs and galvanized roofing... Like I need another project:rolleyes: Just finished a remodel in the bedroom. Started with a broken window then found carpenter ant damage.. Ended up completely gutting and refinishing. Couldn't find anyone in short time so I lucked out and got to do it myself nights and weekends. But it's done so the wife is very happy.

15. Jul 12, 2021 at 7:41 AM
    Bruce988jl

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    I built 2 other bikes before that, one was stolen the other was run over by a car when I had to ditch and the bike landed and somehow rolled right into traffic - shitty luck because we had no cars on the street the entire day until the moment I ditched. I built this one as my last bike, built it in 2003-4 and rode it until maybe 2010ish when I stopped riding because of a snowboarding accident and well life - primarily life haha. I'm deathly afraid of road bikes, I used to build bikes at Wheelworks in Belmont, MA and I would see so many people come in with damaged wheels just from pot holes on the street. One guy came in completely rashed all over, he potato chipped his wheel on a man hole cover that was sticking up, locked up the front and sent him flying at 40mph.

I really want a hardtail 24" bike to do light trails and everyday riding to get back into shape but bikes have cost so much lately I just haven't the heart to dedicate funds to another hobby which I know will wind up being another money pit haha.

16. Jul 12, 2021 at 7:50 AM
    ABA180

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    FKN hate thieves, my 1986 Schwinn Predator Freeform EX was swiped in 1990 and I'd still love to kill the asshole. Found another one like it several years ago and restored it at least.

I am a big fan of mag wheels especially at my weight haha

17. Jul 12, 2021 at 7:57 AM
    GarlicFarts

GarlicFarts Bang Ding Ow

Member:
    Lil Rhody
    Vehicle:
    2020 White DCSB TRD OR
    SOS bolt-on sliders In-cab sleeping platform J-Dub IFS Skid
    :spy: yeah, I mean I was looking at something a bit more...intricate...

images_3d2777ac9517f2e670dd13d29cb6ed177a135c24.jpg

...that can work with charcoal :rofl:

I have a side by side gas on the left, charcoal on the right I use it as an offset smoker ish type of thing though. Works pretty well. I use the gas side burner to light the chimney with the charcoal in it, that's a princess feature I now couldn't go without.

I don't have a shelter right now - just a cover for it.

Yeah fortunately when I ride road bikes a lot of it is on the east bay bike path down here in RI.

Cruisers are fun. I won't get a 29 MTB, 27.5 is my limit, I hate how much it's just a trail dozer and takes the fun out of climbing and maneuvering. Hell I didn't even want a 27.5 but nobody is making 26 anymore that aren't like, for children so the HT is wayyyy too short. Bikes are my money pit, fortunately I don't sink a lot in but that's the only thing I spend money on frivelously (and my truck...)

AllTacosFloat[QUOTED] likes this.
  18. Jul 12, 2021 at 8:01 AM
    Bruce988jl

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    I wish that were the case for me. I'm spread too thin with hobbies...

GarlicFarts[QUOTED] likes this.
  19. Jul 12, 2021 at 8:16 AM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 [OP] eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    Wow

20. Jul 12, 2021 at 8:40 AM
    jethro

jethro Master Baiter

Member:
    First Name:
    Geoff
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    2020 Ford F-150 Lariat 5.0L V8
    Anyone looking for a kinda heavy but half decent dual suspension, I took pics of my Diamond Back. My bicycling is limited to pretty much bike paths and when I bring the squad up to Maine, the girls like to do a little bike around the island. So I'm looking to make this bike turn into a simple and lighter hardtail. Even a cruiser would be fine for me. If I can't find anyone that can use it I'll just keep using it. I don't know what's fair, I'd like $400 or so, that should enable me to buy a cheap used hardtail.

[​IMG]

jpereira2 and Pugga like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top