1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

    You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

    As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New error codes after I make repairs.

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by martin2001, Mar 17, 2012.

  1. Mar 17, 2012 at 9:34 PM
    #1
    martin2001

    martin2001 [OP] New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2012
    Member:
    #75087
    Messages:
    4
    Gender:
    Male
    Sacramento, California
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma 4X4
    Happy St. Patricks Day!

    Prompted by error codes PO1130 and PO420 I replaced the sensors before and after the cat on my 01 Tacoma. The PO1130 code is gone but PO420, PO420 pending and now PO141 come up on code reader. Has anyone had this issue?
     
  2. Mar 18, 2012 at 8:28 AM
    #2
    watacomaguy

    watacomaguy Active Member

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2012
    Member:
    #74061
    Messages:
    41
    Gender:
    Male
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4
  3. Mar 19, 2012 at 3:25 PM
    #3
    martin2001

    martin2001 [OP] New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2012
    Member:
    #75087
    Messages:
    4
    Gender:
    Male
    Sacramento, California
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma 4X4
    Thanks, this helps. Will reply with out come>
     
  4. Mar 20, 2012 at 2:23 PM
    #4
    martin2001

    martin2001 [OP] New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2012
    Member:
    #75087
    Messages:
    4
    Gender:
    Male
    Sacramento, California
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma 4X4
    Yeah that was the problem. CEL is off, all monitors ready and it passed smog inspection. Thanks for the heads up!
     
  5. Mar 20, 2012 at 4:08 PM
    #5
    tan4x4

    tan4x4 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2011
    Member:
    #67982
    Messages:
    3,151
    Gender:
    Male
    First Name:
    Rick
    Folsom, CA
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma EC 4x4 2.7L Auto
    Bilsteins, OME 881's, 3-leaf AAL, Detroit TruTrac, 31" tires, Michelin LTX AT2, Tranny skidplate, TC skidplate, CBI rear bumper, TG sliders, UltraGauge, PowerTank, Reverse Camera, CB
    So the problem was with the ground wire?
     
  6. Mar 22, 2012 at 10:46 AM
    #6
    martin2001

    martin2001 [OP] New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2012
    Member:
    #75087
    Messages:
    4
    Gender:
    Male
    Sacramento, California
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma 4X4
    Not exactly. The ground wire was ok, it was the section of wire (see photo) going under the intake that was loose. During visual inspection I noticed it was a little sloppy, so I pushed it in towards the motor and heard a click. It was obviously disconnected. This caused false error codes and disabled 4 of the monitors. Then I cleared the codes and drove it 100 miles or so to make sure the CEL didn't come back on. Not sure how it came loose but, it was an easy fix. My apologies for the previous vague response, wasn't sure how detailed to be, I'm new to this forum.


    [​IMG]
     
  7. Mar 23, 2012 at 8:38 AM
    #7
    tan4x4

    tan4x4 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2011
    Member:
    #67982
    Messages:
    3,151
    Gender:
    Male
    First Name:
    Rick
    Folsom, CA
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma EC 4x4 2.7L Auto
    Bilsteins, OME 881's, 3-leaf AAL, Detroit TruTrac, 31" tires, Michelin LTX AT2, Tranny skidplate, TC skidplate, CBI rear bumper, TG sliders, UltraGauge, PowerTank, Reverse Camera, CB
    Thanx for the clarification, and the photo. You went 'the extra mile'.
    The resolutions of problems are what I look for.
     
  8. Sep 16, 2013 at 9:47 AM
    #8
    TIPICOTACO

    TIPICOTACO Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2010
    Member:
    #46556
    Messages:
    2,233
    Gender:
    Male
    First Name:
    Tyler
    nw nj
    Vehicle:
    '01 DC 4X4 TRD "RAD BARON"
    Some lift, some armor, some scratches..
    recently I had also been getting a po420 upon initial start-up, and then a po1130 during operation. in researching I came across this thread and subsequently checked my grounds, turns out my negative battery terminal was very loose. The lack of a solid connection must have been causing false codes. I bought a new top post terminal (old one was kinda 'stretched out, reconnected the wiring and the trouble codes are no more. I also investigated the wiring that the OP referenced but it seemed fine.

    glad I didn't start replacing o2 sensors!!
     
To Top