1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Factory OEM Backup Cameras For Sale

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by Jerry Bear, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Jul 5, 2011 at 12:54 AM
    Jerry Bear

Jerry Bear [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Mesquite, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Access Cab
    tint, topper, receiver hitch, trailer wiring, topper lighting, cruise control, intermittent wipers, backup camera, auto-dim mirror
    I just bought some of the factory backup cameras for a really good price.

The camera mounts in the tailgate handle of any 2009 - 2011 Tacoma.

These are brand new backup cameras for the 2009 - 2011 Tacoma, Toyota part number 86790-04010.

The camera outputs standard NTSC color video, mirror imaged left-to-right, just like all standard backup cameras.

To make things easy, you can buy from my web site here:
    http://www.bandacomputer.com/storefrontprofiles/DeluxeSFItemDetail.aspx?sfid=102895&i=72345016

The price is $152.42.

Shipping and handling for one camera to anywhere in the United States is less than $5.00.

You can pay with PayPal, Visa, Master Card, or Discover.

This camera runs on 6 Volts DC, not the normal 12 Volts DC found in your truck. Normally, it is paired with an internal rear-view mirror with display (not included) which powers the camera.

This camera will work as the backup camera for an aftermarket head unit or navigation system, but you must supply 6 Volts DC. The camera cannot be powered directly by 12 Volts DC.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jul 5, 2011 at 9:46 AM
    MJonaGS32

MJonaGS32 MJ on a GS

Member:
    First Name:
    MJ
    SF Bay Area (East)
    Vehicle:
    07 Mid-Travel 4x4 DCSB 6spd
    Kings Mid Travel, BAMF bed rack, RTT, dual battery, OBA, ARB locker, 4.56 gears
    mine is hooked up to 12v just fne

3. Jul 6, 2011 at 8:32 PM
    Jerry Bear

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Mesquite, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Access Cab
    tint, topper, receiver hitch, trailer wiring, topper lighting, cruise control, intermittent wipers, backup camera, auto-dim mirror
    A few of these cameras are still available. I'll ship just about anywhere in the world, not just to the United States. The web page in my store will give you the shipping cost.

4. Jul 7, 2011 at 8:51 AM
    Muy Grande

Muy Grande Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.
    Do you include the factory wiring harness that plugs into the camera or a pig tail? Would be kinda hard to install this if you don't have the factory rearview mirror that these would normally be paired to. I might be interested since your local.

5. Jul 7, 2011 at 6:19 PM
    Jerry Bear

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Mesquite, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Access Cab
    Hello, John:

Thanks for your question.

I don't have the harness or a pigtail.

The connector body that mates with the camera is Toyota part number 90980-12495. The repair wire is Toyota part number 82998-24250. You would need one connector body and four repair wires. Or, you could buy the entire tailgate harness, part number 82182-04010.

Here's a document with a lot of information about the camera and mirror wiring:
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/at...t-09-rear-view-mirror-w-screen-tacomirror.txt

6. Jul 16, 2012 at 6:49 AM
    Minteek

Minteek New Member

Member:
    Hello;

Got any more oem backup cameras and mirrors?

Thank you

To Top