1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Feature on Tacoma? Bring your goldfish, leave the fishbowl

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bcmedic13, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Jan 25, 2011 at 11:21 PM
    bcmedic13

bcmedic13 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Langley, BC
    Vehicle:
    11 Dbl Cab TRD 4x4 A5
    Canopy, Tailgate Mod, Many more to come
    Hey Guys
    I am having a little trouble with my 06 double cab Tacoma, we have had heavy rainfall for the last few weeks, and I recently started parking my truck outside, I noticed my passanger floor is soaked, I do have rubber floor mats, but the water is on the carpet underneith, it originally was coming from the cabin air filter area, as it was soaked and water sprayed out when I used the fan, so I installed some flashing to divert the water, now the cabin filter is dry! but I am still getting large amounts of water on the floor. I did a search but could not find another source of the leak, any ideas?

2. Jan 25, 2011 at 11:33 PM
    Matic

Matic Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Greenville,sc
    Vehicle:
    2002 TRD prerunner,SR5, doublecab
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate.
  3. Jan 25, 2011 at 11:42 PM
    yamaha73

yamaha73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Royce
    SacTown
    Vehicle:
    Trd offroad prerunner
    285/65/18 nitto trail grapplers w/ xd revolvers, second air filter removed, k&n drop in, maxtrack spindle, pro comp aal, 20% tint all around, ebay halos,rigid industries led lights behind my satoshi kenwood shallow mount subwoofer in custom box, kenwood stereo, black lower valence, plus my custom cracked windshield
    my sisters GT did this exact same thing, wat we did is took apart where the plastic piece is under the windshield wiper and underneath there was a rubber drain thing that wasnt oppening correctly, we took it out and it fixed the problem, not sure if it would work on the tacoma but worth a shot

4. Jan 25, 2011 at 11:43 PM
    bcmedic13

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Langley, BC
    Vehicle:
    11 Dbl Cab TRD 4x4 A5

Thanks, I read this one, installed some flashing over the area under the cowel, this flashing diverts any water from entering. I bought the truck used and I am sure the windshield has been previously replaced, but have tried looking on a rainy day with a flashlight but am unable to source the leak. Water appears under the passanger floor mat, I have large rubber mats but never see any water on them, and the drivers side floor is dry, same with the rear of the truck.

5. Jan 27, 2011 at 8:12 AM
    bcmedic13

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Langley, BC
    Vehicle:
    11 Dbl Cab TRD 4x4 A5
    Ok guys,

Found the problem, see pictures, water is penetrating the rusty tig welds.

Unfourtunately my truck suffered a $10,000 crash when it was 6 months old. I have sealed this with silicone and still love her!

This picture shows underneith the carpet on the passanger side firewall.
    [​IMG]

To Top