1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New FJ Cruiser Wheels

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by GTCOMA, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Taco Guy11

Taco Guy11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Western Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport
    5100's, Eibachs, Light Racing UCAs, ATO Rear bumper and ifs skid, Lights, Tonno Cover, TJM Front Bumper and Slider not sure of the brand.
    I know this thread is old an dead but can someone take a pic from the side to show how far they stick out. Thanks

2. RobbKruger

RobbKruger Wasting away in the frozen North

Member:
    First Name:
    Robb
    Twin Cities, Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma DC TRD Sport Speedway Blue
    Access Bed cover, Access tailgate gasket, OEM Roof Rack, Garmin 780 12V bed outlet mod 120V in the console mod "Don't steal my tailgate" mod Yakima Lowrider rack mounted to OEM rack with Thule Cascade XT carrier Avid Arctic bar SOON TO COME - OME 885 lift kit
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Crappy cell phone pics... but here's the skinny. OME 885 w/driver side trim packer and Nitrochargers front, Dakars and Nitrochargers rear. Wheels off of 2011 FJ Cruiser w/ LT265/70-17 Geolanders in an E-rating.

Love it.

3. white08gt

white08gt Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Al
    Tn
    Vehicle:
    05 dbl cab 4x4 sr5
    toytec lift, fj rims, a.r.e topper
    I am running FJ wheels on my Tacoma. from the looks of the pictures, the lug nuts look wrong. I got new truck take offs for $600 and was about to leave and seller came running out with the box of lug nuts, they were at least 1/2" longer than the ones for my 16" aluminum factory wheels. the wheels are a different offset than what came on my truck. just found out last week when I had a blow out and used spare for first time, needed my old lug nuts. the FJ lugs looked like they pull thru, went and bought some acorn nuts to keep in truck. if you want to look at difference in the 2 lug nuts, go to Autozone, they have both styles for $2 apiece. by the way $600 included 265/70/17 tires new. ran my FJ wheels in summer and my 16 mud during hunting season

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  4. RobbKruger

Member:
    First Name:
    Robb
    Twin Cities, Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Access Bed cover, Access tailgate gasket, OEM Roof Rack, Garmin 780 12V bed outlet mod 120V in the console mod "Don't steal my tailgate" mod Yakima Lowrider rack mounted to OEM rack with Thule Cascade XT carrier Avid Arctic bar SOON TO COME - OME 885 lift kit
    white08gt,
    Iam not sure I follow. Are you thinking that my lugnuts are set incorrectly on my SWB above? Not sure I see any difference in the pics on the first page of this thread and my truck above, orthe real thing out in the garage.

5. white08gt

Member:
    First Name:
    Al
    Tn
    Vehicle:
    05 dbl cab 4x4 sr5
    the lugs look like they don't stick out far enough. can you start them with your fingers? I could use the lugs that came with the 16" aluminum rims but they were not as long as the lugs for the FJ wheels. Autozone shows 2 different length lugs for Tacoma, probably 1 for 16" and 1 for 17", all I know are mine take 2 length lug nuts.

6. RobbKruger

Member:
    First Name:
    Robb
    Twin Cities, Minnesota
    Vehicle:
  7. white08gt

Member:
    First Name:
    Al
    Tn
    Vehicle:
    05 dbl cab 4x4 sr5
    probably have the right ones, my FJ wheels are off 2007 different style and stick out further in plastic cap. I just figured both rims were similar in back spacing and off set. did you compare FJ lugs to your original lugs, same or different? sorry if I caused some confusion.

8. bb12

bb12 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Braden
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC SB 4x4 TRD Sport
    Anybody have pics of these wheels on a black dbl cab?

To Top