1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New frame for the Taco

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Jeff, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Apr 30, 2010 at 5:34 AM
    Jeff

Jeff [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hopkinton,MA
    Vehicle:
    Nice 6spd,V6, very solid truck
    None currently, but I would like a better sounding exhaust and perhaps a cold air pack and some color coded step bars

This may need to go into the other generation Taco's but my neighbor just took his truck(04) to have the frame completely replaced, as directed by Toyota......So we shall see how that works out. I cannot give you any specifics, like did they offer another vehicle for him to drive or not, as he has two other vehicles to drive.

Jeff, 06, V6, SR5, 6spd

2. Apr 30, 2010 at 5:47 AM
    TOYOTA 09

TOYOTA 09 Kicking Ass Since 1981

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2009 SR5 MT 4x4 Access Cab
    Preview 2009 SR5 4x4 MT Black Sand Pearl (Access Cab) SUSPENSION ToyTec 5100 Billstein Coil Overs (3" Lift) Fox 2.0 Remote Res Rear Shocks Total Chaos UCAs Full Dakar Leaf Pack w/Extra AAL TIRES & WHEELS BFG AT KOs 265/75/16 load range E American Rancing AR-23 Wheels Borla CAT back exhaust AFE cold air intake w/custom TRD clear cover Satoshi grill w/Grill Craft insert Hella 500 behind grill lights Rigid Industries Backup lights Interior Custom LEDs and Bed Lights Backup Cam Anytime MOD Leather armrest and rear seat MOD Weathertech floor liners Custom rear gear/dog platform Cobra CB and Garmin GPS Bed Mat UWS low pro tool box with Custom LED lights Diff breather MOD Custom painted engine cover Wet Okole seat covers
    i've often wondered how they do that? do they tear there whole truck down and rebuild?

3. Apr 30, 2010 at 6:06 AM
    Jeff

Member:
    Hopkinton,MA
    Vehicle:
    None currently, but I would like a better sounding exhaust and perhaps a cold air pack and some color coded step bars
    I was in the auto body business for 30yrs as a bodyman and painter, when we replaced a major part, like a bed of a pickup, we would put the truck on jackstands and just take it apart, by removing the bolts in the bed, putting them in a box to keep them separate, then sliding the bed off and setting it on blocks or a sawhorses or something appropriate.
    Same goes for a whole truck but obviously more involved, no doubt they do something similar, and slide the frame next to the truck , remove the bed , suspend the cab and one by one move all the various parts from the old frame to the new one.

No doubt they have a team of two or three work on it and after a couple of trucks, you really know just the tools to have ready and exactly what steps you need to take to get the job done. Not easy, mind you, as it is a complete disasembly....

You would think Toyota would have offered him a good deal to just replace the truck, al though he did install a custom radio, supercharger, and a lot of extras in it....
    Jeff 06, V6, SR5, 6spd Radiant Red.

4. Apr 30, 2010 at 7:22 AM
    white91formula

white91formula Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    05 6speed TRD OR

what dealership is doing this ?

ive had horrible experiences at toyota dealerships in mass, however harr in worcester has been awesome and thats where i got the truck

5. Apr 30, 2010 at 12:43 PM
    Jeff

Member:
    Hopkinton,MA
    Vehicle:
    Don't know for sure but its up in Maynard....I can find out and will post it. \

Jeff

6. Apr 30, 2010 at 12:53 PM
    HondaGM

HondaGM Roll Tide

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    South-Pole
    Vehicle:
    09 DC 4x4 Blown Honda VTEC V8
    trd exhaust,step bars,vent visors,bed lights,tailgate mod
    they will put the truck on a lift,take the bed off first .unbolt everything from the body.let the truck down and reposition the lift under the cab and raise it off the frame.after everything is swapt off the frame,lower the cab down to the frame,bolt everything back up.then install the bed.

To Top