1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

new grill needed

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by bigdaddytaco, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Jul 28, 2011 at 8:31 PM
    bigdaddytaco

bigdaddytaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jared
    sylva nc
    Vehicle:
    2000 tacoma
    ARB bumper 3 inch oldman emu lift piaa fog lights
    looking for a new grill my stock one is old and looks bad.looking for a nice looking after market or a good priced stock can anyone lead me in the right direction

2. Jul 28, 2011 at 8:52 PM
    geoff06

geoff06 261k and counting

Member:
    WI
    Vehicle:
    '01 PreRunner Xcab lifted
    3" lift, Bilstein 5100/OME coilovers, rear AAL, Swiss camper shell, Rough Country 9000 rear shocks, 265/75/16 AT's on stock steel rims painted black, All-Pro 1.5"F/1.25"R wheel spacers, airbox elbow mod, Flowmaster Super 44, Davico post-cat, I took off my DIY angle iron bed/light bar!, bed wheel well shovel-mount, blacked out grill emblem, Poineer DEH-P3900 head unit, Alpine Type R front component speakers, Pioneer Coaxial rears, Dynamat in door panels, scratchbuilt aluminum holders for my ipod nano and phone, and for some reason, I painted the headlight fillers black...
    Check out any Pick-A-Part places you know of (that always seems to come when I talk to people about replacing stuff like this) if you want OEM for really cheap. If you have good fabrication skills, you could just fab one up out of some mesh, then give it a nice finish. Grillecraft probably has for a model that fits your truck, though it may be kinda pricey. I believe toyotapartszone.com has OEM grills, cheaper than a stealership

3. Jul 28, 2011 at 9:06 PM
    bigdaddytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    jared
    sylva nc
    Vehicle:
    2000 tacoma
    i was also wanting somthing black

4. Jul 28, 2011 at 9:38 PM
    geoff06

geoff06 261k and counting

Member:
    WI
    Vehicle:
    '01 PreRunner Xcab lifted
    3" lift, Bilstein 5100/OME coilovers, rear AAL, Swiss camper shell, Rough Country 9000 rear shocks, 265/75/16 AT's on stock steel rims painted black, All-Pro 1.5"F/1.25"R wheel spacers, airbox elbow mod, Flowmaster Super 44, Davico post-cat, I took off my DIY angle iron bed/light bar!, bed wheel well shovel-mount, blacked out grill emblem, Poineer DEH-P3900 head unit, Alpine Type R front component speakers, Pioneer Coaxial rears, Dynamat in door panels, scratchbuilt aluminum holders for my ipod nano and phone, and for some reason, I painted the headlight fillers black...
    search "Satoshi" grills on here or check out El Tacorojo's build page. He's got a custom grill that looks really clean. If I was gonna get around to my grill project any time soon, I would just give you my stock one for a couple bucks. Do you have any preferences as to the appearance? Do you want a smoother look with really tight mesh or maybe more of a billet grill type setup?
    Again, Grillecraft makes a good grill with direct-fit if you aren't looking to spend much time on a scratchbuilt one, but they are kinda pricey.

5. Jul 28, 2011 at 9:41 PM
    travis9287

travis9287 Roll Tide!

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Sylacauga, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Big ol POS
    Allpro APEX, 255's t4r wheels, Custom Rear Bumper.
    partsgeek.com

6. Jul 30, 2011 at 9:47 AM
    bigdaddytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    jared
    sylva nc
    Vehicle:
    2000 tacoma
    the part that looks bad is the chrome trim the crom is coming off and its showing the white plastic

7. Jul 30, 2011 at 2:41 PM
    SRQ TACO

SRQ TACO "You've Got Red on You"

Member:
    First Name:
    Damon
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    00 RegularCab 5lug
    16'' 5zigen Streetfighters w/ 245/55R16 General Altimax HP's, K&N Filter w/ deckplate mod, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler with turndown before the axle, 01-04 Tail lights tinted, Dual BMW M3 horns, JVC Headunit, JVC 6.5'' door Speakers, Pioneer Shallow Mount 1000W 12'' Sub, 1000W Amp, Monroe Gasmatics front and rear, 1.5'' Daystar Coil Spacer, JDM Smoked Headlights/Corners,2001 Bench Seat, Led swapped gauge cluster and AC controls, Ignition Light mod with blue led, OEM All weather Floor Mats, LED Dome Light, 6000K DDM Tuning HID's, Street Scene Grille and Valance inserts, Clear bumper lights with the fog light mod and JDM Yellow led's, Window Tint: 25% sides and 5% back, TRD Blue Oil Cap.
    Color match it to your body.

8. Jul 30, 2011 at 9:24 PM
    BRP27

BRP27 When I grow up I want to be just like Me

Member:
    So far south in Texas my feet are in salt water
    Vehicle:
    04 4X4 Tacoma SR5
    3 in Ultimate ToyTec, set @ 2.5 in. AAL PINCH Weld Mod ( beat the pinch weld over inside the fender) Painted the pinch weld on bottom of cab Black Hi Lift Knock off
    Ebay has black grills , I bought one and put it on. No Problems

To Top