1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Grille

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by FLATaco06, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Feb 24, 2009 at 1:17 PM
    FLATaco06

FLATaco06 [OP] Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Big Bend Area, FL
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma TRD 4x4 9'' Monster
    6'' Fabtech performance kit = 2k+ rear TSB springs = $0 Grillcraft grille = $150 5% tint = $110 Pioneer In-Dash DVD = $450 1 15" Kicker CompVR Subwoofer = $250 Hypertech Speedo Calibrator = $120 Scangauge II = $150 Smoked Tails and Blacked Headlights = $250 FSU Tag mod = $20 JBA Titanium Headers JBA Cat-back Exhaust EBC Sport Rotors Total Chaos UCAs Go Rhino Dominator II bars Calling it mine = Priceless ----------------------
    Hey guys. I just ordered a Grillcraft Steel Mesh black grille and bumper insert. I'm hoping that it is going to look good with the Silver truck and Chrome Grille. But..... I have been considering going to a color keyed grille and doing away with the plastic/chrome stock bs. Anyone know a good outlet to score a good deal on the color keyed? I just got quoted $321.66 from my local Yota dealership. Any advice is welcomed.

2. Feb 24, 2009 at 1:36 PM
    type o negative

type o negative Well-Known Member

Member:
    UT
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD Sport - White
  3. Feb 24, 2009 at 2:48 PM
    FLATaco06

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Big Bend Area, FL
    Vehicle:
    6'' Fabtech performance kit = 2k+ rear TSB springs = $0 Grillcraft grille = $150 5% tint = $110 Pioneer In-Dash DVD = $450 1 15" Kicker CompVR Subwoofer = $250 Hypertech Speedo Calibrator = $120 Scangauge II = $150 Smoked Tails and Blacked Headlights = $250 FSU Tag mod = $20 JBA Titanium Headers JBA Cat-back Exhaust EBC Sport Rotors Total Chaos UCAs Go Rhino Dominator II bars Calling it mine = Priceless ----------------------
    Thanks alot for the heads up dude. Just ordered my color keyed silver grille and the Black grillcraft today. I hope it turns out looking good! Since I'm getting a whole new grille I'll have the stock chrome one to sell or use somewhere down the road, which is a plus.

4. Feb 25, 2009 at 8:20 AM
    type o negative

Member:
    UT
    Vehicle:
    Nice, I just ordered my White one. Where did you order your Grillcraft from?

5. Feb 25, 2009 at 8:45 AM
    FLATaco06

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Big Bend Area, FL
    Vehicle:
    www.usspeed.com is where I ordered mine. I talked to Grillcraft on the phone and the guy actually recommended usspeed. It was cheaper than ordering straight from Grillcraft. I can't wait to get the new color-keyed grille and the grillcraft. I won't even have to touch my truck until I get grillcraft installed in the new grille, and then I'll have my stock chrome grille to keep after I put in both new pieces. I'm hoping it looks clean and distinguished. I am considering ordering color-keyed door handles and mirrors from Colonial also to complete the look.

6. Feb 25, 2009 at 10:05 AM
    type o negative

Member:
    UT
    Vehicle:
    Nice Ill check that website out.

I love the look of color keyed everything.. Thats why I went with the Sport. I think youll enjoy it. I got a huge paint scratch on my grill from pulling to far in the garage and got the bike handle.. So I sanded the whole thing down and used the left over black from the BLHM to do the grille.. Looks really good for a black grille BUT I missed the color keyed too much.

Be sure to post pics when your done!

7. Feb 25, 2009 at 10:25 AM
    jmasterj

jmasterj Samsonite...I was way off!

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road
    Talk to truckalterations.com. You can get a Grillcraft for 150 shipped.

Linky

8. Jun 24, 2009 at 6:15 PM
    prone2xl

prone2xl Member

Member:
    Dallas, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport DC
    skid plate, nerf bars, Liquicell Leather, LED interior map/dome bulb replacements
    when you say "color-keyed grille" does that mean replacing the black piece where the toyota decal sits? not the surrounding trim where some people have the chrome lining and others have the color keyed right? i'm just trying to picture what part of the grill it's meaning. thanks but yeah i've been wanting to just replace that black piece with the decal with something that matches the same color as my truck ....silver... kind of like how the 4-runners and old tundras did.

9. Jun 24, 2009 at 7:58 PM
    EricT

EricT Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    '09 4x4 shortbed TRD Sport
    My middle piece isn't black. It's lighter than the rest of the gray... I think it's pyrite! I'm gonna post pics later so yalls can figure it out.

Probably gonna try my hand at a color keyed satoshi grill! Would be pretty sick...

To Top