1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NEW Groupbuy for Grillcraft

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Sinister, Jun 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 22, 2009 at 5:58 PM
    DdayIsNear

DdayIsNear Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Crazy
    NW Jersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    All pro sliders
    one more backout and i would have gone state to state looking for the truck they posted that they drive and go to town...not on the taco....on the driver:rolleyes:

you'll be sending tracking numbers eventually i assume?

2. Jul 22, 2009 at 6:08 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Well, there's a hold on my CC for the amount of the group buy...charge hasn't gone through yet, but there's plenty of credit available so it shouldn't have any trouble doing so...glad I could help us all reach the magic #!

3. Jul 22, 2009 at 6:27 PM
    airsoft_warrior

airsoft_warrior Batman

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Edgewater, Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma DCLB Limited
    TRD Performance Exhaust
    My card was stolen so I cancelled one of my cards. I am not sure which one I paid with for the group buy. Please PM me and I will get you the necessary information so I can know whether I need to get you the other card or not. Thanks bud.

4. Jul 23, 2009 at 9:06 AM
    Tio Pepe

Tio Pepe Well-Known Member

Member:
    eastexas
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4-Dbl Cab, Long Bed, SR5, SUPERCHARGED
    TRD installed Supercharger, Air Intake, & Exhaust. 3" lift with OME 885's & OME AAL. JBA shorty headers
    you should have charged everybody as soon as you had the orders, which was over two weeks ago. Then you could take all the time in the world you needed to to get it all together. When I purchase something with a debit card, I expect to be charged immediately, otherwise it screws up my budget. I bet thats the reason you had so many flip flops. Next time, get the money first, and ask questions later.

5. Jul 23, 2009 at 11:23 AM
    tmat

tmat Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Treavor
    Cypress, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Regular Cab, PreRunner
    BHLM, de-badged, custom Manoukian flowmaster exhaust system, Bilstein 5100 front adjustable shocks set at 1.75", "smoked" foglights, Satoshi grille mod, 265/75r16 BFG T/A KO tires, AFE Pro Dry S air filter, solid rear window, Weathertech floor liners and painted grill surround
    totally agree with you on that. When I fill up gas they sometimes charge me for it a week or two later and it always screws me up.

6. Jul 23, 2009 at 2:53 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat

I hardly think it's his job to help you manage your budget.

Not to be a dick, but businesses sell things how they want to. If you hadn't been charged yet, it was your responsibility to know.

Jesus...kids these days.

7. Jul 23, 2009 at 5:25 PM
    TRDKenE

TRDKenE DAMN GOOD DEAL!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Richmond, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '10 D-CAB OFF-ROAD 4X4
    TRD CAI, GrillCraft.
    rigggghttt.....well first part of running his business is customer service....been lacking a bit in this group buy with the lack of communication/mis communication....

8. Jul 23, 2009 at 6:24 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR

He is lacking in customer service by setting up a group buy for all of us to purchase quality parts at deeply discounted prices? By going directly to the manufacturer and negotiating the deal? You are not thinking clearly.

He could've by all rights just left things as they were and everyone could've bought somewhere else (or from him) at higher prices.

Unreasonable expectations like this are a big problem these days. Nobody owes you anything in this world. Recognizing a favor is apparently a forgotten skill.

The reason he's not posting in here hourly is because he's actually working on getting the orders paid and shipped...like he should be.

9. Jul 24, 2009 at 8:18 AM
    truckalter

truckalter Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Waynesville, NC
    You would have heard from me if your card had declined. You are good.

10. Jul 24, 2009 at 8:23 AM
    truckalter

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Waynesville, NC
    1. Thats a violation of Visa/MC policy. We are not supposed to charge a card until with 24 hours of shipping technically. Granted we often bend this rule but we try not to go too far.

2. People tend to get ticked when they get charged weeks before an item ships. So, I try not to charge people too far in advance. In fact, on the last GB on these grills I got climbed all over by some who said I shouldn't have charged them until the grills shipped.

In the end, IMO if you give your card # to buy something for a set amount its your job to keep that money there until the charge is made or the order cancelled. Thats why you have a check register to balance your account so you know how much is supposed to be there. Sadly, many people just fly by their seats on balances and that how banks get those OD fees.... Not pointing at anyone, just saying you can't always counts on an immediate charge on orders like this since the card companies forbid us to do it.

11. Jul 24, 2009 at 8:40 AM
    James08

James08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD PRO
    My charge went through a couple days ago. If I remember correctly Luke posted after the group buy was over that it would take about 2 weeks to get everything really moving, and it hasn't been 2 weeks yet. I'm sure everyone is just excited to get their stuff. I know I am!

12. Jul 24, 2009 at 9:07 AM
    truckalter

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Waynesville, NC
    OK...

Lastest news is grills are built and being coated...

We should be shipping mid to late coming week...

13. Jul 24, 2009 at 11:29 AM
    Tio Pepe

Member:
    eastexas
    Vehicle:
    TRD installed Supercharger, Air Intake, & Exhaust. 3" lift with OME 885's & OME AAL. JBA shorty headers

Are you being serious?!?! Where in the hell do you get off talking to me like that?!?! You have absolutely no clue who you are talking to, or what you are talking about. Lemme tell you something, Captain Dipshit, I damn sure aint a kid. In fact, I pulled your profile, smart mouth, and I see that you are a 25 year old Physical Therapist. Which means that I was managing a budget when you were playing with your GI joes. I dont need anyones help to manage a budget. I'm a financial planner and I manage close to 100 million in my book of business, and I also run an LLC. So questioning my ability to manage money is not something you are qualified to do. I know you think you can hide behind your computer and make candy ass comments, but not to me.

The issue here is one of timely transaction. We were told that ONCE EVERY ONE HAD PAID, then there could be a two to three week turnaround before they ship. That's fine it could have been two or three months, Im patient. What went wrong here, was the fact that it took two weeks for the transaction to take place. I have half a dozen accounts and pay more bills in a week than most do in a year, so having this out there dangling when the charge should have processed immediately causes issues. I was simply offering some advice on how to avoid these problems to Luke, until you popped off with your peanut gallery comments. What the hell does, "businesses sell things how they want" mean anyway. You obviously took alot more massage classes than business classes. I dont like to unload on people like this, but today was the wrong day for you get smart with me from behind your computer.

14. Jul 24, 2009 at 11:40 AM
    James08

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD PRO
    Simmer down now.....

15. Jul 24, 2009 at 11:44 AM
    Tio Pepe

Member:
    eastexas
    Vehicle:

1. There is no such policy at Visa or Mastercard. How come when I bought Wet Okole's I was charged immediately and had to wait 4 weeks for them to ship? Or when I bought a Callaway Driver and had to wait 3 weeks for it to ship? Or when I buy everything else under the sun, I am charged immediately and then have to wait for it to ship?

2. Thats just impatience. People need to learn to be patient, there is nothing wrong with waiting for an order to be put together even weeks after youve paid, thats just business. Sitting on someones card number for two weeks then waiting to charge it is something else entirely.

3. You're obvioulsy not married. I have several accounts and the one I use for things like this is a small discretionary spending account that has a minimal balance. I have others that I could use to buy a new truck with, but I dont go passing out those card numbers. The money was there, but after two weeks of just sitting there my wife took care of it.

Luke, I really appreciate you working with me, and I hope you dont take any of this the wrong way. If you decide to not give me the deal still because of my attitude thats fine. Saving $100 bucks is nice, but I am not about to admit that this is somehow due to a mistake on my part or an inability to manage my bank account.

16. Jul 24, 2009 at 11:49 AM
    James08

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD PRO
    Geez man. Get over yourself already. Lay off the guy since he put together a sweet deal for all of us so that he will do it again down the road. Obviously he has been bitched at before for doing this the way you would prefer, so he just did it the opposite way this time thinking that is what people would want. You've reminded us a number of times how wealthy you are and how much of a stud you are, so I don't know why you are so worked up..... I thought it might go something like this so I put it on a credit card that I pay off every month instead of a debit account so I had nothing to worry about. Surely you could have done the same.

17. Jul 24, 2009 at 12:01 PM
    David Tarantino

David Tarantino Well-Known Member

Member:
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    thanks Luke nice job as always

18. Jul 24, 2009 at 12:01 PM
    truckalter

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Waynesville, NC
    OK...

I am not one to argue with a customer... and I won't.

1. Call Visa and/or Mastercard and ask them. Do people bend the rules often? Yes. Will they get the butt handed to them by their credit card processor if there is an issue and a customer complains and/or issues a chargeback? MOST DEFINETLY. I am not saying its not done, just that if something goes wrong and a customer gets ticked then you will be nailed for having charged a card for something not yet shipped or ready to ship. Its happened to me and I would know... Almost lost my credit card charging privelidges over it.

2. Should people be patient especially to get a good deal? Yes. Many of them are and a few are not. Look through GB's all over the net and you will see people getting ticked for having to wait on something they got a great deal on.

3. I am very married with 2 boys and a wife that loves to shop. This is why we have seperate accounts for that sort of thing. We each own businesses and have seperate business accounts obviously. We have a joint account for large stuff and then seperate accounts for our respective "silly" spending. Makes life much easier as she doesn't mess with my fun money and I stay out of her clothes/shoe money. Then we combine for toys we both want.

I would never take a difference of opinion out on a customer by charging him more. Not the way I work. We fixed the issue and we are good to go when you say its good to charge your card.

Now, can we please drop all this before a thread gets ugly....

19. Jul 24, 2009 at 12:18 PM
    Tio Pepe

Member:
    eastexas
    Vehicle:
    you're right that I need to relax. I really am normally not the kind of guy that I sound like here, but occassionally I flip my lid and todays one of those days. I am not mad at Luke whatsoever. In fact, I really appreciate that he let me get back in the deal even though I had to back out and get back in. When he was saying that he had a lot of problems in addition to mine, I was trying to offer .02 cents on the issue. I would have loved to use my American Express (which is the only "credit card" I use and its a pay off every month variety), but it was not accpeted here (common problem). If this is the way Group Buys go around here where you give your card info and then wait to be charged thats fine too (strange from the rest of the online shopping world, but okay) as long as it is made clear thats the way it works. I just assumed I would be debited immediately since I was never told otherwise. For the record I vote to be charged immediately then wait however long it takes to get the product. That way is easier on my blood pressure level.

20. Jul 24, 2009 at 12:24 PM
    Tio Pepe

Member:
    eastexas
    Vehicle:
    I will take your word on the policy since you have experienced it. Nice to know that vendors are not supposed to do that even though lots of them do.

A seperate funny money account for the wife is a great idea. Keep her out of my play-dough. That maybe my takeaway from all of this. Your wife has her own business too? Thats impressive, must be nice to have a wife that has a concept of money.

Im calm now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top