1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Guy! (Build Pics) 05 tacoma

Discussion in 'New Members' started by 05tacobeast, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Mar 22, 2017 at 12:05 PM
    05tacobeast

05tacobeast [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    TJ
    Vehicle:
    2005 Toyota Tacoma double cab short bed
    RDR 17" krawler wheels ARE bed cap 20% tints all around Projector Headlights
    Hey guys! Ive been reading on TacomaWorld for a few months now and figured it was time to make my own thread with all the pictures I have!

Looking for any advice or comments you got! Thanks for taking a look and enjoy!

I bought my Tacoma back in April of 2013...

2005 crew cab short bed with 80,xxx miles.
    Previous owner was a 75 year old man who babied it!

1.jpg
    2.jpg 3.jpg

Got myself a toolbox and had a friend fabricate some fishing rod holders! they came out alittle too short to fit the bed rails so had to improvise....

4.jpg

I bought a vinyl cutter so I could have some fun making decals for the taco! you will see plenty of stickers throughout the thread...I have alittle OCD.

5.jpg

Found a set of FJ rims on craigslist for $300, came with hankook 285, 70 r17 with 50% tread... alittle flare trimming and they fit with no rubbing!!!!!

6.jpg

Bully cargo net, was NOT happy with the quality. My gas can ripped right through it then I accelerated down the street...

10.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg 15.jpg

16.jpg

Also got new toyo open countrys

17.jpg

Surprised how well the tacoma can haul my 23 foot seacraft with twin engines!

19.jpg

Some decals I made

20.jpg

Sold my westin side steps to a guy with a 2006 red tacoma for $180, and then he sold me his truck cap for $300...I thought that was a fair deal considering it was brand new!!!

21.jpg

made a mount for a 20 inch lightbar behind the lower grill.

22.jpg
    23.jpg

I couldnt stand the red cap and everyone was saying the same thing. So as a quick fix I ordered 10 ft x 5 ft black carbon fiber vinyl on ebay for $28 and did my first wrap... came out pretty good huh??

24.jpg

And it holds up to the conditions well too!

25.jpg 26.jpg

Used the scrap carbon vinyl to cover the chrome around my grill.

27.jpg

Added some reverse pods and the anytime fog light mod. Also added the punisher skull-flag to my tailgate.

28.jpg

ANDDDDDDD THENNNNN i got a little scratch when a civic rear ended my trailer hitch and pushed me into the car in front.

29.jpg 30.jpg 31.jpg

so i rolled my render back out, fixed up my bumper the best i could and ordered some black housing projector headlights from protuninglab. Also wrapped the lower mid section of my bumper.
    32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg 35.jpg

I broke the back glass on my cap by driving with the door up and hitting a tree branch:( So i made up for it by getting some Brand-Used rims on craigslist. Paid $400 for these RDR Krawlers with the tires.

36.jpg

And then my buddy gave me a set of half tread 285, 70 r17 cooper discovers. Rivetted the hinge back onto my cap too.

37.jpg

38.jpg

Added some more decals to the cap and lower mid bumper. And wrapped the gas door!

39.jpg

I really like the stance of the truck, but thinking its time to get a lift!

40.jpg

And then I got tired of the Carbon Cap...so I pulled it off in preparation for color matching!

41.jpg 42.jpg

Made myself some bedside decals love the while on silver.

43.jpg 44.jpg

A few picturs of my interior. Painted the center console piece and the heating/cooling controls. also added a few stickers over time from my favorite places. some that i made.

45.jpg 46.jpg

wrapped the double din trim piece for my radio.

47.jpg

love this garmin nuvi, navigation as well as gps speedometer. tells me the speed limit on the road too.

48.jpg

my switches for fogs, 20 inch hidden bumper light bar, and reverse pods.

49.jpg

a little center console organizer made out of scrap plastic and zip ties lol.

50.jpg

51.jpg 52.jpg 53.jpg 54.jpg 55.jpg

Still a work in progress. I have been studying TWF for a few months and im interested in doing bilstein 5100's and new UCAs, what suggestions do you guys have???

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    mattgecko likes this.
  2. Mar 24, 2017 at 8:01 AM
    mattgecko

mattgecko The LED Lighting Guy. MattGeckoLEDs.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    South San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB O.R. 4wd TRD Super Charged
    Welcome!

I've been very happy with:
    5100 / toytec springs and and a 3 leaf pack. UCA's weren't needed but went with Camburg

3. Mar 24, 2017 at 8:08 AM
    Over da Hill

Over da Hill "Roads...where we're going we don't need roads"

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    15 Black Taco 4WD DC SB SC
    Supercharger, Icon stage 3 suspension, Pelfreybilt Armor, All-Pro Sliders & Leaf Pack, 17 inch Black Rhino Sidewinder wheels, 33 inch Toyo tires, Rigid Lighting, SPod,

Products Discussed in

To Top