1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Guy Needs Help

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mkompleski, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Apr 14, 2011 at 8:37 PM
    mkompleski

mkompleski [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver TRD Offroad 4x4 Tacoma
    Hey new guy here with a couple of questions. I have a similar setup for my front end like this one but i have a couple of questions about what colors i should make everything. I got the T-rex eyelids, grillcraft upper grille insert, and im getting a toyota badge similar to that one. my question is what color should i make everything. i was thinking i am gonn go similar to this but with silver because i have the silver tacoma and just color match the chrome part of the grille and the eyelids to the car and make the grille insert and maybe the badge black or silver. and i have another question, what are the names of those lights behind his grille, i think the front end of this car is just so sick. I praise who evers car this is. im also thinking about blacking the housing of my headlights too

2. Apr 14, 2011 at 8:43 PM
    toyotatacomaTRD

toyotatacomaTRD Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2005 4x4 DC TRD Off Road
    11 Color Matched Grille, Pro comp 7089s, 265/70/17 Wrangler Duratracs, Black Running Boards, Tinted Windows, Bed mat, Weathertech Floorliners
    All silver would look good. And yeah, Dan's truck is just plain awesome. One of my favorites for sure.

3. Apr 14, 2011 at 8:44 PM
    mkompleski

mkompleski [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    do you know what the name of those lights behind his grille are called?

4. Apr 14, 2011 at 8:48 PM
    VooDoo

VooDoo More Cowbell!

Member:
    First Name:
    Carter Ivey
    Baton Rouge, LA/ Starkville, MS
    Vehicle:
    '06 DC LB PreRunner
  5. Apr 15, 2011 at 12:03 AM
    06rubi

06rubi Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenney
    Pueblo West, CO
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM (wife's truck)
    Debadged, tinted windows, 7 pin relocated, bed lights, 12 volt socket in bed of truck, on board air, auxiliary fuse box, grill craft, hella 500's, t-rex eyelids, pink budbuilt skids, icon remote resi coil over, camburg uca, alcan rear springs, ubolt flip, icon 2.5 remote rear resi shocks
    Dunno what his are but I put Hella 500 black magic on my wifes truck. They are not to noticeable behind the Grillcraft.
    [​IMG]

6. Apr 15, 2011 at 12:29 PM
    mkompleski

mkompleski [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    Where is the best place to buy paint to match my car?

7. Apr 15, 2011 at 12:32 PM
    carcharias

carcharias Giggiddy what what

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Kings all-around w/ 700lb coils, Dakar leaf pack, TC uca's, DO single hoop bumper, BAMF bolt-on sliders w/ kickouts, Rigid 20" e-series spot/flood, aFe pro-dry, BFG KM2 255/85/16, silver TRD FJ wheels, WARN M8000-s, Access LE, Grillcraft, BAMF lightbar, BAMF rear dif skid, BAMF LCA skids, window tint, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech floorliners, Silverstar lights, led dome lights, Redline Tuning hood struts, center console lock mod, mag-lite mod, extra d-rings, re-routed exhaust, ATO skids, ATO Hi-Lift mounts, pipe tailgate lock, seatbelt alarm delete, wheel/spare locks, Viper 5901, LoJack... WISHLIST: a golden canary that poops platinum
  8. Apr 15, 2011 at 12:37 PM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    get ready.....:crapstorm:... people get kinda but hurt when you call a car a truck just so you kow...

but i think silver would be cool! theres a group buy going on for a light bar behind the grille to hold lights back there, they are really nice. you can put almost any light behind there im pretty sure

9. Apr 15, 2011 at 12:42 PM
    The1youluv2hate

The1youluv2hate Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peps
    SP... CaL
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD sPort
    5100's@1.75 Horns (Andres) Satoshi TRD cat back BHLM
    That would be ellusive elements .. Search it he has some cool fabrications

hella black magics are the lights

Good luck & post pics

10. Apr 15, 2011 at 1:08 PM
    mkompleski

mkompleski [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for all the advice guys. This weekend I am going to paint the chrome part of the grille, my eyelids, and the badge I got for the grille silver like my truck. Then I am going to black out the housing on my headlights and buy some of those black magic hellas for behind my grille and be done with the front of my truck. I will post pics as I go along.

11. Apr 17, 2011 at 10:53 AM
    mkompleski

mkompleski [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    Here is what I have done so far:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I painted the rims black and black out the tail lights and badges. I also have HIDs and a GrillCraft grille. Then I tried my best to color match the chrome grille part with my truck but there is a slight difference depending on the way you look at it. If the sun is on it and glaring it looks the same but if you are looking at it from an angle it is slightly darker. I am not to concerned because I think it still came out great considering I used spray paint from a can. Then I got the TOYOTA badge for my grille and color matched that too. I had some problems with getting the paint perfectly outling the badge because the paint formed like a glue around the badge and the I ad to peel it off. Next up, T-Rex Eyelids, Black Out the Housing on my Headlights, and Hella Black MAgic Lights for behind the grille. I think everything is coming out great so far.

12. Apr 17, 2011 at 11:11 AM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, Ultragauge, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    I just put eyelids on my Silver Taco and I used Dupli color, they have the colors with paint #'s color matched. It matched pretty good, I did have to put several coats of clear on to get it to look as glossy as the paint though.

[​IMG]

13. Apr 17, 2011 at 11:25 AM
    stevenstaco

stevenstaco B A N N E D

Member:
    First Name:
    steven
    sacramento ca
    Vehicle:
    o7 trd sport sr5 4x4/06 4runner sr5 4x4
    1.5 aal,Tacomaworld sticker,Blacked out tail lights,bhlm,.dumped exhaust,relocated 7 pin ,rear diff breather mod,bed lights,hella 500s behind the grill,plastidipped lower vallance,mag light mod,debadged,black billit grill,bedmat mod,airaid intake,vynil armrests and back rests,tailgate theft mod, ipod interface,backseat cargo mod,front 5100s
    look in my gallery and see how i made a 6 dollar light bracket for lights behind the grill its really easy and very sturdy

To Top