1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New guy New to Toyota Looking at buying first new Tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by nitis, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Jul 23, 2011 at 4:01 PM
    nitis

nitis [OP] New Member

Member:
    I am brand new to the toyota scene. I have always been a GM guy but I need a few more MPGs if I can get them and it seems as though these Tacomas really hold much better resale value.

It appears to me that the most basic tacoma has everything I need. I would be getting a double cab short bed 4x4. When I go on the Toyota bulder website it makes you add a 3500 dollar package can you find them very often with out any added package just a barebones Tacoma

I found one like this and was quoted 24963 plus fees and tax seems like a good deal but its blue and the blue is just ok in my book but with the black trim not my cup o tea.

Anyway I am not in a huge hurry I kinda want to wait til later in the year and I could probably pay cash for one. Should I be able to order one like this plane jane rig?

Are there any major outlets for toyotas? I know when buying a dodge you go to Dave Smith in Idaho anything like that?

2. Jul 23, 2011 at 4:11 PM
    Zoot

Zoot Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC/SB TRD O/R 4X4
    Toyota bed mat, Wet Okole's F&R, Window Tint, custom trail-stripes, Cooper A/T3 265/75R16, MedlinAround interior LEDs, Leer 100r, aFe air filter, K&n cabin filter
    I drove all the way to Lodi to find a new off-road one, 4 hr round trip

3. Jul 23, 2011 at 4:14 PM
    PSJ

PSJ Prerunners Work

Member:
    Sebastian Inlet
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab Prerunner
    Rear Leaf spring TSB, Bilstein 5100's all around w/ front set at 1.75", 265/75R/16 Mickey Thompson Baja STZ's, Trailer hitch w/custom wiring, AFE drop in dry filter, Rear Diff breather mod, Debadged truck, customized stock TRD wheel center caps, added factory fog lights, bed mat, door sills, tinted windows
    Find your truck, then note the package and all the options on the window sticker, then research online this truck's package, options, etc. to get to the invoice value. Then, start from here with the sales people. Especially a stripped or less equipped truck. The more stripped, the closer you should to invoice price, but remember you can still get a fully loaded, all option truck for close to invoice value as well depending on the situation. Good luck :cool:

4. Jul 23, 2011 at 4:31 PM
    nitis

nitis [OP] New Member

Member:
    sticker price is 27025 plus 810 destination charge total sticker price is 27835

I plan on using the Sams Club auto buying program and this truck is located at Folsom Lake toyota. Its the only one equiped this way I have found all others have at least the first package added.

What prices are you guys paying for more options.

5. Jul 23, 2011 at 5:11 PM
    John3

John3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    Barcelona Red 2010 DCSB TRD Sport
    OME 884X Coil Springs, CS047 Dakar Leaf Springs, 90000 Nitrocharger Sport Front Shocks and N182 Nitrocharger Rear Shocks, Light Racing UCAs, WeatherTech Floor Liners, Leer 100XQ Cap, 3/4" Plywood Carpeted Bed Platform, Thule Rack System w/4 Rocky Mounts PitchFork bike mounts, Pop & Lock PL5300, rcbs204 4x4 Illuminated Switch Mod, Dome Light Mod, Fog Light Mod, FLYZEYE Designs TCMA-0511 V2W LED Light, Go Rhino Dominator II SideSteps, HitchSafe, Console Vault, Fumoto F-103N Oil Drain Valve
    I paid $28990 out the door for a 2010 TRD Doublecab Sport 4x4 in Oct 2009. I did everything online with the dealer. I showed up and signed the paperwork. I don't remember what thesticker was.

6. Jul 23, 2011 at 7:09 PM
    PSJ

PSJ Prerunners Work

Member:
    Sebastian Inlet
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab Prerunner
    Rear Leaf spring TSB, Bilstein 5100's all around w/ front set at 1.75", 265/75R/16 Mickey Thompson Baja STZ's, Trailer hitch w/custom wiring, AFE drop in dry filter, Rear Diff breather mod, Debadged truck, customized stock TRD wheel center caps, added factory fog lights, bed mat, door sills, tinted windows
    If you go with the Sam's Program, you will over pay by at least $1000. Trust me. If I knew all the info on the truck in question, I would walk you thru the process to highlight the savings of working a deal directly with the dealer.

7. Jul 23, 2011 at 10:16 PM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Marcos, Alta California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 2 Hella 4000 HID, 1 Cibie Halogen. Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    Remember, if you are into off roading/ serious four wheeling... ONLY the 'Off Road TRD' Tacoma has the locking rear differential and A-TRAC ('09+) included, in that package, and it isn't available any other way.

To Top