1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Guy Questions....

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Goroad1, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Jul 13, 2009 at 7:10 AM
    Goroad1

Goroad1 [OP] Member

Member:
    Clarksburg, MD
    Vehicle:
    09' TRD Off Road-Barcelona Red
    Just brought home an 09' DblCab w/TRD OR and have a couple questions for you experienced folks.
    1) Should the dealer have included TRD Floor mats?
    2) Do I need the Leaf Spring TSB Fix?
    3) For us old guys w/bad backs, has anyone found a suitable solution for the iffy seat/lumbar support?
    4) How do you silence the lock/unlock beeping?

Thanks!

2. Jul 13, 2009 at 7:22 AM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    1) Should the dealer have included TRD Floor mats? Mine came with them standard.
    2) Do I need the Leaf Spring TSB Fix? I have carried 25 bags of ground cover bark with no problem what so ever. The TSB does not cover the 09.
    3) For us old guys w/bad backs, has anyone found a suitable solution for the iffy seat/lumbar support? I like the seats, I went from a Volvo to the truck and like the seats better. :notsure:
    4) How do you silence the lock/unlock beeping? :notsure: try a search, I know it's here.

Good luck :thumbsup:

3. Jul 13, 2009 at 7:27 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    1) If they are listed on the window sticker-Yes. If they are not-No. I learned the the hard way as my truck has no floor mats awaiting some Weathertechs- because the mats were not listed on the window sticker/paperwork when I bought the truck

2) If you intend on carry heavy or moderate loads with any regularity- it's worth considering. Fletch was right-The 09's aren't included- but if you don't ask- You'll never get it.

3) Not old- but I do have a crappy back and I love my sport seats. Not sure what else you could add to make them better. It's probably a personal thing anyways- Your back hurts different than mine kinda thing.

4) And yeah...I have no idea about the lock beep...but I'm sure it's here somewhere. Good luck and welcome to the board!!

4. Jul 13, 2009 at 7:31 AM
    salsataco

salsataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wet Okoles with added lumbar support are pretty nice. But backs are hard to please.

5. Jul 13, 2009 at 7:34 AM
    FL4x4Taco

FL4x4Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Get weather tech floor LINERS.

Get the Rear leaft TSB done. it will raise the rear about 1". Rides better IMO. My '09 was covered for free including rental car. Absolutely no hassle, they took care of me.

believe your Owners manual tells you the programming procedure for the beeping. FYI, search the programming for making the seat belt shut the F up. great thing.

6. Jul 13, 2009 at 7:44 AM
    GeoTaco

GeoTaco the town is back that way

Member:
    First Name:
    Freeda Feltcher
    Denverish
    Vehicle:
    '21 Army Green TRD OR DCSB
    Car seats
    Welcome!!!!

1. As stated before the floor mats are only included if they are on the sticker. My dealer tried to sell them to me for $200, so i bought weathertechs all weather mats for $100.

2. I have the same truck and i have carried 500-600 lbs of sand around in it and it is fine, if you carry this much weight all the time, you might want to consider the TSB.

Sorry no help on the others, lock beep has to be on here somewhere

7. Jul 13, 2009 at 7:45 AM
    jla888

jla888 Well-Known Member

Member:
    floor mats are the easiest thing to get added to a deal. if your salesman wants to make the deal bad enough, he'll "find" some floormats just like my salesman did.

8. Jul 13, 2009 at 7:59 AM
    Goroad1

Goroad1 [OP] Member

Member:
    Clarksburg, MD
    Vehicle:
    09' TRD Off Road-Barcelona Red
    Appreciate the answers!
    Buying a car with 2.5 yr old and wife running around makes it easy to miss the floor mats until you get home, thought the "Preffered Owners Portfolio" might have included them..

Coming from a TL whose seats do everything but give you a massage you definitly notice difference..

A friend of ours works in Toyota Dealership Parts , guess we will be hooking him up or vice versa!

Products Discussed in

To Top