1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

new headers and hopefully exhaust

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by 4421.frank, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Jul 14, 2009 at 9:43 PM
    4421.frank

4421.frank [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southside chicago
    Vehicle:
    02 double cab prerunner supercharged
    nasty dent on driver's side bed panel, shabby seats, cigarette burned interior roof, missing berf bar pad, cracked rain visor, removed hood scoop, unmentionable stain on back bench?
    Getting the final touches done on the seventh injector kit done tomorrow.
    I would like to address the exhaust of my truck now.
    Looking to gain the maximum performance I can out of this supercharged engine.
    Any recommendations on
    1. new headers
    2. remaining exhaust system over haul
    I would like to gain some more power if possible and have a nice low decent sound to it but nothing overly loud( i don't want any fix it tickets, or pick up the eye of a potential truck thief).
    I have seen in some threads that welding is involved in the installation of some after market exhaust systems. While I can weld tubes inside a boiler all day long, i have never struck an arc under my truck with a half full gas tank inches away. So where exactley is the welding work located on these new installations? What kind of rod are we talking about here? Stainless 308 or 309? Or the good ol' low-hy 7018?
    Any help would be appreciated

2. Jul 16, 2009 at 6:53 AM
    FightFire48

FightFire48 Taco Monster

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    04 Taco dbl cab
    3" Toytec lift AEM BruteForce CAI Gibson exhaust 2 - Rockford Fosgate 8's
    I put on an AEM brute force cold air intake and a gibson catback exhaust and in just doing that the throttle response changed drastically. Hope this is helpful to you

3. Jul 17, 2009 at 6:35 AM
    opc167

opc167 Active Member

Member:
    Macon Georgia
    Vehicle:
    96 4x4 3.4L XL
    I've only opened up the air box for more air intake. No mods.
    Hey guys, I need some advice. I have a 1996 3.4 and need pulling power. I see that a radiator and fan come with turbo kits. I'd like to start with removing the clutch fan first before looking into a turbo and didn't want to waste the cost if it comes with a turbo kit. Also, is there a "True Dual" exaust system in that you run headers and exaust on both sides? I would have to install a second catilatic converter.

To Top