1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NEW KIT: Cab Mount Relocation Kits

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by stlntaco, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Feb 3, 2021 at 10:02 AM
    StreetsTheWay

StreetsTheWay Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD Offroad, Cement Grey
    You end up getting those mounts done? I just placed an order for the mounts and ordered the 9-4101R (red, because why not) from Amazon for $50 Trudeau Rubles.
    New tires and wheels sitting in packaging in my garage with these mounts on order until I finish another project I have sprawled out across the place.
    CBI rock sliders and Icon suspension are next on the list to save for - probably do everything at once then go for an alignment. Looks like the bolt on sliders fit just dandy with these new cab mounts.

2. Feb 12, 2021 at 11:55 AM
    StreetsTheWay

StreetsTheWay Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD Offroad, Cement Grey
    Looks like a new design:
    1. Rivet on logo - which I like so far; going to paint mount black and logo red, then rivet together after its finished.
    2. The mount hole has increased in diameter from ~7/8" to 1".
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is the mounting hardware & bushings that come with the mounts:
    [​IMG]

Now with the Energy bushings:
    (bushing sleeve for 7/8" hole)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Going to call Energy Suspension and see if they have a busing that is identical to this, only with an insert made for a 1" hole rather than a 7/8" hole. Nope, they do not.

Edit: Or am I just way off base here and you don't need the bolt to remain concentric with the hole? I am assuming you don't want this much room for the bolts and bushings to shift around the mounting hole... If one was to use only the bushings and hardware that come in the kit, that is alot of slop... I also don't want anything shifting because we have such massive temperature fluctuations here. Aftermarket bushings tend to not do so well in extreme cold and fail after 2 years. I want to properly test these bushings and see if they are suitable for cold climates.

Edit Edit: Just got off a call with Alpine, It's perfectly fine to have this much space between the bushing pin and the hole. No sliding or shifting should occur. There will be some new product options (including bushings) coming out. I'm sure they can provide clearer details for those interested.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    StrangeDuck and BOMBS like this.
  3. Feb 26, 2021 at 10:38 AM
    Jacked Burton

Jacked Burton Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    35s 4.30s 6speed TruTrac Fx Pros Bilstiens Dakars
    Tires: 35/11.5/17 Toyo AT3s Wheels: FN FX Pro Gunmetal 17s with TRD center caps Zinc Metallic lettering. Yukon 4.30 gears with TruTrac Front Suspension: OME 887 w/5100s Freedom Offroad UCAs n Superbumps Rear: Dakar Mediums Bilstien 5125s Ubolt flip n Superbumps Headlights: Selfmade Retrofits URD shortshift kit Airaid CAI No name throttle controller
    Just ordered a Lil B's CMR from Running4tacos.com
    Now just gotta chop these fenders/flares and my 35's should be golden.

Products Discussed in

To Top