1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New lift for friend

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Incognito, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Jun 24, 2009 at 5:49 PM
    Incognito

Incognito [OP] No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    Hey guys,

I'm back!... asking more questions about a lift. :rolleyes:

Anyways, my friend is looking around for a 3'' lift kit for his double cab prerunner, 4.0 V6. He is kinda on a budget but can budge for something that's really worth it, as long as it's relatively close to his budget. Ya know what I mean? He was looking at this: Would that work for his Double cab? I see that it has 884's, don't know if they'll sag after time though. Any ideas or suggestions? Also, about the Revtek lift kit; is it any good and would it work for him?

2. Jun 25, 2009 at 8:27 AM
    TacoTycoon

TacoTycoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Hayes, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport 4WD Indigo Ink
    Bilstein 5100 Coilovers, Diff Drop Kit, TSB AAL, 285/70/17 BFG A/T Tires, 17X8 Helo HE835 Wheels, Rear Bilstein 5100s, Dual Flowmaster 50 series, TRD CAI, TRD Front Seat Covers, Rear Suspension TSB, 35% Tint, Redline Hood Struts, MagLite Mod
    well I can't look at the link because of my restrictions at work, but the DC trucks need the 885s with the top place (included) to get the 3in. The OME springs will ride better than the spacer lift revtek has to offer. Again, I can't see the link but with the OME springs ride even better with the OME shocks. I am sure Chris4X4 will mention his love for all things OME...:D

3. Jun 25, 2009 at 12:24 PM
    YotaDan

YotaDan Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Oregon
    Even on a Budget, Your friend will probably be happier with a set of 5100s for the front (2.5"), compared to just coils with stock shocks.

Products Discussed in

To Top