1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Magnaflow Cat Back

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by jr114, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Dec 16, 2010 at 10:14 AM
    jr114

jr114 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Truck
    Icon Ext travel CO, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Maxtrac Spindles, Icon RR rear w 2"aal.
    Does anyone have experience with the new MagnaFlow Off Road Pro Series Cat Back?

Posted from their website:
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]17115[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DESCRIPTION:[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]V6 4.0L; Extended / Crew Cab
    5 x 5 x 14" Muffler, Off Road Pro Series, 2.5in. System, 3in. Turn Down, TURN DOWN IN FRONT OF REAR TIRE
    [/FONT]
    http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/displayapplications.asp?partnumber=17115

I was going to order a system from them anyway. Now Im thinking of going this route. Its actually cheaper, and I kind of like the turn down before the rear tire. My question is, is that they (MagnaFlow) state the turn down produces a more aggressive tone. Is that true? It's also a different sized muffler than from their performance kit.Just want to get rid of my in cab drone from the flowmaster. Or at least minimize it.

2. Dec 16, 2010 at 11:32 AM
    ZenkaiTaco

ZenkaiTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    11 DCSB TRD OR
    If your wanting to get rid of cab drone I wouldn't get a more aggresive exhaust that ends underneath the truck instead of at the back end. That exhaust looks like it would be pretty noisy.

To Top