1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Member - First Truck - First Toyota - First Tacoma

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Hayden202, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Jul 3, 2015 at 8:13 AM
    Hayden202

Hayden202 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 4cyl 5spd
    Lots of first time events for me! Excited to be a part of this forum!

I picked up a 2015 Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab 4cyl 5speed with the only optional extra being floor mats. I live in North Carolina in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area. I actually drove to PA to buy the truck because it was 2k cheaper from a dealer up there (have family in PA too; nice to have extra muscle at the negotiating table).

I've been working on cars my entire life and this is my first "new" car. I've always opted for used stuff that I fix up, but after rebuilding the engine a few times on my old 2001 VW Jetta, I was ready for a Tacoma. Hope to pick up a project car now that I have the truck.

As I stated above, not many extras came factory on this truck. In fact, I opted for the Utility Package. I figured I would never use those access cab seats, but wanted extra secure interior space.

So far I have done the following modifications:
    -Window tint; 35% on front doors, 5%(limo) on rear doors and back window
    -Intermittent wipers stalk
    -Key-less entry (added module inside glove box area and then programmed some fobs, super easy and great result)
    -Backup camera ordered, just waiting for it to arrive. (Truck came pre-wired for this)

Planned mods:
    -Gentex rear view mirror for temp/compass
    -Pop'n'lock tailgate lock; but still not sure if these are as robust as factory, saw some negative reviews here and there
    -Speakers

All in all I love this truck. The only problem I have is a squeak/rattle/noise coming from between the drivers and access cab door. I've tried a few tricks listed on the forums to try and eliminate it, but I am taking it to a dealer near me next week (hate going to the dealer, but have to it seems).

In any case, thanks for having me! I have already dived through lots of these pages for the things I have done/plan to do and everyone has been a big help! Hope to repay the favor!

TacomaJC.jpg Cheers!

2. Jul 3, 2015 at 8:17 AM
    Rhyno

Rhyno Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma DCSB TRD Sport
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new truck!

3. Jul 3, 2015 at 8:30 AM
    Over da Hill

Over da Hill "Roads...where we're going we don't need roads"

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    15 Black Taco 4WD DC SB SC
    Supercharger, Icon stage 3 suspension, Pelfreybilt Armor, All-Pro Sliders & Leaf Pack, 17 inch Black Rhino Sidewinder wheels, 33 inch Toyo tires, Rigid Lighting, SPod,
    Welcome!

4. Jul 3, 2015 at 9:44 AM
    ODNAREM

ODNAREM MEMBER Of The Church Of @ODNAREM

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Huntington Beach,CA.
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport Prerunner
    TRD catback exhaust,FJ Cruiser trail team wheels,BFG All Terrain K02 tires,Grillcraft front grill,Pelfreybilt IFS/Mid skids,sliders,standard rear bumper,Total Chaos bed stiffeners.TRD Pro Bilstein front/rear suspension.
    Congrats and welcome!

5. Jul 4, 2015 at 2:13 PM
    flyzeye designs

flyzeye designs Revised Company Logo

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    double-cab long-bed 4X4 debadged TRD Sport
    6 inch lift, tinted windows, custom tail lights, custom Red/White/Red-Black FLYZEYE Designs TCMA-0513 V2W interior light Custom Powder-Coated Devil Horns by Andres
    Hello Sir. With all you've done to your new Tacoma, you can round it off with a FLYZEYE-Designs V2W CONSOLE LIGHTING SYSTEM. Right now we're having a sale on in-stock items. We put a 3 year warranty on all items we sell including wireless glove box lighting. Give us a try.
    Dennis Lafreniere (French)
    FLYZEYE-Designs CEO 757 288 5702

Products Discussed in

To Top