1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Member - in Central, Alberta Canada

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Alberta_Taco, Sep 14, 2020.

?

What's the best item to upgrade first?

Poll closed Dec 23, 2020.
  1. Rock rails

55.6%
  2. Front bumper

11.1%
  3. Skid plates

22.2%
  4. Tonneau cover

11.1%
  5. Roof rails

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sep 14, 2020 at 11:03 PM
    Sterdog

Sterdog Offline

Member:
    First Name:
    I am Groot
    People's Democratic Republic of Canuckistan
    Vehicle:
    15 FoST
    Be wary of some of the fabricators popping up on local 4WD groups and Kijiji. A lot of shops are low on work during Covid/Oil down turn and want to try to build bumpers. You don't want to be someone's Guinea Pig. I've already heard some horror stories. Everything from two week timelines turning into six months plus (with the truck in regularly and the original bumper destroyed during the work) to paint being ruined by metal workers who didn't realize you need to shield the truck from grinding sparks and hot metal in general.

There are a few great local fabricators. I haven't used them so I won't comment but I'm sure someone from that area will know a few.

2. Sep 14, 2020 at 11:06 PM
    Alberta_Taco

Alberta_Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black Taco TRD Sport
    1st Mod: installed Trifecta tri-fold tonneau cover 2nd Mods: removed air foil damper, decals and badges 3rd Mod: installed a Compustar remote starter (its Alberta people) 4th Mod: installed full set skid plates 5th Mod: installed rock rails Spring 2021: roof rack w/ LED bar & CB radio Summer 2021: hybrid bumper, winch & LED bar
    Saw these on a TRD OR parked near mine at 4WP. Like the look and design. Just haven't seen anything like it other than on this rig.

And as you can see, I'm totally that guy who'll take a shot up top and then crawl under someone else's rig to see how it's connected :argue: and take a pic, too!

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 11.59.36 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 12.01.39 AM.jpg

if anyone knows what these are???

I'd appreciate the heads up on that information.

cheers

3. Sep 14, 2020 at 11:09 PM
    Alberta_Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Vehicle:
    1st Mod: installed Trifecta tri-fold tonneau cover 2nd Mods: removed air foil damper, decals and badges 3rd Mod: installed a Compustar remote starter (its Alberta people) 4th Mod: installed full set skid plates 5th Mod: installed rock rails Spring 2021: roof rack w/ LED bar & CB radio Summer 2021: hybrid bumper, winch & LED bar
    Definitely.
    Overall, I'm a very cautious person when it comes to spending cash.
    They'd have to have a long list of happy clients before I'd drop the funds.

4. Sep 14, 2020 at 11:16 PM
    Alberta_Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Vehicle:
    HA! Stumbled upon what I think are these exact ones! Brilliant. From watching a video on the KRave website! That's super sick! Its a company out on Van-Island but at least its Canadian! https://greenlaneoffroad.com/16-tacoma/tacoma-hybrid-aluminum-sliders They'll be here in a month! Just in time for Thanksgiving! Or I hope so... YIPPIE!!!

Now. where is that front bumper I am looking for ???

agh, what a great way to end a Monday night!

cheers all.
    Aaron

5. Sep 15, 2020 at 12:17 AM
    bodean

bodean Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Crowsnest Pass, AB
    Vehicle:
    02 Taco RCSB, 16 Taco AC6MT, 07 FJC, 22 Bronco
    I sent you the link to greenlane earlier lol, aluminum is a great option for bumpers, sliders and skids not so much.

6. Sep 15, 2020 at 12:26 AM
    Alberta_Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Vehicle:
    HA! that explains how that page was already open!!! Man thought I was going crazy!!! Now I know its not a good combination to mix Crown, Football highlights and TW at the same time! Phew! Thanks for pointing that out Shawn! hahaha!

7. Sep 17, 2020 at 1:10 PM
    boogie3478

boogie3478 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD Off-Road V6
    All the mods
    Welcome to TW!

8. Sep 17, 2020 at 1:20 PM
    Blackfoot

Blackfoot Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Sport Midnight Black 4X4
    Welcome, enjoy sifting through all the info on this site

9. Sep 17, 2020 at 9:33 PM
    Alberta_Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Vehicle:

thanks boogie3478 for the welcome. Dead Pool, eh!

10. Sep 17, 2020 at 9:35 PM
    Alberta_Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Vehicle:
    Thanks Blackfoot. I've been sifting through the MILES and MILES of threads... researching the reviews on slimline/hybrid bumpers and winches. Its a bit of an overwhelming experience. AND tons of good advice. Hopefully, I'll make a decision in the next couple of weeks. Then get the parts here and install at my buddies Garage prior to the snow falling about this place called middle-Earth Alberta! hahaha

11. Sep 26, 2020 at 11:53 PM
    Alberta_Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Vehicle:
    Hey guys with TRD Sport long beds. Can you recommend somewhere to buy a fuel tank skid plate??? All i keep finding is protection for the short bed trucks. lame.

any help is greatly appreciated.

12. Sep 30, 2020 at 1:09 AM
    Alberta_Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Vehicle:
    '
    '

Hey bodean... thanks man, for the tips on the above places. Looks like I'll be getting some parts from the above sources and picking them up Thanksgiving weekend! Hopefully I can get them on the truck before the trip down to Waiporous, AB for the trail run on the 17th! Looking forward to it much more so with protection in place: full skid plates and rock sliders! yeah buddy! Greatly appreciate it. Seriously! Thanks man! AB_Taco

13. Sep 30, 2020 at 1:30 AM
    bodean

bodean Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Crowsnest Pass, AB
    Vehicle:
    Who and what did you go with?

14. Oct 17, 2020 at 1:27 AM
    Alberta_Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Vehicle:
    Danger Customs. Rock rails and skid plates

15. Oct 17, 2020 at 1:32 PM
    bodean

bodean Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Crowsnest Pass, AB
    Vehicle:
    Nicely done! Matt is currently doing skids, sliders and a high clearance swing out for me.

Products Discussed in

To Top