1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New member in need of lift advice or help..

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Paint it Black, May 26, 2013.

1. May 26, 2013 at 8:33 PM
    Paint it Black

Paint it Black [OP] Damn That Money....

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Tustin
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Off-Road DCLB 4x4
    Tinted Windows Clazzio seat covers up grade stock speakers Sound Deaden all doors led cab lights Glove box Organizer Front License plate Mod Kings Cab Chop SPC Upper Control Arms OLD MAN EMU DAKAR LEAF Heavy Sliders SCS Wheels Sungtop Rebel Top Bed Stiffeners Ditch Lights old truck K&N Drop in Bilstein 5100 front and rear Toytec/Eibach front coil lift springs TC UCA Icon 3 leaf aal Cab Chop
    I just got a 2013 prerunner I want to lift it about 2 or 3 inches. I know zero about lifting a truck.
    People say just raise the front with a leveling kit 2". My truck seems level already.
    Do I use 5100's with UCA is that the way to go. Then would i have to add leaf spring to rear.
    Dose 2-3" lift change drive shaft, brake lines ect..
    Rim size 17-18" ?
    Tire size? Brand
    Any advice or help would be appreciated Thx..

Last edited: May 26, 2013
  2. May 26, 2013 at 8:39 PM
    ChiveOn

ChiveOn City Slickin' Redneck, I wear a suit with a mullet

Member:
    A BC Boy in Calgary
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB TRD Sport 6spd
    Plasti-Dipped Emblems, Tonnopro Tri-fold toneau cover (for winter use only), AVS in-channel visors, Ultra Gauge, Tepui Kukenam RTT, Muteki Trail Hog 285/70/17, Pop N' Lock, Bilstein 5100's in the front set at .85 with Eibach coils, Bilstein 5100's in the rear with a Toytec AAL. Toytec drivers side spacers, Toytec diff drop kit. All Pro u-bolt flip kit, TJM Compressor (permanently mounted), Custom rack for the RTT over the bed, Tepui Kukenam RTT, Toyota Bed Mat, Cobra 75 WX ST CB Radio, and a lot of gear behind the seats.
    Someone correct me if I an wrong but if you stay under 2.5-3" of lift you can use your stock UCAs. There is a bit of controversy over this but its a general rule of thumb.

If you have the TSB done, 4 leafs in the back, then installing 5100's at 1.75" in the front will give you a level ride and make it look a lot better.

What kind of driving will you be doing mostly?

3. May 26, 2013 at 9:21 PM
    Paint it Black

Paint it Black [OP] Damn That Money....

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Tustin
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Off-Road DCLB 4x4
    Tinted Windows Clazzio seat covers up grade stock speakers Sound Deaden all doors led cab lights Glove box Organizer Front License plate Mod Kings Cab Chop SPC Upper Control Arms OLD MAN EMU DAKAR LEAF Heavy Sliders SCS Wheels Sungtop Rebel Top Bed Stiffeners Ditch Lights old truck K&N Drop in Bilstein 5100 front and rear Toytec/Eibach front coil lift springs TC UCA Icon 3 leaf aal Cab Chop
    Street but i want to do some lite off road and have the truck handle it and keep alignment.

4. May 27, 2013 at 7:15 PM
    ChiveOn

ChiveOn City Slickin' Redneck, I wear a suit with a mullet

Member:
    A BC Boy in Calgary
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB TRD Sport 6spd
    Plasti-Dipped Emblems, Tonnopro Tri-fold toneau cover (for winter use only), AVS in-channel visors, Ultra Gauge, Tepui Kukenam RTT, Muteki Trail Hog 285/70/17, Pop N' Lock, Bilstein 5100's in the front set at .85 with Eibach coils, Bilstein 5100's in the rear with a Toytec AAL. Toytec drivers side spacers, Toytec diff drop kit. All Pro u-bolt flip kit, TJM Compressor (permanently mounted), Custom rack for the RTT over the bed, Tepui Kukenam RTT, Toyota Bed Mat, Cobra 75 WX ST CB Radio, and a lot of gear behind the seats.
    5100's in all 4 corners will be perfect then

Products Discussed in

To Top