1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

new member, used truck

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by derekp, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Jul 4, 2009 at 1:21 PM
    derekp

derekp [OP] giddy up!

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Grand Forks, ND
    Vehicle:
    2001 X-Cab 4x4 TRD V6 5Spd
    Deck plate, Flowmaster Delta-Flow 40 series, 265/75-16 Wrangler TDs, more to come...
    Hey y'all. I have been lurking for a while reading, laughing, learning and admiring. My Tacoma history goes back to 2001 or 2002 when I bought a used 2000 x-cab TRD V6 5 speed. LOVED IT!!!!! It had everything but auto, leather and sunroof. After owning it for a while, roughly 50k miles, I thought I wanted something bigger. A 2005 Hemi quad cab 4x4 to be exact. Got a great deal on one. A little over a month later fuel hit $4 a gallon, OUCH! Oh how I longed for my Taco! The search began for a replacement. Two years later I now own (PAID FOR!! WOO HOO!) a 2001 x-cab TRD V6 5-spd w/ 115k miles. She needs brakes and tires and few spots (smaller than a pencil eraser) touched up on paint (I'd love to go flat black but she is currently Lunar Mist) but she runs fine. The frame looked good (been in Arkansas all her life), but I know she has been used. The rear bumper is hammered, need replaced, but it doesn't bother me.
    I completed my first mod on this truck, deckplate mod. I picked up the plate at Gander Mountain then used a rubber gasket I got at Home Depot. All spent, including nuts/bolts...$10. Not bad except the plate was white and I had to paint it.
    I am getting ready to move from Little Rock to DC and need to think about prepping her for life in the salt belt. I would love any suggestions from y'all. Thanks!

Derek P
    Cabot, AR

2. Jul 4, 2009 at 1:26 PM
    Incognito

Incognito μολὼν λαβέ

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    See Build thread
    Congrats! Welcome to TW! :)

3. Jul 4, 2009 at 1:29 PM
    Hollywood22

Hollywood22 Wranglin the Badger

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    Southern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Generation X
    OME Lift, LR UCA's
    Welcome to TW...Congrats on the new purchase...I had a Taco before this and afterwards wondered why I ever sold it...this site is great....can't say I can help with your question but the great thing is that someone or many will be along to help...Cheers

4. Jul 5, 2009 at 7:59 AM
    moto932

moto932 What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Off Road SR5 Impulse Red
    5100's @ 1.25", Scangaugae II, deck plate mod w/AFE Pro Dry S filter, grey wire mod, alarm mod, defrost w/o compressor mod, de-badged, 17" sport wheels powder coated black, 1" B.O.R.A. wheel spacers, 265/70/17 Cooper Zeon LTZ's, sockmonkey beside decals.
    welcome to tw derek! the only thing i can say about your salt question is to wash it often. sucks when its cold out but i try to wash as much salt off as i can i the winter months here in ohio. mud flaps tend to somewhat keep the truck a little cleaner in the winter as well.

5. Jul 5, 2009 at 8:39 AM
    phynyx38

phynyx38 Believe

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma PreRunner
    Welcome :D

To Top