1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New member with lots of questions, looking to sell crashed taco in East Bay.

Discussion in 'Northern California' started by loyaltothetaco, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Sep 22, 2016 at 8:31 AM
    loyaltothetaco

loyaltothetaco [OP] It's part ATV, part SUV, and certified by the DMV

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    Radiant Red 2006 DCSB SR5
    2.5" OME lift, Fox 2.5 coil overs, all pro expo leafs, ubolt flip kit w/ upgraded bump stops, 1.25" wheel spacers, 16" Bronze KMC Impact OL wheels, 295/75/r16 Nitto grapplers, beige Softopper, Brute force front bumper w/smittybilt winch, RCI rear bumper, caliraised rock sliders, TRD IFS skid plate custom swingout tailgate w/spare tire mount, TC bed stiffeners, Magnum force CAI, KC spotlights, tacomabeast headlights, rear seat molle panel odds and ends, hi lift, MESO interior lights, and a fuck load of patches… more planned for later.
    Hey guys, total noob here. I need some advice on selling a crashed 1st gen. I wrecked my 2000 Tacoma a couple weeks back, beige, 2wd prerunner, 2.7L, 4cyl, xcab, 235k miles, mostly stock. The front end is crunched in but the motor and frame are still intact. I owned it for 12 years and I've never had to try and sell a car before, let alone one that's been crashed. Since repairing it would cost about 80% of what it's worth I decided to get in the market for a newer taco. I've seen a few posts on here where someone is looking to buy a crashed Tacoma but I'm curious if these are really reliable. I'd rather not part it out because I don't have the tools or the know how to strip it down but I imagine there must be somebody out there looking for a project. I listed it on CL but haven't had any bites so I thought maybe there'd be more interest here. Any advice on ways to go about this would be greatly appreciated!

Apologies beforehand, since I'm currently at work and new to the site it might take a little while to respond.

20160901_175610.jpg

2. Sep 22, 2016 at 7:20 PM
    Anderson

Anderson Dudemanbro

Member:
    First Name:
    Anderson
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    ProBro
    Stuff
    You should give Jeff @ToyConnection in Santa Clara a call.

loyaltothetaco[OP] likes this.
  3. Sep 22, 2016 at 7:27 PM
    loyaltothetaco

loyaltothetaco [OP] It's part ATV, part SUV, and certified by the DMV

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    Radiant Red 2006 DCSB SR5
    2.5" OME lift, Fox 2.5 coil overs, all pro expo leafs, ubolt flip kit w/ upgraded bump stops, 1.25" wheel spacers, 16" Bronze KMC Impact OL wheels, 295/75/r16 Nitto grapplers, beige Softopper, Brute force front bumper w/smittybilt winch, RCI rear bumper, caliraised rock sliders, TRD IFS skid plate custom swingout tailgate w/spare tire mount, TC bed stiffeners, Magnum force CAI, KC spotlights, tacomabeast headlights, rear seat molle panel odds and ends, hi lift, MESO interior lights, and a fuck load of patches… more planned for later.
    Well I think signing up on here did the trick because I just sold it... lol. Thank you for the tip though

Anderson likes this.
  4. Sep 22, 2016 at 7:32 PM
    Clearwater Bill

Clearwater Bill Never answer an anonymous letter

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Largo Florida
    Vehicle:
    '13 5 lug AC w/convenience package
    A few OE parts from fancy trucks
    Not surprised if the price is right. Easy fix from the looks and what you said about damage. Assuming one has access to used parts and a place to work on it.

Good job!

loyaltothetaco[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top