1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Mexico Owners BS Thread

Discussion in 'South West' started by twistax, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Oct 18, 2013 at 10:50 PM
    KCDuran

KCDuran Stormtrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    5 Lug'n 4 banger
    Icon/TC Mid Travel Kit, Kenwood Deck, Helix Audio System, BHLM (With Tinted Reflectors), Tinted Taillights, Satoshi Grill (color matched to super white), Stormtrooper sticker, Air Force sticker HUA! Re colored gauges (White numbers and ODO with Blue Needles) Magnaflow Glasspack Muffler, Stainless steel exhaust tip, 8k HIDs, LED Satoshi, Eye Lids, ARB locker (4.10 Gears), 8k FOG HIDs, LED Head Lamp, Tonneau Cover
    I feel ya... I went with SDHQ because of the timely response, friendly help, and great service... we all like certain things

x9001

2. Oct 18, 2013 at 10:54 PM
    tacodane

tacodane The Slow But Getting Somewhere Build

Member:
    First Name:
    Dane
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma Prerunner SR5
    Led Interior Lights AFE CAI Stage II, Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler Snugtop Cab-Hi shell TRS Retrofitted Headlights
    Would uca's be ok with the OME's? if I got those I would still have to buy coils and leaf pack

3. Oct 18, 2013 at 11:01 PM
    KCDuran

KCDuran Stormtrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    5 Lug'n 4 banger
    Icon/TC Mid Travel Kit, Kenwood Deck, Helix Audio System, BHLM (With Tinted Reflectors), Tinted Taillights, Satoshi Grill (color matched to super white), Stormtrooper sticker, Air Force sticker HUA! Re colored gauges (White numbers and ODO with Blue Needles) Magnaflow Glasspack Muffler, Stainless steel exhaust tip, 8k HIDs, LED Satoshi, Eye Lids, ARB locker (4.10 Gears), 8k FOG HIDs, LED Head Lamp, Tonneau Cover
    Im not the OME expert.... IDK haha

4. Oct 18, 2013 at 11:05 PM
    tacodane

Member:
    First Name:
    Dane
    Vehicle:
    Led Interior Lights AFE CAI Stage II, Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler Snugtop Cab-Hi shell TRS Retrofitted Headlights
    lmao its no problem. I still have to ask the wife if I can do it or throw it on the credit card.lol

5. Oct 19, 2013 at 9:33 AM
    tomtom

tomtom Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Desert SW
    Vehicle:
    2012 FJ
    I highly recommend the Icon UCAs for the sheer fact that they use a low profile uniball joint. Icon offers covers which will keep out dirt and muck, prolonging the life of the uniball. Currently, they are the only ones to do so on a Uniball based UCA.

Otherwise, the Lightning Racing UCAs with a regular ball joint setup would be good.

6. Oct 19, 2013 at 9:39 AM
    PcBuilder14

PcBuilder14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Southern New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4
    I want the Icon uca's but being up North in Missouri would wreak havoc on uniballs I would think...

7. Oct 19, 2013 at 9:54 AM
    tacodane

Member:
    First Name:
    Dane
    Vehicle:
    Well today bed rack is going to get sanded again due to rust formation and then a nice coat of flat black paint. then the saving begins

8. Oct 19, 2013 at 9:56 AM
    KCDuran

KCDuran Stormtrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    5 Lug'n 4 banger
    haha no plasti-derp?

9. Oct 19, 2013 at 9:58 AM
    SDHQ OFFROAD

SDHQ OFFROAD Cuz Stock Sucks! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    SALES
    Gilbert AZ
    Icon and TC use Stainless Uniball's, so they do pretty well in severe climate's or by the ocean's with the salty air. If you did the Tube Icon, the top covers they offer for them would be a good idea too. Extra protection.

10. Oct 19, 2013 at 9:58 AM
    SDHQ OFFROAD

Member:
    First Name:
    SALES
    Gilbert AZ
    Beat me to it!

11. Oct 19, 2013 at 10:04 AM
    KCDuran

KCDuran Stormtrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    5 Lug'n 4 banger
    Good seeing you around sir! So I'm taking a trip up to PHX for Thanksgiving weekend... Maybe I could get that tour you were talking about and we could possibly talk about some glass :anonymous: haha

12. Oct 19, 2013 at 10:24 AM
    tomtom

tomtom Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Desert SW
    Vehicle:
    2012 FJ
    The other thing to remember is that the UCAs are a nice have and can be added later. The OME lift kit and Icons will function just fine with the stock ones. At worse you may not get full travel which I doubt you'd notice until you really started pushing the limits of your truck.

13. Oct 19, 2013 at 11:19 AM
    SDHQ OFFROAD

Member:
    First Name:
    SALES
    Gilbert AZ
    You know it! Swing on by!

14. Oct 19, 2013 at 3:01 PM
    tacodane

Member:
    First Name:
    Dane
    Vehicle:
    Not for the bed rack realized when I start putting things on itll start to rub off and what not. atleast with spray paint I can just touch it up. but I do plan on derping my rear bumper and grill. Hate the chrome

Ya I was thinking the same thing get the lift and UCA's can be bought down the road. But it just depends on what amount of money comes my way. :D

15. Oct 19, 2013 at 4:25 PM
    KCDuran

KCDuran Stormtrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    5 Lug'n 4 banger
    :woot:

cool :thumbsup:

side note got a lot of compliments on the taco today over at Desert Rat.. almost ready to get my bumper powder coated

16. Oct 19, 2013 at 5:26 PM
    tacodane

Member:
    First Name:
    Dane
    Vehicle:
    That's cool. I like the bumper, would look awesome powder coated

Also does anyones Tacoma's shake after they turn the truck off. Like I backed my truck in to the drive way real quick after spray painting and the cab shook. Could it just be cold weather?

17. Oct 19, 2013 at 6:44 PM
    KCDuran

KCDuran Stormtrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    5 Lug'n 4 banger
    ill go with cold weather

18. Oct 19, 2013 at 8:36 PM
    tacodane

Member:
    First Name:
    Dane
    Vehicle:
    Ok I just wanted to make sure. ill keep an eye out for it. But ya those icons would have been mine if I had the money:annoyed:

19. Oct 19, 2013 at 8:37 PM
    KCDuran

KCDuran Stormtrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    5 Lug'n 4 banger
    dude that sucks... There will always be more though!

20. Oct 19, 2013 at 8:41 PM
    KCDuran

KCDuran Stormtrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    5 Lug'n 4 banger

Products Discussed in

To Top