1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Mexico Owners BS Thread

Discussion in 'South West' started by twistax, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Jun 10, 2015 at 9:46 PM
    tomtom

tomtom Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Desert SW
    Vehicle:
    2012 FJ
    Definitely an option. Probably going to end up taking too long deciding, get caught in a rainstorm and then watch the rust grow. :washing:

2. Jun 11, 2015 at 11:32 AM
    09tacorunner

09tacorunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Duke City
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner TRD OffRoad
    haha wouldn't that be a bitch! after all it is new mexico where we experience all 4 seasons in a span of 24 hours!

3. Jun 14, 2015 at 5:13 AM
    Whitecloud

Whitecloud Cloudy-fabricator of things

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Superwhite 06 DCLB
    ICON Extended travel Coilovers, Custom leaf pack, custom sliders and F&R bumpers, 295 75 17 Toyo Open Country MT's, On-Board air with F+R connectors, On-Board water with quick disconnect shower.Trimmed fenders and body mount chop. LOTS of wiring, dual battery setup, Solar charging system, with some random lights spread around here and there.
    I posted in the LEO thread too but if anyone wants tickets to the raffle to show support let me know and PayPal me. Supporting a great cause. I expect most of the NM guys out there, tell your buddies if they are not on here too.

4. Jun 14, 2015 at 4:02 PM
    99yodataco

99yodataco Little Taco that could

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    New Mexico, it's just a little bit fresher.
    Vehicle:
    MGM 21 TRD OR 6sp MT
    Soon...
    I'd like to be there if I can get shift coverage.

Whitecloud likes this.
  5. Jun 17, 2015 at 4:56 AM
    rraether

rraether Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Albuquerque
    Vehicle:
    07 tacoma 4x4 sport access cab
    debagged, windows tinted, custom NM trd sport decals, AEM bruteforce cold air intake, 13" wicked flow muffler, fox 2.5 DSC coilovers, all pro off road UCA's, fox 2.0 smoothies in rear with all pro off road expedition leaf springs, besttop softopper, first prototype of white clouds hybrid sliders!!
    so guys, I am in a bit of a pickle. I bought and installed the fox 2.5 DSC coilovers with all pro UCA's, all pro expedition leafs and fox 2.0's in the rear. from fender to ground I have a three inch difference. I know the expo leafs give 3 inches of lift and maintain the 3 inch lift with atleast a 500lb load. my Dilemma in this..... I am kind of disappointed with the stance of the truck. I know I can crank the coils up. Im just wondering if you guys would recommend this. I don't want to bottom my shocks out. What would you guys recommend? let me know your thoughts.

6. Jun 17, 2015 at 6:37 AM
    Whitecloud

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Superwhite 06 DCLB
    ICON Extended travel Coilovers, Custom leaf pack, custom sliders and F&R bumpers, 295 75 17 Toyo Open Country MT's, On-Board air with F+R connectors, On-Board water with quick disconnect shower.Trimmed fenders and body mount chop. LOTS of wiring, dual battery setup, Solar charging system, with some random lights spread around here and there.
    That would be awesome if you can go. If anyone can go that would be awesome...

How much preload are your coils at now? And maybe ask @jberry813 what he thinks.

You gonna come out wheeling on the 27th?

7. Jun 17, 2015 at 10:17 AM
    rraether

rraether Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Albuquerque
    Vehicle:
    07 tacoma 4x4 sport access cab
    debagged, windows tinted, custom NM trd sport decals, AEM bruteforce cold air intake, 13" wicked flow muffler, fox 2.5 DSC coilovers, all pro off road UCA's, fox 2.0 smoothies in rear with all pro off road expedition leaf springs, besttop softopper, first prototype of white clouds hybrid sliders!!
    How much preload are your coils at now? And maybe ask @jberry813 what he thinks.

You gonna come out wheeling on the 27th?[/QUOTE]

They came preset at 2.5 inches. I am just afraid of cranking them up and then bottoming out and not having the flex. I will shoot him a pm.

as for the 27th im in!

Whitecloud likes this.
  8. Jun 17, 2015 at 7:01 PM
    FlapJack935

FlapJack935 i member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Abq New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Wannabe Trophy Truck
    Sick Gnar Trophy Truck Tacoma and King Ranch Raptor Killer
    got it out a little today, now its time to sky it over the end of southern lol

09tacorunner likes this.
  9. Jun 17, 2015 at 8:34 PM
    Whitecloud

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Superwhite 06 DCLB
    They came preset at 2.5 inches. I am just afraid of cranking them up and then bottoming out and not having the flex. I will shoot him a pm.

as for the 27th im in![/QUOTE]

Sweet!! See you the 27th. Get whoever else you can to come too. And I have almost 3" of preload on mine without any issues. But I would let the springs settle out a little bit before you worry too much.

Looks amazing buddy. How is the clearance from the tire to fender on the rear?

10. Jun 17, 2015 at 8:36 PM
    FlapJack935

FlapJack935 i member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Abq New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Wannabe Trophy Truck
    pretty tight lol will run along perfect full compressed. but at that point the springs are at a negative arch. for being just j59s and 12" kings it has a surprisingly good amount of travel.

11. Jun 17, 2015 at 8:40 PM
    Wile

Wile Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 DC TRD Offroad
    Pioneer AVH-5600BHS, ScanGauge, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Allpro Aluminum front bumper, Allpro Aluminum IFS skid plate, Allpro APEX rocksliders, Warn 9500s winch
    :drool:

FlapJack935[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Jun 17, 2015 at 8:41 PM
    Whitecloud

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Superwhite 06 DCLB
    It looks great and been following the build. Looks well thought out. You gonna try to come out the 27th?

FlapJack935[QUOTED] likes this.
  13. Jun 17, 2015 at 8:42 PM
    FlapJack935

FlapJack935 i member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Abq New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Wannabe Trophy Truck
    thanks! the rear shocks towers were a little bit of a pain, i like how it turned out. and to the memorial run right?

14. Jun 17, 2015 at 8:44 PM
    Whitecloud

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Superwhite 06 DCLB
    Yeah the one for Officer Benner. I put the info toward the top of the page. No one posted that they were gonna go so I wasn't sure if anyone saw it.

15. Jun 17, 2015 at 8:46 PM
    FlapJack935

FlapJack935 i member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Abq New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Wannabe Trophy Truck
    my brother said i should go, we would take out crawlers, he'll take his and ill bring the taco since my crawler is out of comish for a while lol ill see if i can go into work late. wanna show my support also!

16. Jun 17, 2015 at 8:47 PM
    FlapJack935

FlapJack935 i member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Abq New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Wannabe Trophy Truck
    its also on facebook on new mexico offroad a bit. apparently a large amount of people will show

17. Jun 17, 2015 at 8:52 PM
    Whitecloud

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Superwhite 06 DCLB
    You should. I don't have Facebook so I had no idea. But awesome that a ton of folks are going.

18. Jun 18, 2015 at 2:30 PM
    TacoIII

TacoIII Mr. Boombastic

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Albuqerque
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4 off road package
    3" OME 886 coils, ARB bumper warn M8000, Lightforce 240's and 255/85 16 KM2, Redline hood struts,arb twin air compressor, 4.88's, Tepui kukenam, Pelfreybilt bed rack and rear high clearance with swing out, and custom offroad bodywork
    Hey guys, is 75w140 diff fluid a good idea? Doing my gears this weekend and the tech who is helping said he uses it in jeeps as a "heavy" duty unlike 75w90 as regular duty. He isn't scamming me for more money he just has extra on hand so he is giving it to me. Oh maybe ill be back in NM soon :D

19. Jun 19, 2015 at 10:25 PM
    STravis

STravis Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Ruidoso, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Offroad
    I saw a nice Tacoma in Ruidoso today. It was a second gen access cab with SCS Stealth 6 wheels and a TRD bedside decal with a zia symbol. Was it anybody in here?

Bambino likes this.
  20. Jun 19, 2015 at 11:42 PM
    Whitecloud

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Superwhite 06 DCLB
    What color was it??

Products Discussed in

To Top