1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Mexico Owners BS Thread

Discussion in 'South West' started by twistax, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Aug 31, 2016 at 6:50 PM
    Warles

Warles Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma TRD,
    OME Suspension, Pelfreybilt bumper & skids
    Does anyone have the removal/installation tools for the ECGS bushing upgrade that they'd be willing to loan me? I'm hearing that this installation isn't that tough, but I just can't see my way to paying over $100 for tools I'll only use once...

2. Aug 31, 2016 at 6:53 PM
    MojaveMadman

MojaveMadman Cali Raised LED

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD OR
    All New Everything
    I think there is a thread on here somewhere that people are passing around the tool for free. Just have to pay shipping.

3. Aug 31, 2016 at 6:55 PM
    Warles

Warles Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma TRD,
    OME Suspension, Pelfreybilt bumper & skids
    I thought I remembered seeing a thread like that, but I did a quick search and didn't find it.

4. Aug 31, 2016 at 7:35 PM
    Nickel

Nickel Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Diego
    Rio Rancho New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2013 T/X TRD
    does turning tires to black wall out count? How bout added snug top rebel.
    It's inside this thread I think.

5. Aug 31, 2016 at 7:40 PM
    MojaveMadman

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD OR
    All New Everything
    A thread within a thread within a thread!!!

Nickel[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Sep 1, 2016 at 7:58 PM
    tomtom

tomtom Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Desert SW
    Vehicle:
    2012 FJ
    Um, you know there is a 2 car garage over here that you are welcome to use when you need it. :)

MojaveMadman likes this.
  7. Sep 2, 2016 at 6:38 AM
    pigger

pigger Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Rio Rathole
    Vehicle:
    04 tacoma 4x4 reg cab
    Detroit True-Track rear limited slip, steering rack bushings, shell, SAF decals, Wheelers 5-leaf & Bilstein 5100's, some nice LED lights from Chris, big-ass bumpers, older-than-dirt owner
    You're harshing my pity-party, dude. :jellydance:

Dalandser and MojaveMadman like this.
  8. Sep 4, 2016 at 12:32 PM
    blendedfamily

blendedfamily Well-Known Member

Member:
    'Burque(sucks)
    Yup. I think thats what I've decided to do for now. Hang on to the taco, see how 2017 plays out. Nissan is toying with a Raptor(esque) concept called the warrior on the their XD platform, which will most likely come with a 5.0 diesel. My buddy has a new XD titan and its friggin badass. We'll see. For now, I've decided to pay off my wife's jeep before I do anything else. Figured going into whatever I do without debt would be the ideal way to move forward..

Chris, I think I've got some of your stuff sold.. I lost your number.. can you shoot me a text: 575-640-3413

9. Sep 10, 2016 at 12:30 PM
    MojaveMadman

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD OR
    All New Everything
    So USAA determined that thieves stole my truck... Took an investigator 3 weeks to determine this... But hey, it is a done deal now and they are moving forward with the repairs now. Truck is at Quanz on Juan Tabo. They have been working 2 days on the invoice so far. Damages are up to $11,500 and they haven't done any of the mechanical issues or inspection. Plus he said he still needs to price new wheels and a few other local parts... Getting close to salvage status. I will know more this week coming up.

Now that this is moving forward again I am feeling much better about the situation. No matter if it is a repair or salvage I will have the full Icon/Deaver suspension up for sale a long with a few other things people may be interested in. I will post more when I know. I am on the 4th Gen, V8 4Runner train now and am looking forward to that new project. I am not sure how crazy I will go up front but hopefully if the stars align I will have some cash to do some work right away. Should be fun to have that iForce V8 under the hood!!!!

Still truckless for a while so I can't really bug about trail runs. Hope you guys are taking advantage!!!!

10. Sep 10, 2016 at 12:45 PM
    FamouzStarz

FamouzStarz The illest taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 TRD PRO
    ICON Build and then some
    Like blended I'm back on the fence about going with a bigger beast. Been looking at some tundra's 2015+ but not sure what I want.

So my 13 supercharged maybe on the market if anyone is interested.....

blendedfamily likes this.
  11. Sep 12, 2016 at 11:53 AM
    rraether

rraether Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Albuquerque
    Vehicle:
    07 tacoma 4x4 sport access cab
    debagged, windows tinted, custom NM trd sport decals, AEM bruteforce cold air intake, 13" wicked flow muffler, fox 2.5 DSC coilovers, all pro off road UCA's, fox 2.0 smoothies in rear with all pro off road expedition leaf springs, besttop softopper, first prototype of white clouds hybrid sliders!!
  12. Sep 13, 2016 at 11:23 PM
    rraether

rraether Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Albuquerque
    Vehicle:
    07 tacoma 4x4 sport access cab
    debagged, windows tinted, custom NM trd sport decals, AEM bruteforce cold air intake, 13" wicked flow muffler, fox 2.5 DSC coilovers, all pro off road UCA's, fox 2.0 smoothies in rear with all pro off road expedition leaf springs, besttop softopper, first prototype of white clouds hybrid sliders!!
    Thanks man! Yeah that green one has some nice goodies on it. I've envied that high clearance bumper of his for a couple years now. Haha.

13. Sep 14, 2016 at 7:59 AM
    MojaveMadman

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD OR
    All New Everything
    Looks like my truck isn't going to be a total. Quanz is on the job and doing the repairs. After doing some analysis and talking with the wife I will more than likely be keeping the truck about a year and maybe long term. I am leaving the Air Force in 7 months and can't afford any new debt (so I can't go out to the dealer and upgrade). I also can't afford to sell it at the now discounts price because it's a theft/repair (still clean title but dirty carfax). By the time I sell it for a loss, pay off the loan and try to buy something to replace it I will either incur more debt or end up with someones high mileage that someone else beat on for a long time.

Soooo... Baring any crazy issues when I pick the truck up or down the road I will be keeping it. Onto the repairs, I am thankful for the referrals from you guys to Quanz. They are an awesome shop and they are doing a great job right off the start. They aren't wasting any time getting stuff done and I am very happy with their communication and customer service. They sent the truck to the NAPA certified shop next door for all the mechanical inspections. They did a full engine and trans fluid flush followed by all new fluids in the entire truck, grease, serviced and replaced all filters and put a new battery in the truck. Topped it off with an alignment and they say it's in great mechanical shape.

They are starting tear down this week for the body repairs and also starting on the interior clean up and repairs. At my request they are doing the interior cleaning now to let me decide how I feel about the condition of the interior early in case of any smells or lingering stains. I have a sensitive nose so I have a feeling they will end up doing carpet and maybe seat covers. We will see how they do with that. A couple other notes is they are a truly quality shop. I was asking some loaded questions about how they paint, what is removed and what is left on the truck. They know whats up and I was very happy with the answers. Bed is coming off so they can do complete fender painting instead of blending, same with some other areas. I am very confident in their skills. They also ordered up 3 new wheels and two new BFG's for the truck. They said unless USAA wants to keep the old ones, that they will let me take them. So I might have 3 scuffed but mechanically good spare rims and two almost new spares.

Sorry for the long post, haha.

Whitecloud, TacoShell, Nickel and 4 others like this.
  14. Sep 14, 2016 at 11:48 AM
    FamouzStarz

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 TRD PRO
    ICON Build and then some
    So errked got my ac serviced at the dealer about 2-3vweeks ago haven't really drove it much and today ac is blowing hot, looked in engine bay and seen one of the caps on the low side wasn't replaced so pressure leak?

Anyhow can't get it in till next week and now I'm in for a hot drive till then fml

15. Sep 14, 2016 at 11:50 AM
    MojaveMadman

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD OR
    All New Everything
    Bummer....

FamouzStarz[QUOTED] likes this.
  16. Sep 14, 2016 at 12:02 PM
    FamouzStarz

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 TRD PRO
    ICON Build and then some
    Total bummer hot truck leather seats is no fun! Might just have to trade it in bahaha

MojaveMadman likes this.
  17. Sep 14, 2016 at 4:21 PM
    pigger

pigger Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Rio Rathole
    Vehicle:
    04 tacoma 4x4 reg cab
    Detroit True-Track rear limited slip, steering rack bushings, shell, SAF decals, Wheelers 5-leaf & Bilstein 5100's, some nice LED lights from Chris, big-ass bumpers, older-than-dirt owner
    My truck's an olde POS, but the A/C works, if you want to borrow it. :turtleride:

You would appreciate your truck more afterwards. :anonymous:

FamouzStarz[QUOTED] likes this.
  18. Sep 14, 2016 at 5:11 PM
    FamouzStarz

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 TRD PRO
    ICON Build and then some
    Ha ha hmm pigger you may have a point. It just sucks that I just got it recharged and now it's out again there was no leaks etc on inspection so not sure what they did or didn't do

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  19. Sep 14, 2016 at 6:58 PM
    FamouzStarz

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 TRD PRO
    ICON Build and then some
    Truck was in Phoenix prior to me getting it I'm guessing the ran the ac everyday lol

20. Sep 14, 2016 at 9:17 PM
    tomtom

tomtom Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Desert SW
    Vehicle:
    2012 FJ
    Something else may be going on. Lived in Tucson for the first 4 years of my 1st gen's life. Didn't have a problem with the A/C until last year when the clutch broke. Might have a seal going bad or some other reason for a slow leak.

Products Discussed in

To Top