1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Mexico Owners BS Thread

Discussion in 'South West' started by twistax, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Dec 9, 2016 at 9:00 PM
    tomtom

tomtom Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Desert SW
    Vehicle:
    2012 FJ
    I've had good experiences at Larry H Miller Toyota on Eubank and I-40. They did the timing belt on my 1st gen with no issues.

FlapJack935 likes this.
  2. Dec 12, 2016 at 10:31 AM
    roadrashchic

roadrashchic Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jessica
    boo-kay
    Vehicle:
    2015 Black TRD Sport double cab
    Engine: K&N filter CAI Suspension: KING 2.5" Rem. Res. Ext. Travel Coilover w/Comp Adj (front and rear). Total Chaos Uni-Ball UCA’s and Deaver J66 1.5" Rear Leaf Pack. Tires: 285/75/16 BFG KO2's FUEL WHEELS D525 REVOLVER MATTE BLACK AND MILLED Exterior: Pelfreybilt sliders and hybrid front bumper/skid Front-runner Roof Rack, slim-line II, bed rack, tent, and 3 INCH LED 16W FLOOD LAMPS, (mounted to the hood via rentlentless fabrication mounts.) WishList: (pending soon..) bushwacker fender flares 40" LED bar winch rear high clearance bumper bigger tent with higher bed rack
    Yeah, I decided against them, especially after I realized there were only 3 rims. hahaha.. wtf?

anyway.. whats the biggest tire size I can get on stock suspension. thinking about sticking with my stupid boring 4runner 17's. and putting BFG KO2's 265/70/R17?

I'll do a King suspension later.. most likely this summer depending on how the economy looks by then. lmao.

I just can't stand the stock low profile bullshit tires anymore on my truck... but I can't afford rims/tires/suspension all in one go.. unless I get a loan. hahaha... So I was thinking just rims and tires for now.

3. Dec 12, 2016 at 10:37 AM
    roadrashchic

Member:
    First Name:
    Jessica
    boo-kay
    Vehicle:
    Engine: K&N filter CAI Suspension: KING 2.5" Rem. Res. Ext. Travel Coilover w/Comp Adj (front and rear). Total Chaos Uni-Ball UCA’s and Deaver J66 1.5" Rear Leaf Pack. Tires: 285/75/16 BFG KO2's FUEL WHEELS D525 REVOLVER MATTE BLACK AND MILLED Exterior: Pelfreybilt sliders and hybrid front bumper/skid Front-runner Roof Rack, slim-line II, bed rack, tent, and 3 INCH LED 16W FLOOD LAMPS, (mounted to the hood via rentlentless fabrication mounts.) WishList: (pending soon..) bushwacker fender flares 40" LED bar winch rear high clearance bumper bigger tent with higher bed rack
    Also, please keep the making fun of to a minimum... my time is spent on science related research.. so my time researching truck parts is minimal :(

And I keep making impulse buys for my truck.. and I keep fucking regretting it..

I bought and installed a K&N CAI for my truck... sounds dope... I love it. and I feel the difference when I gun it...

however... my BFF in Cali, who has a single cab taco... claims she gets better MPG...

I just ran my first tank... I lost 2mpg. I usually get 17-18. I got 15.8 this time.. hahahaha... maybe because I was flooring it a lot to hear the intake... but I also don't think I was doing it more than i use to stock. (shrugs)

is there something I need to do to the ECU? programming wise? does she get better MPG because she's in a lower altitude?

am I an idiot for installing a CAI over factory intake? hahaha..

thoughts... ?

4. Dec 12, 2016 at 12:10 PM
    roadrashchic

Member:
    First Name:
    Jessica
    boo-kay
    Vehicle:
    Sorry guys didn't read your previous responses my bad... again my mind is else where :(

5. Dec 12, 2016 at 1:31 PM
    MojaveMadman

MojaveMadman Cali Raised LED

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD OR
    All New Everything
    So if you do any offroading and want to do it right this is what I do...

The size of tire and amount of lift have no correlation in regards to what size you can run. Whatever tire you run should clear at full bump and turn! I ran 285's on my 3rd Gen 4Runner and clearance the fenders out so that they cleared. They did rub a couple times when a deflated tire was in a weird angle but for the most part they never touched. What I do is take the coil off of the shock, put the shock back on and bottom out the suspension. Then I start trimming plastic and in some cases metal until there is no rub. Then it doesn't matter if I have stock lift, 2", 4" etc... They clear all the time and my expensive tires don't get damaged. The tire size and amount of commitment do increase together. For example I did have to trim my fire wall a little bit to make sure my tire cleared. I know some people don't want to deal with that or modify their truck that way. So I ask how much offroading? If this is something you are interested in I am happy to schedule you and complete the work, for a fee of course!

IMG_3134_zps7deb19c2_c4ebf973495bf1c26aedf5396172e7685a2c6467.jpg

photo25_zpsde216922_c52b097f0bf3af063e34eb3aad941cd33e37771f.jpg

6. Dec 12, 2016 at 3:05 PM
    FamouzStarz

FamouzStarz The illest taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 TRD PRO
    ICON Build and then some
    well is their a specific reason you want a king setup? you could go with some billies or a toytec boss lift and be setup pretty good and run some 285's.

impulse buys i remember the newb days :) then again your on your second taco WTF! and your just feeling the butt dyno when you get on the gas the intake does sound good but in most instances people get on it to hear it and the mpg's go out the window. if you maintain you speed and dont have a lead foot your mpg's should increase 1-2mpg if your lucky, you dont need to remap the ecu unless you getting some boost, if you remember my other black taco i had which had with intake, y-pipe, headers, exhaust, the only thing i needed was the bypass for the o2 sensor.

FOCUS!

7. Dec 12, 2016 at 6:02 PM
    roadrashchic

Member:
    First Name:
    Jessica
    boo-kay
    Vehicle:
    Lol... this may be the booze talking... but you's good people! I miss our BWW meet ups.

WildLand likes this.
  8. Dec 12, 2016 at 6:04 PM
    roadrashchic

Member:
    First Name:
    Jessica
    boo-kay
    Vehicle:
    Impulse buys because I'm trying to make up for my lack of motorcycle days

MojaveMadman likes this.
  9. Dec 12, 2016 at 6:07 PM
    roadrashchic

Member:
    First Name:
    Jessica
    boo-kay
    Vehicle:
    Wait aren't you the asshole that made me try out for the miss buck and Dex show? And I won.. but then got knocked up and fucked that morning radio show up real good

FamouzStarz[QUOTED] likes this.
  10. Dec 12, 2016 at 7:55 PM
    syswalla

syswalla Knob

Member:
    5557 ft.
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRD OR
    Hmmm...methinks there's more to this story. Please, do go on!

ChadsPride, Nickel and WildLand like this.
  11. Dec 12, 2016 at 11:03 PM
    FamouzStarz

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 TRD PRO
    ICON Build and then some
    Lmao that would be I! And I didn't force you to try out you did It willingly!

Got you some good airtime and got our tacos mentioned a few times! And that's what the morning show was kick ass not like this lame shiz on now.

Bww meets were always good to shoot the Ish but there hasn't been a meet for a bit besides the couple of runs, motorcycle days are done? Gotta play wifey n mom now lol oh well I guess that's where all the impulse buys come in.

Who would've guessed riding around on that bike was a damn neurologist lol had me fooled! Anyhow yes it is I!

roadrashchic[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Dec 13, 2016 at 9:09 AM
    roadrashchic

Member:
    First Name:
    Jessica
    boo-kay
    Vehicle:
    hahahaha... I was pretty shmammered. you were the one that told me about the competition. otherwise I would've never knew about it. I regret not participating more in that show though. it was so hard going super early in the morning, while pregnant, and doing full time upper level undergrad classes. half way through, I just stopped going :(

I say we all become overlanding buddies and go romping all over NM. COME ON!!!!!

I have a husband that drives a prius... DOES THAT NOT SAY ANYTHING!?!?! lmao...

anyway.. let's do a meet up? who's in ABQ?

13. Dec 13, 2016 at 9:14 AM
    roadrashchic

Member:
    First Name:
    Jessica
    boo-kay
    Vehicle:
    Guess what I get to install this weekend as another impulse buy!

IMG_3150.jpg

Jmad1997 and Watt maker like this.
  14. Dec 13, 2016 at 9:15 AM
    FamouzStarz

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 TRD PRO
    ICON Build and then some
    if i owned a prius this would be my thinking;

anyhow maybe all the guys will come out of hiding now that there is a active femme on the thread...meet up day when, where? i may have to call out the non-active guys again....

WildLand likes this.
  15. Dec 13, 2016 at 9:17 AM
    FamouzStarz

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 TRD PRO
    ICON Build and then some
    [​IMG]
    :facepalm:

16. Dec 13, 2016 at 9:17 AM
    roadrashchic

Member:
    First Name:
    Jessica
    boo-kay
    Vehicle:
    it'll be what a 6 year reunion? hahahah... we'll all be old and wrinkly., it'll be great!

17. Dec 13, 2016 at 9:19 AM
    FamouzStarz

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 TRD PRO
    ICON Build and then some
    6 years wtf... gosh your getting old, i guess we seen it all from when having a taco with as much chrome as possible was some what cool bahahaha

18. Dec 13, 2016 at 9:22 AM
    roadrashchic

Member:
    First Name:
    Jessica
    boo-kay
    Vehicle:
    oh so you stayed the same age in that 6 years time? lol wtf?

hater's gonna hate! Chrome?? I did not! I had a silver taco with black westin bulbar and nerfbars. and black rims. which I'm kicking myself for not keeping them...

oh I did have a "chrome" grille insert.

anywho...

this is my new goal.

1e4cab4145515c1ba99e79ad5043a128.jpg

ChadsPride, Watt maker and Nickel like this.
  19. Dec 16, 2016 at 8:37 AM
    FamouzStarz

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 TRD PRO
    ICON Build and then some
    was frozen like Han solo!

thats a nice setup almost like this one [​IMG]

20. Dec 16, 2016 at 10:15 AM
    roadrashchic

Member:
    First Name:
    Jessica
    boo-kay
    Vehicle:
    yes please!

Products Discussed in

To Top