1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Mexico Snow?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by phynyx38, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Oct 22, 2009 at 8:37 PM
    phynyx38

phynyx38 [OP] Believe

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma PreRunner
    We are going on vacation to New Mexico next week. We are going to hit up Roswell, Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and probably Taos and then Carlsbad on the way back to check out the caverns. My question is where can we take our daughter to play in the snow? We aren't looking to go skiing, but we would like to stop someplace to check out some snow. Anyone from New Mexico have any suggestions or ideas?

2. Oct 22, 2009 at 8:45 PM
    Robbsolid

Robbsolid Zombie Killer

Member:
    ABQ, N.M.
    Vehicle:
    02 PreRunner SuperWhite DBL Cab
    Plastic X'd Flares, deck plate mod, Thrush welded muffler, graphite painted wheels, relocated turn signals, fogs in bumper
    I live in albuquerque, and the only snow I see right now is at the top of the Sandia mountains, and its pretty recent. Usually this time of year the good snow is at the skii resorts. there are a bunch other guys from here on TW. you could also post this in the regional forum

3. Oct 22, 2009 at 8:46 PM
    dlthunder

dlthunder Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    Sold my Taco
    TRD Skid Plate Rear Seat 11inch DVD Toyota Bed Mat Pace Edwards Full Metal Jackrabbit Nerf Bars Tailgate Electric Dynolock D-ring Bedbolts
    Not sure about snow this time of year in NM, but my wife's family is from Carlsbad and the caverns should be a good time.

4. Oct 22, 2009 at 8:49 PM
    phynyx38

phynyx38 [OP] Believe

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma PreRunner
    Thanks for the fast reply and the info. We are planning on hitting up the Sandia Peak tram so hopefully we get a chance to check out some snow.

5. Oct 22, 2009 at 8:51 PM
    phynyx38

phynyx38 [OP] Believe

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma PreRunner
    Ya we are looking forward to checking out the caverns, I was checking out the national parks website and the caverns look awesome.

6. Oct 22, 2009 at 10:09 PM
    dlthunder

dlthunder Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    Sold my Taco
    TRD Skid Plate Rear Seat 11inch DVD Toyota Bed Mat Pace Edwards Full Metal Jackrabbit Nerf Bars Tailgate Electric Dynolock D-ring Bedbolts
    I think it is too late in the year but my kids really like the bat flights.

7. Dec 1, 2009 at 8:55 AM
    Death_Stalker

Death_Stalker " The Master Ninja"

Member:
    First Name:
    Talha
    Cypress, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010 4Runner Trail Premium
    haha i took a surpise road trip to Santa Fe NM last year not knowing it snows there when i get there all i see is white ... i wish i had my tacoma with me at that time ...

8. Dec 1, 2009 at 9:06 AM
    BirdTRD

BirdTRD Unsuspectingly striking from above

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...
    Down in the SW corner, your best bet would be to get up to Ruidoso. ABQ, best bet is Sandia (the tram should get you into some). Santa Fe and Taos you could get into some snow probably at Angel Fire or Taos ski valley. I was in Taos for Thanksgiving. We took the kids sledding about an hour west of Taos on Hwy 64 near the continental divide. The farther you go up, the deeper it gets. The north facing slopes had about a foot of good stuff for the kids to play in.

To Top