1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New mod and a problem....

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SurfInferno, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Mar 5, 2010 at 4:53 PM
    SurfInferno

SurfInferno [OP] Dont be stupid, its not smart.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Vehicle:
    2015 trd offroad
    So i made bench seats for my bed. I made them fit in the slots in the front and back they are pretty sweet. (ill take pics when i put them back in after the rain)

Now for the problem...So as i started getting a migraine the other day i realized ahh crap i forgot my meds. So i raced home and i took the short way which i just roll up on this dirt/gravel path below my house. Ran up got my meds and had to run back down to get my truck.

As i go to reverse (manual trans) i let off the clutch give it gas and it just wines. Tires didnt move, nothin. So i though ok well that was weird maybe it wasnt in gear, so i go to do it again same thing happens. And thank God almighty the turning radius on these trucks are God like because i was just barely able to turn it around and get er going.
    Then last night the same thing happened trying to reverse on a paved road. :confused::confused::confused:

Any ideas on what this might be? I have the warranty so if its the trans (which im thinking it is) it should be covered.

2. Mar 5, 2010 at 4:57 PM
    DDD

DDD Shine bright like a hymen

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 DC 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    So, it feels as if the trans is not in gear, or does it feel like its in gear but lacking power?

3. Mar 6, 2010 at 12:13 AM
    SurfInferno

SurfInferno [OP] Dont be stupid, its not smart.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Vehicle:
    2015 trd offroad
    it feels like its in gear but lacking power

To Top