1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New noise in steering after accident repair.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mb09, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Apr 30, 2011 at 8:52 AM
    mb09

mb09 [OP] Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    '07 CC LB
    So my 2007 DC LB got smacked in driverside front wheel/fender by girl illegally turning left while I was making a left turn. She took out the fender, rim, top a-arm, headlight and steering rack. After some "work" with the collision center to get things "right" again or at least as close as they will ever be, again) I find that I have an odd sound coming from the passenger-side front of the engine compartment.

After I start the truck and when it is initially moved (within the first few seconds/minute) and i am turning, I can hear a low groan. It is sounds similar to a tire rubbing an a-arm/frame but softer and more quiet. It is not constant, maybe happens one or two times, then I can't hear it for the remainder of drive. Could it be a flow issue with new rack? The steering is a bit funky- at times seems overboosted and pulling. THis could be a bad alignment I suppose, making tires track on imperfections and trenches in road (I70 thru the Mountains of CO took a hard hit this winter, nevermind our failing infrastructure).

Any thoughts? Thanks

2. Apr 30, 2011 at 9:05 AM
    BFA

BFA Nuttier than squirrel shit.

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2003 3.4 4x4 5spd
    yeah jsut keep taking it back till its right, unfortunately that means more time till you get your truck back but it will be worth it once they finally figure out all the kinks

Products Discussed in

To Top