1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New or Used? Can't decide

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by dcwhite19, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Oct 29, 2010 at 10:39 AM
    fatsac

fatsac Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Millbury, MA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma DC Offroad
    Katz Leather, heated seats, Tint, KN Filter, OME 887, Camburg UCA, Dakar packs, 17x9 XD, 295/70 Toyo MT w cab mount chop, fender massage, Weathertechs, Black PC steps, skidplate, 2012 grill, Bushwacker painted flares, Nearly every TSB you can think of, TRD quickshift, All-Pro front w/ Skids, 9k winch, Tonneau cover, voodoo tailgate cap...
    Tough call.
    I financed on 0% interest, so new made sense at the time. Had I bought this truck now, only to find out all the TSB issues were no longer under warranty, I'd be pissed.

2. Oct 29, 2010 at 11:04 AM
    DriverSound

DriverSound Señor Member

Member:
    SoCaca
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR 4x4
    Too few to list.
    I don't think the dealer was telling you BS. You do need to finance at least $5K for it to be considered as an "auto" loan for most banks so I would think TMCC would also go by those rules. I suggest you go finance the $5K and when you get the first bill, just pay it off.

Btw, new vs used. Like most people say, used price is just a tad under a new one. I traded in an 09 that I bought for $28K and now it's listed at the dealership with an asking price of $27,995.

3. Oct 29, 2010 at 11:12 AM
    dcwhite19

dcwhite19 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC TRD Offroad
    TC UCA, 5100's w/ Eibach Coils, 285/70-17 Duratracs, ProComp 7089's, Debadged, Color-Matched Grill w/ GrillCraft, Hella Black Magics behind grill, Metal Miller Horns, Dice Ipod Interface
    I'm believe he is telling me the truth, its just the point that he didnt tell me this from the begining.

Products Discussed in

To Top