1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New owner help needed!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Lkitesplit, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Jan 29, 2012 at 8:43 PM
    Lkitesplit

Lkitesplit [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport - Black
    I just bought a 2012 TRD Sport and the spare tire is missing. I notified the dealer and they said that they were going to get me a new one. The problem s that I don't know what else is missing. I also didn't get the 7 pin trailer adapter plug or the cargo net. I'm not sure if I was supposed to get those or not. I also have seen other 12 TRD's on here with a chrome exhause tip. Is that stock on the 12 model? Also, is the TRD supposed to come with all weather floor mate?

Please help so I don't look like a complete nut when I go back to the dealer.

Thanks

2. Jan 29, 2012 at 9:09 PM
    Fractured

Fractured FPS-a-holic

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    NOR*Cal
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM DCSB 4x4
    TRD wheels, TRD cat back exhaust, ScanGauge 2, Debadged, Avid sliders, UWS bed box w/automatic LED light, Led Interior/Reverse/Lic. Plate lights, Yellow Fogs, Flyzeye Light, Color matched grill, Rearview mirror relocate bracket, Power Sliding rear window, Plasti-dipped bumper/"T" emblem
    Floor mats/cargo nets are an option.
    Do you still have your window sticker? That will tell you a lot of what you paid for when you bought the truck.
    Do you have the tow package?

3. Jan 29, 2012 at 9:23 PM
    DIVERMAN

DIVERMAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cullen
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite Mica 4x4 TRD O/R SWB
    Tailgate theft prevention, Locking rear window, Blind spot mirrors, Fogs on anytime, Rear diff breather relocated, Bed storage locks, LEDs in/out, Relocated trailer plug(custom!), OEM bed mat, OEM running boards, OEM bed divider, Bed lights, Rev lights, Raptor lights, WeatherTech floor mats and window vents, Extra D-rings, ImMrYo Bracket, UWS low pro black toolbox, Carhartt seat covers,
    should have gotten the cargo nets. doesn't come with the 7-pin adapter.

4. Jan 29, 2012 at 9:26 PM
    Utard

Utard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Nyssa, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC LB 4WD TRD SPORT NAVI
    ------------------------------------------------------------ Stabilus.EZDown.Tailgate http://www.ezdown.com/home.php ----------------------------------------------- Tekonsha.Primus.IQ.Trailer.brake http://www.tekonsha.com/content/default.aspx---------------------------------------------------------------- Leer 180 CC http://www.leer.com/Truck-Caps#------------------------------------------------ Firestone Air Rite Air Bags--------------------------------------Kargomaster Rack
    Mine came with 2 small cargo nets for inside the truck. I found them under the back seat in the storage next to the jack. You should check if you got a jack.

5. Jan 29, 2012 at 9:27 PM
    Tigahshark

Tigahshark Senior NEWBIE

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    On a volcano, literally!
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD off road 4X4
    Tint Weathertech floor liner, weathertech window visor Roll n lock tonneau cover Rubber bed mat Smoked license plate covers
  6. Jan 29, 2012 at 9:32 PM
    Fractured

Fractured FPS-a-holic

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    NOR*Cal
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM DCSB 4x4
    TRD wheels, TRD cat back exhaust, ScanGauge 2, Debadged, Avid sliders, UWS bed box w/automatic LED light, Led Interior/Reverse/Lic. Plate lights, Yellow Fogs, Flyzeye Light, Color matched grill, Rearview mirror relocate bracket, Power Sliding rear window, Plasti-dipped bumper/"T" emblem

He never told us if it was a Reg. Cab, ext. cab, or double cab. I have that very small net as well.

7. Jan 29, 2012 at 10:11 PM
    stewartx

stewartx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver DC SB TRD Off-Road
    Winch, front hitch, step bars, bed extender, bed step, gull-wing toolbox, tailgate lock, security system, cb radio, etc.
    Looked everywhere, but my truck did not come with the two, small, cargo nets you speak of (for use in center console and behind rear seat). However, after reading about them in another thread, stopped by dealer to see what he had to say. Was told the nets are not included, but could be purchased separately from the parts department.

At this point, don't know what to think or do - forget about it, buy them, or make a fuss. Are they useful enough to buy or fuss about? I'd probably use the one for the center console.

8. Jan 29, 2012 at 11:59 PM
    ziggynagy

ziggynagy All Glory To The Hypnotoad

Member:
    Stoughton, MA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Sport AC 4x4 V6 Auto Tow
    Westin step bars, led dome & map lights, tailgate hoseclamp, BluLogic, MetalMiller emblem, 35 tinted front windows, extra OEM d-rings, WeatherTech front/rear
    OP, do you still have the window sticker? Should clear up any confusion as to what's included...

9. Jan 30, 2012 at 12:28 AM
    ouyin2000

ouyin2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Arlington, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
    That is an absolute load of garbage. I freaking hate it when a dealer tries to squeeze every last penny out of you for stupid little things like this. Under that principle, I personally would make the biggest fuss I could. I would go so far as to threaten writing to the media and state/provincial officials.

10. Jan 30, 2012 at 5:17 AM
    Lkitesplit

Lkitesplit [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport - Black
    It's a double cab TRD. I have the window sticker but it doesn't Say anything about the cargo nets. However, the owners manual does say that they are factory supplied. It does have the tow package and the window sticker says tow package with adapter. I'm assuming that the adapter they are referring to is the 7 pin to 4 pin. I'm also not sure about the exhaust tip. Nothing on the sticker about it. I have seen other 2012 trd's with it though and didn't know if that was a stock option for the package or an extra.

11. Jan 30, 2012 at 5:21 AM
    WoadWunner

WoadWunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Bridgetown, Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD
    Tonneau Cover, extended tailgate, Devils Horns, Custom Shift Knob UltraGauge
    Go on Toyota's internet site. It will tell you everything that should be in your truck.

Also congrats on the new truck.:)

12. Jan 30, 2012 at 6:17 AM
    classic42

classic42 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    14 Baja AC
    The exhaust tip is an option. If it's not on the window sticker, it didn't come with it. As far as the other items, raise some cane with your dealer and get what you paid for. I'd check it over good and make sure there isn't anything else missing...jack, tools, etc.

13. Jan 30, 2012 at 7:12 AM
    Lkitesplit

Lkitesplit [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport - Black
    Thanks for all the help!

14. Jan 30, 2012 at 9:10 AM
    ouyin2000

ouyin2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Arlington, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
    You have the tow package, so yes, there should be a 7-4 pin connector. Mine came with it. Also, there should be a plug for the backup camera so when you take off the tailgate, you don't get dirt in the connector for it. Check in all the little cubby holes in your truck. I found all of my parts and pieces underneath the rear passenger seat, where the jack is stored. But check behind the rear seats too.

Personally though, I'm thinking you've just been ripped off by the dealer. I can understand why they would remove such items, including the spare tire (thiefs in the lot) but to blatently tell you that such items (nets) are not included and then to have the utter gall to charge you for those items, is a load of crap!!

15. Jan 30, 2012 at 2:39 PM
    pappabear

pappabear Active Member

Member:
    S.W. Pa
    Vehicle:
    2012 dc,v6,at,off road, towing package
    I called my dealer today about the cargo nets also. He said he has never seen them in a truck, and they aren't listed on the window sticker either. I sent Toyota a email, and asked them about the nets. Still waiting on a reply.

16. Jan 30, 2012 at 3:02 PM
    Palooka

Palooka Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Calgary, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    Magnaflow Cat-Back exhaust, K&N cold air intake, URD short shifter, 2" Tuff Country lift kit.
    Return the truck and buy from a new dealership... The spare tire missing alone would be cause for me to use the right to return within 30 days. Sounds like a shady operation.

17. Jan 30, 2012 at 5:03 PM
    maineah

maineah Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    4X4 SR5 V6 6spd
    My 2011 did not have any of the above I think the adapter they are talking about is for your trailer lighting and is part of the tow package wiring. I got the little plug for the camera and a trailer brake wiring harness no 7 to 4 wire adapter it did have a spare tire though. The Toyota site and the dealers book do not match it is very confusing as to what you do and do not get with each package but as every one says check the build sticker. The exhaust tip is and option an expensive one. I would not worry about the spare they are very easy to steal and if the dealer is giving you one it's no big deal I'm sure their lots get hit all the time.

To Top