1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Owner with Old Questions: Cap, Seat Riser+ Flashing

Discussion in 'Ontario, Canada' started by HamrMark, Apr 19, 2023.

1. Apr 19, 2023 at 9:17 AM
    HamrMark

HamrMark [OP] Member

Member:
    Ontario CANADA
    Vehicle:
    '23 TRD OR
    Hey Guys,

I did a search, and couldn't find what I was looking for. And I figured I would ask local people due to our particular market, exchange rate, and weather.
    Truck is a '23 black base OR/SB
    Truck caps: looking for a hard shell cap. Does not need top racks. On the fence about "windoors". Don't need a front sliding window. Needs to be lockable. Main use would be for securely hauling camping/hunting gear. Anyone have any recommendations around the Golden Horseshoe area of Ontario? I went to action a couple of weeks ago, and they quoted around $3000, 4-6 week wait for their branded cap...
    Seat risers? Worth the money? 5'10, and I'm already hitting the steering wheel getting in. Anyone local to Hamilton that has them installed that would let me try (just sit, not drive) them out.
    Flashing: how long should I wait before I flash the car? (goes out to driveway and lifts shirt at truck). The truck has about 550kms, so it's not even broken in yet. Yotatune (think that's right) is doing them in Burlington in the near future.

TIA for any and all help.

2. Apr 19, 2023 at 10:46 AM
    MaverickT883

MaverickT883 Paintless

Member:
    First Name:
    Maverick
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma TRD Off-road Access Cab
    Check build thread!
    https://thetrucktoppers.ca/

These guys are in ST. Catherine’s and I’ve heard good things.

I tuned my truck right at 2k Km. Just hit 100k and not an issue. Yotatune are awesome dudes.

I’m 6 1 and haven’t ever felt the need for seat risers, but I’m sure someone’s got them.

Qbrute and HamrMark[OP] like this.
  3. Apr 19, 2023 at 11:26 AM
    3JOH22A

3JOH22A Toyota Gigolo

Member:
    District 6ix
    Vehicle:
    3G Tacoma on 35"s, 5G 4Runner
    I'm 6'0 and I like the stock seat position as-is. You can always try it out by loosening the two front seat bracket bolts and shoving some 1" thick material (like a piece of wood) between the seat bracket and the floor to simulate a seat riser.

You can flash a tune at any time and still observe the break-in period precautions as described in the owner's manual.

HamrMark[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  4. Apr 20, 2023 at 4:01 PM
    Saturnine

Saturnine YVAN EHT NIOJ

Member:
    First Name:
    Dar C
    North of the wall
    Vehicle:
    TRD go brrrr
    All the mods
    I think so. I'm the same height and have them installed in Hamilton. You're welcome to try them out. Or come out to the trucks and coffee next weekend

HamrMark[QUOTED][OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top