1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Purchase Thoughts and Opinions

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Cypherian, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Jun 7, 2011 at 8:12 AM
    Cypherian

Cypherian [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mid Atlantic Region
    Vehicle:
    2011 Dbl Cab TRD Sport
    Hello All,

As I said before I do not own a Taco yet! But I am in the market and doing my research. I have settled so far on V6 4x4 Double Cab short bed, Silver Mica ( I am done with black trucks to much work) I want to get this package:

TRD Sport Extra Value Package with Additional Options $3,510
    • (DZ) AM/FM 6-disc in-dash CD changer, MP3/WMA playback capability, auxiliary audio jack, satellite radio capability[6], six speakers including two ceiling-mounted speakers, satellite radio receiver prewire and antenna
    • (FE) 50 state emissions
    • (PY) TRD Sport Extra Value Package: Sport Suspension with Bilstein Shocks, 17" Alloy Wheels with P265/65R17 Tires, Hood Scoop, Color-Keyed Grille Surround/Bumpers/Door Handles/Overfenders, Smoked Headlamp Trim, Sliding Rear Window with Privacy Glass, 115V/400W Deck Powerpoint, Fog Lamps, Remote Keyless Entry, Cruise Control, Variable Speed Wipers, Overhead Console with Compass & Temperature Gauge, Sport Seats with Driver Lumbar Support and Sport Fabric Trim in place of Standard Bucket Seats (passenger-side fold-flat feature delete), Metallic-Tone Instrument Panel Trim, Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel with Audio Controls & Shifter, Dual Sunvisors with Mirrors & Extenders, Tailgate-handle integrated backup camera [1] linked with an auto-dimming mirror with monitor [1], TRD Sport Graphics
    • (TO) V6 Tow Package: Class 4 Hitch, Transmission and Supplemental Oil Coolers, 130A Alternator, Heavy-Duty Battery, 7-Pin Connector with Converter
    Which pretty much covers everything I need and lol want, I am not a rock crawler or mudder need the 4x4 for getting to and from work. As where I live in the winter they umm have no clue how to plow. I get off road some but only for work and where I live highest point is maybe 12' above sea level LOL. I do however go home to Maine in the winter.

The only MODS/ add-ons I think I will be doing LOL albeit slowly in order of importance and cost:

Debadge ( Before it leaves the lot )
    Rear End Vent Extension
    Anti Theft Tail Gate
    WeatherTech Window Guards
    WeatherTech Floor Mats
    Tint Windows
    Cap W/ Roof Racks
    Strut Assist Lift For Hood
    Gauge Pod
    Small lift ( I am used to full size trucks and have a RAV4 cant tell you how many times I have smacked my head getting in).
    ARB Front ( With Winch ) and Rear Bumpers.

I have two Brand new Amps 400 and 200 watts thinking of using one for a sub but not really a stereo guy so have to figure out what to do with those.

Feel free to suggest / recommend cost efficent mods etc I am very mechanically inclined lol. Bear in mind though it will only be off road when I have to.

Cypherian

2. Jun 7, 2011 at 8:52 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T Did you get your precious photos ?

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Sounds good OP

If you plan on the ARB bumper and winch , you might want to look into the OME lift kit with the 886 coils which are designed for the weight you would be adding to the front .

That set up would net you approx 3" of lift

The Dakar leaf pack , which is part of the full OME kit will help you with the additional weight of a full time cap , they lift the rear 2 3/4"

I have the Leer RCC cap with the commercial roof rack system , I am very happy with it .

There are pics of these set ups on my truck here ( I have the OME kit but 885's , due to the fact I am going with an aluminum front bumper )

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3097582

3. Jun 7, 2011 at 8:54 AM
    whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM TRD OR 4wd Auto DCSB
    Banks Monster Exhaust, Pop n Lock tailgate lock, Hook-Ups tie down brackets, USA Spec Ipod adaptor, WO seat covers, color matched grill with Grillcraft insert, Tuffy locking bed box
    Good to go.

To Top