1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Satellite Radio Location. What Do Ya Think?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Cars0n`, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Nov 29, 2009 at 4:33 PM
    Cars0n`

Cars0n` [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carson
    Edmonton AB
    Vehicle:
    07 2wd access cab base.
    Kenwood DDX-512 Deck, Boston Acoustics G5 Sub in Ported Bassworx Box, Kenwood eXcelon KAC-X10D Amp, Sirius Satellite Radio, Magellan GPS, DDM 55w bi-xenon headlights, 2 HID Hella 500ff's mounted behind grill, 4 pc ebay Billet grill, Fog Lights (my truck didnt have them stock), Pioneer Speakers 6x9's(front) 6.5's(rear) AFE Cold Air Intake, Hose Clamp Mod, Tailgate Strengthen Mod, Removed Gay Mud Flaps, De-Badged, BHLM, 245/45/20 on velocity wheels. VW865a, Extra D Rings In Box, OEM Cruise Added Optima Red Top Battery
    the antenna was broken for my sat radio so i figured i would move it at the same time that i had to replace the antenna. i didnt really like the position it was in, it effected the vision out of the rear view mirror and the bracket i made was really flimsy so it kept bouncing and shaking around.

[​IMG]

i didnt want to put it in the storage space like i have seen others do because i use that compartment a lot so i moved it down here. i find it looks cleaner and more functional.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2016
  2. Nov 29, 2009 at 4:38 PM
    Cars0n`

Member:
    First Name:
    Carson
    Edmonton AB
    Vehicle:
    07 2wd access cab base.
    Kenwood DDX-512 Deck, Boston Acoustics G5 Sub in Ported Bassworx Box, Kenwood eXcelon KAC-X10D Amp, Sirius Satellite Radio, Magellan GPS, DDM 55w bi-xenon headlights, 2 HID Hella 500ff's mounted behind grill, 4 pc ebay Billet grill, Fog Lights (my truck didnt have them stock), Pioneer Speakers 6x9's(front) 6.5's(rear) AFE Cold Air Intake, Hose Clamp Mod, Tailgate Strengthen Mod, Removed Gay Mud Flaps, De-Badged, BHLM, 245/45/20 on velocity wheels. VW865a, Extra D Rings In Box, OEM Cruise Added Optima Red Top Battery
    hold on a sec i gotta fix these pictures

edit: ok thats better

what do you guys thing of the move better worse or dont care for either?

3. Nov 29, 2009 at 4:41 PM
    AK27

AK27 Well-Known Member

Member:
    thats where i have mine mounted! :woot:

4. Nov 29, 2009 at 5:05 PM
    Tony D

Tony D Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Can you not get a direct plug in module for your screen? I can't tell what model it is from the pic.. anyways, I like the upper location 1000$ better.. Can you take a better pic of the mount etc up there

5. Nov 29, 2009 at 5:13 PM
    Cars0n`

Member:
    First Name:
    Carson
    Edmonton AB
    Vehicle:
    07 2wd access cab base.
    i could but its really expensive to get the sirius module for my deck and sorry thats the only pic i had of it seeing as it is no longer mounted up there.

i had to cut one of the plastic rivets on the front compartment of the overhead console and that allowed me to get that door out, then i bent a thin piece of tin to the same shape as the inside of that overhead compartment and screwed it into the plastic and put the door back on. and ran the wires up and along the top of the windsheild/headliner.

6. Nov 29, 2009 at 5:13 PM
    Tony D

Tony D Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Module shouldn't be that expensive? What mode deck is it?

7. Nov 29, 2009 at 5:15 PM
    Cars0n`

Member:
    First Name:
    Carson
    Edmonton AB
    Vehicle:
    07 2wd access cab base.
    ddx 512

i didnt really look into it but i figured it was more expensive and not worth it

8. Nov 29, 2009 at 5:20 PM
    jaroyota

jaroyota Member

Member:
    SeVA
    Vehicle:
    2008 PreRunner Rugged Trail
    Grille emblem painted black, Sirius radio, OEM door sills, OEM bed mat, debadged, In Channel Vent Visors, MOERSE LEKKER lock/unlock chirp, disabled seatbelt warning,Hunter bumper guard, modified factory skidplate, BakFlip G2, AFE Cold Air Intake, shorty antenna, custom SockMonkey decal, Pop-n-Lock, Eagle Eye headlights...
    Got mine in the same place.

DSCF7191.jpg

9. Nov 29, 2009 at 5:24 PM
    Tony D

Tony D Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    I think it's the Ken-SC1 module.. probably get one used or off ebay for about $50.. then there is nothing stuck on your dash, better sq etc

10. Nov 29, 2009 at 5:50 PM
    Cars0n`

Member:
    First Name:
    Carson
    Edmonton AB
    Vehicle:
    07 2wd access cab base.
    true true. if this radio dies ill go that route definately. ;)

To Top