1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New seat belt?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by SmokeyDP, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Aug 1, 2010 at 10:25 AM
    SmokeyDP

SmokeyDP [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Somerville, NJ
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma
    I need to replace the drivers side seat belt in my 2003 Double Cab. I looked online but only found black ones for some reason. Are they hard to replace if I picked a new one up at the dealership? Someone said the dealer might just replace it for free because some manufacturers do that with seat belts but its a 03 with 150k on it.

2. Aug 1, 2010 at 12:14 PM
    RAT PRODUCTS

RAT PRODUCTS RAT Products

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    2016 Sierra Denali
    Check here for seat belts. Should be cheaper. It's pretty easy to get off, bolt on the floor and you have to take off the panel to get to the reel.

3. Aug 1, 2010 at 12:19 PM
    97_tacoma

97_tacoma Member

Member:
    I used to have a 91 Nissan pickup with around 150,000 miles and the seat belts would sometimes release by themselves. I went to the Nissan dealership to buy new seat belts and they told me there was a lifetime warranty on them. They installed all new seat belts and buckles for free.

My sister has a 99 Toyota Camry and one of her buckle started acting up. She asked Toyota if there is a lifetime warranty on seat belts and they said there isn't.

If I were you, I would ask a Toyota dealership if there is a lifetime warranty. If not, www.toyotapartsales.com usually has pretty good prices on oem parts.

4. Aug 1, 2010 at 1:03 PM
    SmokeyDP

SmokeyDP [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Somerville, NJ
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma
    I figured it was as easy as a bolt or two but wasn't sure if there were any issues with the air bag system. Toyota told me I was SOL with my 97 and they wouldn't cover them but I'll give them a call on Monday.

I found these two part numbers. I guess the grey interior is actually charcoal?
    73220‑04151‑B0 CHARCOAL, TRIM1*
    73220‑04151‑E0 OAK, TRIM4*

5. Aug 1, 2010 at 2:29 PM
    Beeson

Beeson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    '96 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    33" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 15" Unique Steelie rims, Allpro wheel spacers, Heavy Old Man Emu coils, struts, shocks, leaf springs, Daystar 1" spacer, Camburg UCAs, 1" diff drop, NO sway bar, Allpro sliders, Allpro Rear bumper, Bushwacker fender flares, Tire Gate with spare, ARB Deluxe bumper with Hella 700s and 100w bulbs, 100w lights under frame pointed at tires, 50w lights on bumper for reverse, K&N Drycharger with cover, Flowmaster cat-back with custom 2-out exhast, DeeZee tool box, Huskey Liners, 5% window tint, JVC iPhone/CB compatable deck, Bazooka sub, sony speakers, Uniden CB w/4 ft. anntenna, Dixie Horn.
    95-04 Tacoma seat belts suck, all the Tacomas of these years I've ever seen with over like 150,000 miles on them have the driver/passenger seat belts sagging and hanging and you have to manually feed them back in to start, then they will roll back up like they should. It would be awesome to know if there is some kind of warranty on them. There should be, I honestly feel like mine might be next to useless if I really needed them...

To Top