1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Sony head unit goes in tomorrow. Can't wait

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Black Sheep, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Nov 12, 2010 at 7:51 PM
    Black Sheep

Black Sheep [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black Dbl Cab TRD T/X Pro
    6" Pro Comp Suspension lift with Pro Comp leveling kit, Bilstein 5100's, Full leather interior with seat heaters, Go Rhino step bars, Sony XNV-770BT Head Unit with NAV, DVD, XM and Blutooth, Tonopro toneau cover, Tinted windows, Black mesh grille, Projector headlights with HID lows, HID fogs, Crystal Eyes rear LED taillights, Weathertech mats front and rear
    I drop off my truck in the morning to have my new Sony head unit installed. I get my XM back along with the bluetooth. Also getting a remote starter installed. That will help out with the cold Western PA winters. Now all we need is some cold weather and deep snow. I want to play with the new truck in the snow.

Installed and love it.

IMG_2181.jpg
    IMG_2182.jpg
    IMG_2183.jpg

2. Nov 12, 2010 at 7:53 PM
    mwinslow

mwinslow Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma sport
    UVS VentShades, Line X'd UWS Low Pro tool box, Spring TSB
    how much was your remote start? if you dont mind me askin

3. Nov 12, 2010 at 7:54 PM
    Tacomanator

Tacomanator Boiling denim and bangin whores

Member:
    First Name:
    Clam Slammer
    Southern Cali
    King 2.5" extended travel coilovers with compression adjusters, Camburg UCA's, King 2.5" rear shocks, TRD 1st gen CAI.
  4. Nov 12, 2010 at 7:55 PM
    Forster46

Forster46 Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    I have the same question, I am looking into remote start as well. Also, what model headunit? I am looking at new ones.

5. Nov 12, 2010 at 8:16 PM
    Black Sheep

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    6" Pro Comp Suspension lift with Pro Comp leveling kit, Bilstein 5100's, Full leather interior with seat heaters, Go Rhino step bars, Sony XNV-770BT Head Unit with NAV, DVD, XM and Blutooth, Tonopro toneau cover, Tinted windows, Black mesh grille, Projector headlights with HID lows, HID fogs, Crystal Eyes rear LED taillights, Weathertech mats front and rear
    The head unit is the new Sony XNV-770BT.
    http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs..._dim_search=&keyword=Sony+XNV-770BT&x=13&y=10

I paid $279 for the remote starter installed. The starter was $219 and the module for the chipped key was $60. That was the installed price.
    Starter
    http://www.mobile.audiovox.com/prestige/remotestartsystems/?sku=APS57A

Total is $1858 for everything installed. That is everything. Theya re even going to install a USB port in the free button under the heater/AC controls. I can upload music to head unit and use for charging also.

6. Nov 14, 2010 at 2:13 AM
    penguins_cc

penguins_cc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    Perkins Performance Sliders, Warn 9000, Brute Force Fab front & rear bumper, OME/Dakar lift, full ATO skids and hi-lift mount, satoshi, Wet Okoles, illuminated 4x4 switch, Diff Breather.
    That is a super pimp HU. Good work on your choices. Interested in what you think of the nav system's perfomance.

7. Nov 14, 2010 at 7:14 AM
    Black Sheep

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    I got it all in yesterday. I love how it looks and sounds. The screen is fantastic and playing a DVD is amaizing for suck a small screen. I put the first dvd,that I could grab in the house, in the truck. It was Transformers, revenge of the fallen. It felt like the Autobots and Decepticons were doing battle in my back seat.
    Now it goes back in on Wednesday to finish everything. The steering wheel controls, USB port and hook up the XM. They didn't have enough time to finish on Saturday.:( The new software to make the head unit "talk" to the xm receiver was not updated online. That will all be done on Wednesday. The remote is pretty cool too.

I went out to the truck after dark and turned the dvd on. Everything else was dark but the screen. That looked like a mini drive-in in my driveway.:D

8. Nov 14, 2010 at 7:24 AM

747 function > form

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen.
    Sounds like a sick set-up...:popcorn: for pics.

9. Nov 14, 2010 at 7:36 AM
    Black Sheep

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    I just went out and took these.

IMG_2183.jpg
    IMG_2182.jpg
    IMG_2181.jpg

10. Nov 14, 2010 at 7:43 AM
    Black Sheep

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    I wasn't looking for a pimp ride look. I wanted it for the XM and blutooth. The other features are a very cool added bonus. I looked at the Chevy Silverado before I got my Tacoma. The Chevy was going to have the in-dash nav/dvd set-up along with blutooth also. But, that Chevy was stickering at over $47K. I did not want to spend almost $50K on a truck so I decided on the Tacoma and am very happy for it. With the addition of this unit and the leather and sunroom to come very soon, I will be in a truck that I believe that will be better than the Silverado for a long time to come.

11. Nov 14, 2010 at 7:58 AM
    trd7

trd7 4wd tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Columbia, SC
    Vehicle:
    95.5 Tacoma 4x4 4cyl auto
    AEM air intake
    nice head unit!

To Top