1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NEW! SS3 LED Pods for Toyota Tacomas! | Diode Dynamics

Discussion in 'Diode Dynamics' started by Diode Dynamics, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Dec 3, 2019 at 2:04 PM
    Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics [OP] Automotive Lighting Experts Vendor

Member:
    St. Louis, Missouri
    [​IMG]

Diode Dynamics is pleased to offer our new USA-made SS3 LED Pods!

https://youtu.be/sipi34x6la0

Introducing Diode Dynamics new SS3 3” LED Pods! Featuring higher output intensity than any other 3” LED pod on the market, our LED pods have been designed for maximum light output, with custom-engineered TIR optics shining in highly functional beam patterns, all in a compact, durable package.

[​IMG]

Focused: Most LED pods on the market, even certain premium options, use outdated technology like reflectors or simple lenses that lose light internally and to glare. By comparison, our custom-engineered TIR optic in the SS3 collects all of the light from the LED, drastically reducing wasted light and improving total efficiency.

[​IMG]

While these outdated optics lose up to 10% of the light output shining through an outer lens, the SS3’s custom-molded TIR optic functions as both the optic and the main lens, dramatically increasing the amount of usable light output.

Functional Patterns: All SS3 LED Pod beam pattern options were designed with optical simulation modeling, to shape the light output in a highly-functional beam pattern. No matter what your auxiliary lighting needs are, there is an SS3 LED Pod for you!
    • Our SAE Driving optic is designed to supplement your high beams, but it’s great for improving general illumination as well. Rather than a typical "spot" pattern, the Stage Series Driving pattern shines in an 18x8 degree spread, providing just enough width to completely light up the road ahead at high speeds.
    • Our SAE Fog optic provides an extremely wide field of illumination, with high-intensity light output over an entire 80-degree spread. It serves as a great upgrade for any factory foglamp, and will fully illuminate the area in front of your vehicle. Choose your output color of 6000K cool white or 3000K selective yellow, which is popular for cutting through inclement weather.
    • The Flood optic was engineered to provide uniform, even illumination with a full 60x60 degree spread of light. Unlike typical "flood" lights that are just a heavily diffused spotlight, our flood pattern uses pillow optics on the outer lens surface, to provide a true optically designed spread, for even illumination throughout. It’s the perfect optic for use as a backup light, lighting up tight trails at low speeds, or for loading trailers and setting up worksites.
    • Finally, our Spot optic is an unmodified pattern, shining light directly from the TIR optic. The result is an extremely focused 6-degree beam of light, perfect for directing light far into the distance. With an incredible output of 151,000 candela, the SS3 Sport shines a half-mile away (¼ lux), from a compact 3-inch package!
    [​IMG]

Not just off road! When installed as a pair and aimed in accordance with your state's regulations, the Driving White pattern meets SAE J581 standard as a Driving/Auxiliary High Beam Light, and the Fog pattern meets SAE J583 standard as a Foglamp, for legal on-road use*.

*Please check your local laws and regulations for aiming, installation, and applicability.

[​IMG]

White or Yellow: Our SS3 LED Pods are available in your choice of 6000K cool white or 3000K selective yellow. The white is a 6000K color temperature, which is a true white output, without any blue, and is a perfect match for most OEM LED lights. The selective yellow is a 3000K color temperature, great for high contrast in poor weather or a totally unique look on the road.

[​IMG]

Sport or Pro: Stage Series LED Pods are available at two different power levels. Both the Sport and Pro options use high-intensity LED emitters, and TIR optics for unmatched focus and overall output. However, the Pro option is double the amount of total power!

Simple Installation: All SS3 LED Pods feature a custom-molded DT type Deutsch-style connector on the back, and come with a 6-inch pigtail with bare leads. For installation, you can wire the SS3 yourself, use an off-the-shelf Deutsch DT sized wire harness, or select an optional Diode Dynamics wire harness. Our Light Duty Dual Output Harness can be used to power up to two SS3 LED Pods. If you are looking to install more than two SS3 pods, we recommend using our Heavy Duty Dual Output Harness along with a Deutsch DT Splitter.

[​IMG]

Proven Reliability: Our SS3 LED Pods have been extensively tested for long-term operation from -40 to 185 degrees F, along with vibration, moisture intrusion, and corrosion testing. All of these tests are completed to SAE standards, just like OEM components!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post, PM, email contact@diodedynamics.com

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks for looking!

Jake H.
    Diode Dynamics

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  2. Dec 3, 2019 at 2:13 PM
    J_Anthony_

J_Anthony_ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    RangerIsTheBestTruck.Duh.
    Naomi, Lana
    Your links do not work

3. Dec 3, 2019 at 2:30 PM
    Diode Dynamics

Member:
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Sorry about that! All fixed now.

Jake H.
    Diode Dynamics

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  4. Dec 5, 2019 at 1:04 PM
    Diode Dynamics

Member:
    St. Louis, Missouri

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  5. Dec 5, 2019 at 2:26 PM
    J_Anthony_

J_Anthony_ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    RangerIsTheBestTruck.Duh.
    Naomi, Lana
    Are these plug and play ? For Tacoma’s that come standard with Fogs ?

6. Dec 5, 2019 at 2:29 PM
    slowlane

slowlane Well-Known Member

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    16 double cab MGM
    Introductory promo pricing......:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

7. Dec 5, 2019 at 2:56 PM
    Diode Dynamics

Member:
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Correct, comes with wire adapter to plug directly in.
    Catch the last few days of our Cyber Monday sale! It's over at our site, but some dealers still have it running. You might check Lightwerkz.

8. Dec 7, 2019 at 6:53 PM
    tristero

tristero Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Magnetic Gray 4Runner
    Radflo, Icon, Metaltech, Total Chaos, Dirt King, SCS, BAMF
    why you get the hopes up like dis? I was busy working, ecomm, and missed all the BF CM sales :|

9. Dec 8, 2019 at 6:35 AM
    Diode Dynamics

Member:
    St. Louis, Missouri
    So sorry, you might find them on sale another time soon!

10. Dec 12, 2019 at 9:17 AM
    Fresh6390

Fresh6390 Well-Known Member

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    17' Super White Tacoma DCSB SR5
    Can I buy adapter plug separately? I do not need kit since going in aftermarket bumper and will be getting just the regular ss3.

11. Dec 12, 2019 at 11:18 AM
    Diode Dynamics

Member:
    St. Louis, Missouri
    You bet! Shoot us an email, we will get those added to the website soon. They are $10/pair.

EDIT: Just select H11 size here: https://www.diodedynamics.com/deutsch-dt-adapter-wires-pair.html

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  12. Dec 12, 2019 at 6:49 PM
    Fresh6390

Fresh6390 Well-Known Member

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    17' Super White Tacoma DCSB SR5
    Awesome! Fyi your person managing the instagram messaging advised me that you all did not sell these adapters separately. May want to update them.

Also, this is actually for a 5th gen 4runner. What size adapter do I need? Is it h16 or h11? Thanks!

13. Dec 13, 2019 at 5:45 AM
    Diode Dynamics

Member:
    St. Louis, Missouri
    We'll be sure to let everyone know, this was just added due to your request!

You'll need H11 for the 5th Gen 4runner.

Fresh6390 likes this.
  14. Dec 18, 2019 at 8:53 AM
    Dr3w

Dr3w Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Vehicle:
    2007 White DCSB Sport
    PreTaco170 likes this.
  15. Dec 18, 2019 at 9:12 AM
    Catfish21

Catfish21 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area, Ca to Fairbanks Ak.
    Vehicle:
    2022 SR 4x4 fully locked.
    does it come with a square frame? i'd like to fit these in my brute force fog light mount.....

16. Dec 18, 2019 at 1:43 PM
    Onemorodeo

Onemorodeo Well-Known Member

Member:
    OC SoCal
    Vehicle:
    ‘18 dclb TRD Sport 4wd Cement
    @Diode Dynamics what is the width of your Stage Series 3" SAE/DOT Yellow Sport Round LED Pod? Not looking for the Tacoma specific fog pod, but the round one to mount in a high clearance bumper. The spec link on the website only gives the width of the light not the bezel. Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  17. Dec 18, 2019 at 1:49 PM
    Onemorodeo

Member:
    OC SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I was told the same thing when I emailed them, also when I called. Weird since they obviously have it available for sale.

18. Dec 18, 2019 at 1:55 PM
    Diode Dynamics

Member:
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Yes! I'll snap a photo of our prototype and post it. You re-use the factory clip, but it fits up just like factory. We're just waiting on production. We hope to start offering them in January.

The Round bezel is 100mm diameter. I think that was the question? If not let me know and I'll grab any measurements you're looking for. Thanks!

Dr3w[QUOTED] likes this.
  19. Dec 18, 2019 at 3:03 PM
    Onemorodeo

Member:
    OC SoCal
    Vehicle:
    [QUOTE="

The Round bezel is 100mm diameter. I think that was the question? If not let me know and I'll grab any measurements you're looking for. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Sorry, yes, that answers my question. Not sure if it’ll fit at that diameter. I’ll have to do some more research. Thanks

20. Dec 19, 2019 at 2:58 AM
    TheDan

TheDan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Shasta Lake, California
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab Short Bed TRD OR
    I replaced my factory fog lights in my 2007 with Morimoto fogs quite some time ago. Will these still work for me, or will I have to find and buy a factory bracket?

To Top