1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New starter

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by broken taco, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Nov 17, 2011 at 3:48 PM
    broken taco

broken taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    San Diego / Houston
    Vehicle:
    01 TRD SR5 4WD
    Trail gear 3 Link Solid Axle Swap kit, 14 " Fox coil overs with reservoirs up front, Chevy 63 leaf spring swap with ruff stuffs Chevy 63 swap kit, 14 "Fox shocks on the rear, 37" tires, Custom front bumper by Next Venture Motor Sports with a warn winch, glassworks unlimited fender flares, custom rock rails with kickups (modeled after Relentless Fab Rock sliders), rear bumper from streetacos.com (with custom rap around protection for fiberglass fenders and the hitch receiver hidden behind the license plate that is on hinges), HID off road lights on front bumper, rigid pods on rear bumper with red back lighting, high lift mounted in the bed, onboard air, Flowmaster muffler, aftermarket air intake, alarm system, Alpine Deck, Alpine amp, Alpine speakers, JL W6 12" subwoofer, JL amp.
    I need a new started so i called the closest toyota dealership to me. They said for them to install a new starter it would cost $495.00 does that seem like to much. cuz my wallet is complaining that its too much.

2. Dec 13, 2011 at 8:18 PM
    broken taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    San Diego / Houston
    Vehicle:
    01 TRD SR5 4WD
    Trail gear 3 Link Solid Axle Swap kit, 14 " Fox coil overs with reservoirs up front, Chevy 63 leaf spring swap with ruff stuffs Chevy 63 swap kit, 14 "Fox shocks on the rear, 37" tires, Custom front bumper by Next Venture Motor Sports with a warn winch, glassworks unlimited fender flares, custom rock rails with kickups (modeled after Relentless Fab Rock sliders), rear bumper from streetacos.com (with custom rap around protection for fiberglass fenders and the hitch receiver hidden behind the license plate that is on hinges), HID off road lights on front bumper, rigid pods on rear bumper with red back lighting, high lift mounted in the bed, onboard air, Flowmaster muffler, aftermarket air intake, alarm system, Alpine Deck, Alpine amp, Alpine speakers, JL W6 12" subwoofer, JL amp.
    after about a month later of using my families extra car im finally gunna get my starter fixed. im gunna drive it up to huntington beach to pick up my 4.5 front and rear fender flares so i dont have to pay for shipping and get my starter fixed at my uncles toyota dealership up there in huntington beach.:D

3. Dec 13, 2011 at 8:25 PM
    1998tacomaowner

1998tacomaowner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    clarkston WA
    Vehicle:
    98 toyota tacoma
    3in lift,33s
    It took me about 40 min to have the old one out and the new one in it was 120$ at napa

4. Dec 14, 2011 at 3:24 PM
    broken taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    San Diego / Houston
    Vehicle:
    01 TRD SR5 4WD
    its finally starting again.:D and i got my fender flares from glassworks unlimited. does anyone want me to make a thread of how i put them on and what all you have to do to get them on.

5. Dec 14, 2011 at 3:28 PM
    huntark03

huntark03 I'd rather be hunting!

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Maumelle, AR
    Vehicle:
    2005 Limited Tundra DC 4X4
    Spidertrax Wheel Spacers aFe Pro Dry Drop in Air Filter Weathertech Liners Bilstein 5100s w/ OME 885 coils and ToyTec 1.5" AALs Light Racing UCAs
    Pictures??

6. Dec 14, 2011 at 3:52 PM
    broken taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    San Diego / Houston
    Vehicle:
    01 TRD SR5 4WD
    so far i just got the starter in. i dont think you want a picture of that but i can take some pictures of the fender flares 2night. i wont have them on for like a week a or more though

7. Dec 14, 2011 at 4:33 PM
    broken taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    San Diego / Houston
    Vehicle:
    01 TRD SR5 4WD
    heres a pic of one of the front fenders and one of the back fenders. not the best pics but hopefully it will do for now.

DSC03264.jpg
    DSC03267.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top