1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New street style skid plate / fits 95.5-04 trucks

Discussion in 'Street Trucks' started by Beefed Taco, May 16, 2011.

1. May 16, 2011 at 6:08 PM
    Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco [OP] Taco Vending Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    For a long time now I've wanted to build a skid plate that's made more for a lowered street truck. Why? Because they look sweet and when something flies at you on the freeway, it's a nice feeling to know it's going to deflect off the plate and the radiator and belts will be fine. (Been there got it by that)

This new style is simpler than my old. It uses the 2 cargo hooks on each frame rail that all 95.5-04 trucks have. Bolt on is as easy as removing the 2 bolts and hooks on each rail, then bolting the new skid on and reusing the factory cargo hooks.

Front bar protects radiator, lower bar protects sway bar and since it hides the bar, but is the same height as the sway bar, doesn't affect ground clearance, makes the plate visable on a lowered truck, and allows the use of aftermarket sway bars and shouldn't interfere with a intercooler on turbo trucks.

It weighs in at a measly 9 lbs and is offered with or w/o holes in the plate. Stainless hardware is used. Shipping is very affordable, calculated by area, and the item can be seen at streetacos.com on the product page by searching skid plates.

The last attachment is the old style that also used the 4 cross member bolts, this new skid hangs in front of the sway bar and is more visable on a street truck. I'll build myself one soon and post pics of it installed. I boxed this one quick and it's on it's way to New Orleans if New Orleans is still there after they opened the flood gates of hell.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

skid plate 95 04 007.jpg
    skid plate 95 04 006.jpg
    skid plate 95 04 003.jpg
    framebrace00005.jpg

2. May 16, 2011 at 7:12 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    wow nice! always innovative brian:)

3. May 19, 2011 at 7:21 AM
    Gr8WhiteTaco

Gr8WhiteTaco bishes love my haircut

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    SOLD 02 Double Cab TRD 4x4
    2005 Mazda 3S hatchback
    :thumbsup: you should start building Mazda stuff now that I've gone the way of the (M)

4. May 27, 2011 at 12:15 AM
    Beefed Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    ooooohhhhh....it'll fit...

[​IMG]

5. Oct 10, 2011 at 10:40 AM
    norcalduck510

norcalduck510 SlammedSociety

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    S.F.BayArea
    Vehicle:
    SlammedSingleCab 2RZ-FE
    Slammed! 7/8 17x9.5 VolkTE37 knockoffs Custom Intake/Exhaust
    I'd like a skid/bash guard that covers the swaybar mounts and oil pan, maybe with a small hole to access the oil drain plug. The cover would be more function than style. I'm scared of hitting stuff on the roads and severely denting my oil pan or catching some speed bumps on the brace that the swaybar mounts to. Rig something up beefed?

6. Oct 12, 2011 at 10:50 AM
    Beefed Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    I'll look under my truck today and get some ideas for you. I'd love to build something like you mentioned and since I own your model truck it won't be a problem. It'll use factory holes that all 95.5-04 trucks will have. Stay tuned, I'll run my ideas by you.

7. Mar 26, 2020 at 6:26 PM
    PrerunnerVsix

PrerunnerVsix Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ali
    Houston, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma prerunner V6
    SOS performance drop, 18" 4runner limited wheels
    Still available?

Plkyone likes this.